Hi guys, I hope you can help?

I received my N9 on wednesday evening and it is showing signs of problems already.

The handset appears to have a mind of its own as it keeps twitching and opening applications that are on a particular row of the apps panel. (as below)

The screen also appears trying to move as well and this is noticeable when left on the lockscreen where I can see it twitch. This is also affecting Apps too where if I was to open a text editor (sms etc), the screen will start cycling through the top row of the keyboard and when launching the browser it will select links in that region, open windows and start trying to zoom in and out.

Here is the vid of what's happening (sorry for it being blurry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE-y1UjhdwE

When I first powered on the device it worked fine, although there was the odd occasion where I noticed that scrolling in the browser would result in unwanted zooming of the page, but this was a momentary problem and I was able to continue to download apps and use it okay. However it is now much worse and I am forced to power it off just to regain some control. However at the moment it is lauching apps straight away once booted up.

If this was my n900 the I would swear that the digitiser was pressed in and on its way out, but this is no resistive and I can't for the life of me find an option for screen calibration.

I have searched the forum and google but could not find a relating problem. The large Screen problem thread in TMO is an amoled discussion and the other unresponsive/twitching screen thread only appears to be happening when charging (where mine is not).

The phone is already running PR1.2 but I am considering flashing it to see if this helps?

Can anyone give any advice? Hopefully it is not a fault as I am in the UK, the handset was shipped from the US and I am not sure how to go on with warranty.

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-05-26 at 23:48.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
seems to be ghost events, so if its under warranty go to nokia care. And if not in warranty then you could try following dismantle instructions and try to disconnect / reconnect the display cables to motherboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
... instructions and try to disconnect / reconnect the display cables to motherboard.
..and lose your warranty.

Just try to return it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Get it replaced. I had a similar issue on my first N950. It is a hardware fault.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Cagliari, Italy
I had exactly the same,same problem!!!!
just a week ago I decided,after flashig the phone,erasing apps from third party,to take my N9 to a nokia care.. at the end was an hardware problem....the toich screen sensor was broken.....now I've got a brand new sensor...and everything's fine!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to requiem_76 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the advice guys.

Does anyone know how we go about warranty repairs in the UK? I have just been in touch with Nokia Care online who can't help me as they have not been trained and the warranty checker claims this is "out of warranty", although I am guessing the automated system may not be able to recognise this in the UK? I bought this from a forum member and the device was "as new" still in it original plastic packaging. As I said before, it was working when I powered it on but has become worse since so returning it would be my very last option if there is other avenues I can follow first

@requiem_76: Did you have this problem before flashing the device?

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-05-18 at 16:11.

don't keep it with you... replace(via nokia care) as soon as you can... and throughly check the new device you get(camera screen everything)..

all the best

The Following User Says Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Cagliari, Italy
to MINKIN2: the problem with the touchscreen started BEFORE flashing it; at the beginning wasn't so problematic.....only somethimes,during typing sms.....but,suddenly,it started becoming a nightmare:impossible to use it....even impossible to insert the PIN code.....

The Following User Says Thank You to requiem_76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys.

Does anyone know how we go about warranty repairs in the UK? I have just been in touch with Nokia Care online who can't help me as they have not been trained and the warranty checker claims this is "out of warranty", although I am guessing the automated system may not be able to recognise this in the UK? I bought this from a forum member and the device was "as new" still in it original plastic packaging. As I said before, it was working when I powered it on but has become worse since so returning it would be my very last option if there is other avenues I can follow first

@requiem_76: Did you have this problem before flashing the device?
where does the product code originate? My was from Denmark. I typed in my IMEI number into the UK site and they said it was under warranty! Only when i contacted them via email they said parts that were unavailable in the UK, i.e. the screen, they would not be able to replace.

They told me to send it back to Denmark, which i didnt in the end! as it was only a odd looking scratch.

If you are not having luck with Nokia UK, try emailing the Nokia of the country its from as Denmark for example were quite helpful! Failing that try getting back to your USA supplier!

it must be quite frustrating! this is the first time i have bought a phone from overseas and after all the stories I have heard on here my last!

let us know ow you get on

The Following User Says Thank You to Grazy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
If all this warranty business gets messy take out phone insurance separately. E.g. most uk Banks offer it. It covers whatever device and if they can't fix it they will give you the money. E.g Lloyds

Is not ideal but might be the only choice if you can't get it to Denmark.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post: