Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Just found out that tizen.org has a new forum:
https://developer.tizen.org/forums

Barnabas Collins

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Curious choice... Mystique is currently dead in the X-Men comic book.
yeah, left dying by her "patron"...

Looks like Tizen is switching from DEB to RPM packaging. Can't they just start using Mer?

Read the whole thread linked from http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTIwMDU

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Looks like Tizen is switching from DEB to RPM packaging.
I thought this was mentioned a long time ago...MeeGo CE too was RPM its just Harmattan is DEB due to running a MeeGo compatability layer AFAIK...

I didn't really follow Tizen development, so even if it was mentioned - I missed it.

Tizen was based on DEB not because of any connection to Harmattan. It's because Samsung used Debian as a base for Bada I think, and it influenced first Tizen draft. Again - Tizen doesn't relate to Meego historically.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Was really excited about out tizen but since 2 month back Jolla is the top of the list. One reason is that samsung is completely quiet regarding tizen. STILL unknown if we ever see tizen on a customer based device.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Jolla's engagement with the community is way superior. Tizen is just another corporate incarnate. But hopefully Mer and Tizen can share some effort.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Not sure what incarnate means exactly but from my point of view its always buissniss first from both jolla and tizen(samsung) as the other OS companies. As an example both apple but even more Google, have a great communities far bigger than anything else.

So far i haven't seen anything between jolla and the community that is different from Samsung or Google. (exception is the announcment of the announcment date). Samsung has after all given away lots of free dev devices to community.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-07 at 18:48.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/26/t...hone-hands-on/

Tags
clunky, death rules, mike_tizen, titzen, tizen == kebab, tizen rules, tizen_day, tjamtjung, yet still sucks, zen and tizen