Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
Sorry, but believe is not a option right here.. watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtEbOGuxuig 3:10 - 4:26. It is very straight.
No, it's not very straightforward. In that video the question was asked how do you handle when there are more applications. And he answered that they want to show them all on the same page. Nowhere did he say that only 4 could be visible.

Show me video, which one have more than 4 apps running on home screen... Then i believe too.
I'm sorry that I don't have the time to dig up, and watch again all the videos, that I've viewed these past days.

But think for a minute... multitasking has been one of the key advantages Jolla has been touting for their new OS. Does it make any sense that only 4 would be shown? Frankly, it would be idiotic. I'm willing to go on record claiming they're not idiots.

So we'll see a bit later .

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Sorry, but believe is not a option right here.. watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtEbOGuxuig 3:10 - 4:26. It is very straight. Show me video, which one have more than 4 apps running on home screen... Then i believe too.

I do not want to be the party killer. I only try to get all info here . I try to update the firs page very often, so you can watch all videos there
There we go! 5 Apps running! I am sorry the image is low res but that's the best I can do. In the picture you can see there are 5 apps open and there is space for 4 more!(I highlighted open apps in RED and open spaces in GREEN)

The picture was taken from the SLUSH 2012: Sailfish UI presentation. Specific point is : 14:32
Attached Images

I find it too exhausting to prove my point that Sailfish currently can run more than 4 apps on the multitasking pane, it was already made clear in the Slush UI demo video, a little effort from the curious ones to view the video would be more than enough to clear things up

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW0hn...ature=youtu.be

Question 0:48-0:50 "How many apps are you able to run at the same time"?

Answer 0:51-0:55 "It's optimized for 9 apps at the moment because of the way UI is."

EDIT: mariusmssj's picture two post above mine pretty much shows the "optimized for 9 apps" bit. Room for 9 apps in one view. Propably have to scroll to see more open apps.

Last edited by Rauha; 2012-11-24 at 21:29.

Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
I would love to buy their first phone.I just want an affordable price

I love their startup where everybody got on the stage,so honest and open.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Around 200 EUR would be great with low end specs and no keyboard. 500 Euro for a 5" screen with keyboard would be event better. Add a new HD display(1080p) and and make it 600 Euro and we have a deal.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
How about, when you have over scaled or zoomed pictures and you try to move your screen to full left or right, so you can see whole picture, but it jumps "back".. I think N9 mail showing how pad it can work. If you zoom or you have too big page from mail software. Try to move left or right side of the screen. it always jumps to next or back post..
You swipe on the titlebar only then. Also, about multitasking they said they have minimized duplicate app windows. For example you won't have seperate messaging threads in seperate windows, so that minimizes the number of windows needed to be open compared to the N9.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
qwazix, I want your opinion on this.
It's has to do with appearance.

Anyways, here goes:

Wouldn't be better if ,by swipping an app , the app would be gradually fading out until it's completely gone?

Harmattan has the apps moving away from the screen when swiped. Which is cool. And we all know the effect belongs to Nokia.

Instead of Sailfish just vanishing the app ,imediately, when swiping .. it could (as I said) gradually fading the app. The more the user swipes the app, the more it fades out.

I hope you get me, my english got rusty

*the thing is, the swipe effect on Sailfish, reminds me of Nemo OS.
Which is not that good in this department. eye candy I mean.

*I overused the word "app", I know.

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2012-11-24 at 22:43.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
@hellasisgreece, it actually vanishes gradually. Maybe in the videos they did it too fast (I didn't watch the videos).

It starts to vanish and the place where it will end up is an empty placeholder until the animation is finished so that you will know where the app will go.

As far as I know the nemo swipe animation is not final either.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
It does? really?
I must say I have to watch the videos again , more carefully this time.

Thanks duder!

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?