Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
You know we have another tizen thread. A merge would be nice...or we post same info twice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
So not only is Tizen a castrated Linux build, it will have sloppy HTML programs and sluggish Java Programs...
HTML5 is not like HTML4. It's nowhere sloppy or sluggish. In fact on WebKit it performs better than QML and the rendering of CSS3 is hardware accelerated.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
HTML5 is not like HTML4. It's nowhere sloppy or sluggish. In fact on WebKit it performs better than QML and the rendering of CSS3 is hardware accelerated.
Its been a while since I last looked at HTML. But even with v5, I hear there's things left to be desired (don't know what those things are people complaining of though).

HTML5 is the choice for the web, I'm still not sure its good enough to completely replace native/semi coding on the device.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
o
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Its been a while since I last looked at HTML. But even with v5, I hear there's things left to be desired (don't know what those things are people complaining of though).

HTML5 is the choice for the web, I'm still not sure its good enough to completely replace native/semi coding on the device.
But you still complaining?

Let's wait and see...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The experience with HTML5 depends a lot on the engine. Webkit is currently the best. Firefox' Gecko OTOH is really disappointing in terms of performance and smoothness.

JavaScript is a weird and often misunderstood language. With modern JIT compiling it's incredibly fast. But in order to write clean code with JavaScript, you need a lot of discipline and background knowledge about its quirks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
its there, tizen forum is up, yaaay

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
its there, tizen forum is up, yaaay
Thanks for posting it. I'm running a different forum software at the Tizen Talk forum. It has more features but I'm still learning it.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
already register, but doesnt held the device atm,

Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Thanks for posting it. I'm running a different forum software at the Tizen Talk forum. It has more features but I'm still learning it.
are we(TMO) connected to T2F or we need to register?

Tags
clunky, death rules, mike_tizen, titzen, tizen == kebab, tizen rules, tizen_day, tjamtjung, yet still sucks, zen and tizen