Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I just think that in this period of time they are very relaxed about the T&C. Things that got various apps rejected in the olden days do not seem to be an issue anymore (about screens etc.)

Maybe it's because I am from Greece where rules are made to be broken, but I believe that if we really read every fine print we encounter, or think of all possible legal implications in anything we do in our lives we would just spend all our lives reading and trying to interpret legal documents, and achieve nothing.

Anyway this application will improve the possibility of running apps on the N9 vastly and this is the core incentive of this device program so even if they cannot officially make an exemption they will silently allow the application in the store. Probably, shaking the waters too much will cause an unneeded refusal (due to legalities that cannot be bent to excuse an official YES), which wouldn't happen if you just tried.

<offtopic> my N950 is unbootable after OTA, trying with oneclick flasher to revive it</offtopic>

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-06-18 at 12:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by bibek View Post
Some people are reporting that courier asked them to clear custom duties before they could receive the shipment.
Is it necessary for us? No free shipping as said?
Who is 'some people' ?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
@qgil: I dropped you an email with my contact information (address etc). I was told that the user id is something like AID-xxxxxx and can be seen clicking on 'Developer account' on the right side when you login. Unfortunately, i am missing 'Developer account' there, my list ends with 'Discussion boards references'. I hope its okay as you have my username.
The AID is not required. Your plain developer.nokia.com user name aka BluesLee is good enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
DavyP, if your software can't be published because of the small print of terms and conditions then it's clear that you have done what you could from your side.

Your project is quite original and deserves recognition and support. I'm happy sending you the device anyway so you can test properly. Thank your for your patience trying to do the right thing!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Who is 'some people' ?
It was Mr. Abhishek Kumar (shwstppr) author of Cutepress. He is from my country and my friend.
Told me today

The aim is that all developers they get devices without any cost. We are looking at the case of Abhishek.

We are still missing the data from Lasse Stenberg (orava). All the rest are on track.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
My second app in participation, Blob for Meego just passed QA.

It'd soon be available at
http://store.ovi.com/content/266343
will update wiki entry after that.

So one device got through 2 big apps
now I'm more excited

The Following User Says Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
@qgil:
I still haven't any news here
Please remember what I've wrote you via email
Today someone from Nokia sent me an email asking about the Lumia that I've never received because I didn't have the money
Hope you send the new device via TNT, maybe DHL is the problem
QtAmbassador program sent me a device without any customs problem and I didn't have to pay anything
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Maybe it was just me, but I was under an impression that these submissions would be free downloads, just noticed that FotoShareN9 costs 2e, that would make it not so popular for wider audiances.

And yes there is GPLv3 git repository avail, which is a good thing, so the cheap gates can compile the .deb themselves, but that doesn't help the average end user who doesn't know how to use git.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-06-18 at 22:15.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Maybe it was just me, but I was under an impression that these submissions would be free downloads, just noticed that FotoShareN9 costs 2e, that would make it not so popular for wider audiances.
I've kept both my apps free. And if I receive the device properly, it'd be more than enough compensation to keep it free forever