PDA

View Full Version : The Grand NITDroid Thread - NITDroid ICS Upgrade!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21

sifo
2012-04-30, 16:31
@aditya_123412
you think programming an easy thing or you think you will just sleep and wake up in the morning and say oh im a programer :D :p if you want guides search google btw you will need a year or more to learn that depending on your brain
(dont take me too serious but this is the fact ! :)

pablocrossa
2012-04-30, 19:28
Any guides on how to learn Programming for Maemo(Or Linux in general)?
I want to contribute to this project,but I am unfamiliar with this stuff!

I must agree with sifo, more so regarding this project

If you said you wanted to make a GUI to post on twitter you would probably take a few hours to learn that

If you say you want to learn what modifications a linux kernel needs to interact adequately with drivers or modules that are virtually nonexistant together with patching broken Hardware Abstraction Layer sources well... you are pretty much f*cked if you think you can start understanding, never mind patching and fixing, the source for this project :)

That being said... the more programmers in this world the better, go ahead and learn, if you have a logical brain I am sure you will find it sattisfying :)

aditya_123412
2012-05-01, 14:26
I agree to your point,I mostly program on VB.net and stuff,but I feel kind of guilty about not doing anything,and I feel maybe a skill learnt is time well spent.Maybe atleast I'd make a silly widget or two........

hahahi20
2012-05-02, 12:35
I have some problems with NITDroid, I installed it on my EMMC (with the 8gig EMMC) with the autoinstaller from the wiki. But it was very unstable and it crashed alot, then I got a shining android logo and NITDroid restarted. after alot of crasher I turned the phone off.

It would boot up again and the OS is damaged, so I need to charge my battery in another phone to flash it back again.

Why could Nitdroid be so unstable? and what is the best way to install it on my EMMC again if I have reflashed the device?

vakkov
2012-05-02, 19:30
U-boot thread updated - http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=73.0

imo
2012-05-03, 00:18
any word on voice calling ,GPS and camera issues ?

panjgoori
2012-05-03, 15:27
i dont need gps and camera. but please fix voice calls or atleast fix sms bug.

skykooler
2012-05-03, 17:54
i dont need gps and camera. but please fix voice calls or atleast fix sms bug.

Oh, sorry, nobody realized that anyone wanted voice calling. I'll just get ammyt to fix that right away.

</sarcasm>

Ok, Nitdroid has been in development for what? Two years practically? The fact that we still don't have voice calls should indicate that it's not just a simple little thing to fix. People have been working on this. We may get voice calling at some point; there is already some improvement done (you can hear the other end, albeit in poor quality). But this is a big project; it is underway, but there's no point saying "please fix it".

panjgoori
2012-05-03, 18:23
Oh, sorry, nobody realized that anyone wanted voice calling. I'll just get ammyt to fix that right away.

</sarcasm>

Ok, Nitdroid has been in development for what? Two years practically? The fact that we still don't have voice calls should indicate that it's not just a simple little thing to fix. People have been working on this. We may get voice calling at some point; there is already some improvement done (you can hear the other end, albeit in poor quality). But this is a big project; it is underway, but there's no point saying "please fix it".

yes i know Nitdroid has been in development for about 2 years or may be more and also Nitdroid team is working hard to make it all perfect and working android port for us. im just requesting nothing else.

zozeta2
2012-05-03, 22:03
to me i just replace the init,subsys file some thing like that ,then mobile go,s to reboot red light shoots on ndroid no battery and it was full then rebooted .huge yellow screen comes up all errors and may reboot then reboot and get the ticni colors screen with some squares hahahaha .just flash it agian and all my pdf files erased that was prepared for exams :mad: .no one can give us ndroid complete with script only ammyt

Joseph9560
2012-05-04, 00:05
Voice call soon to work in n9,

https://twitter.com/#!/drunkdebugger/status/198184253371060224

impeham
2012-05-04, 15:39
Maybe this was answered before - i tried to look but this is some huge thread.

I've extracted "N12_UMay.tar" into an SD partition and afterwards installed "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc4_armel.deb". everything seems to be fine and i can boot from multiboot choosing nitdroid.

However, after android is loaded (there's the locked screen which you need to slide to open) i get many exceptions - pressing all the "close" buttons i can get to the menu and run "settings" but cannot activate WiFi - i'm getting something like "wifi error".

i also tried to extract "NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2" but also got these many errors on startup. i tried also to extract these and install "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_7-rc7_armel.deb" but not good also.

Am i forgetting to install/setup something? i read ~5-6 guides but found nothing that i missed to do. maybe the combinations of the deb and compressed image were not compatible?

pablocrossa
2012-05-04, 15:43
Voice call soon to work in n9,

https://twitter.com/#!/drunkdebugger/status/198184253371060224

That is good news, maybe the fix on the N9 can be applied on the N900 if they use the same/similar HAL / sound system / libraries :confused:

:D

pablocrossa
2012-05-04, 15:44
Maybe this was answered before - i tried to look but this is some huge thread.

I've extracted "N12_UMay.tar" into an SD partition and afterwards installed "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc4_armel.deb". everything seems to be fine and i can boot from multiboot choosing nitdroid.

However, after android is loaded (there's the locked screen which you need to slide to open) i get many exceptions - pressing all the "close" buttons i can get to the menu and run "settings" but cannot activate WiFi - i'm getting something like "wifi error".

i also tried to extract "NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2" but also got these many errors on startup. i tried also to extract these and install "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_7-rc7_armel.deb" but not good also.

Am i forgetting to install/setup something? i read ~5-6 guides but found nothing that i missed to do. maybe the combinations of the deb and compressed image were not compatible?

Try changing the power.conf and adding a bigger heapmemory
whatever to nitdroid, cannot remember the exact steps, let me look for them

impeham
2012-05-04, 16:04
Try changing the power.conf and adding a bigger heapmemory
whatever to nitdroid, cannot remember the exact steps, let me look for them

I'll appreciate if you can find it. I also cannot find a file named "power.conf" in the entire /and tree.

pablocrossa
2012-05-04, 16:08
I'll appreciate if you can find it. I also cannot find a file named "power.conf" in the entire /and tree.

I remember inside /and/etc there are several power.conf, I recommend you rename the 250-500 or the 500-700 to only power.conf, then NITdroid will boot with those CPU clocks

Then you can use SetCPU (First post of this thread) to set any additional tweaks, but I think the power.conf is enough

Finally you had to modify a file and add the line
dalvikvm.heapsize=32
or something like that, but I cannot remember the file, looking for it in all the posts hehe :D

impeham
2012-05-04, 16:42
I remember inside /and/etc there are several power.conf, I recommend you rename the 250-500 or the 500-700 to only power.conf, then NITdroid will boot with those CPU clocks

Then you can use SetCPU (First post of this thread) to set any additional tweaks, but I think the power.conf is enough

dalvikvm.heapsize=32
or something like that, but I cannot remember the file, looking for it in all the posts hehe :D

found it :) -> /system/build.prop

http://code.google.com/p/nitdroid-v2/issues/detail?id=77

Testing it now

zozeta2
2012-05-04, 17:19
and when u will fix the telephoney erroor :(
this only happens when i install nitdroid also from 2 month i didnt make a call ,i just reflash and then get the same error :(

impeham
2012-05-04, 17:56

dalvikvm.heapsize=32

Didn't help - Here's what i did:

extracted "N12_UMay.tar.bz2" to a clean mounted /and (mounted to mmcblk1p3)

installed "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc4_armel.deb" from maemo while still mounted

created a file in /and/system//etc/power.conf with the content of /and/system/etc/oc-profile-500-750.conf

edited /and/system/build.prop and changed the line:
"dalvik.vm.heapsize=20m" to "dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m"

unmounted /and and reboot - choosing nitdroid from menu.

I am still getting many exceptions during load (after UI starts)
for example: process.com.android.launcher has stopped unexpectedly (force close)
and many other errors like this.

zozeta2
2012-05-04, 20:49
i swear they cook our devics with these installitions and threads :( pulshit no working camera no calls no msgs just killing us . only wasting time ,many reboots ,many mistakes ,if u install things then other big problerm comes up like sun (erroooorrr )my hope is to see my mobile working and (on) to the next day when iam on ndroid ??? all the time off ?? what a offffffffffffffff. Maemo how do u accept users to get out of your cevlization ?? why u didnt convert to us ndroid deb file ??and to us just only install kernel for power users settings with the over clock tools ?? whyyyyy !!! come on feeel it when u press ctrl + erase putton you get out of ndroid !! then tap agian on screen so you r on ndroid . edit me how to fix telephoney error :(

skykooler
2012-05-04, 20:55
i swear they cook our devics with these installitions and threads :( pulshit no working camera no calls no msgs just killing us . only wasting time ,many reboots ,many mistakes ,if u install things then other big problerm comes up like sun (erroooorrr )my hope is to see my mobile working and (on) to the next day when iam on ndroid ??? all the time off ?? what a offffffffffffffff. Maemo how do u accept users to get out of your cevlization ?? why u didnt convert to us ndroid deb file ??and to us just only install kernel for power users settings with the over clock tools ?? whyyyyy !!! come on feeel it when u press ctrl + erase putton you get out of ndroid !! then tap agian on screen so you r on ndroid . edit me how to fix telephoney error :(

Please read thread...these were mostly discussed, and it is hurting my head to try and read that.

scoobydoo
2012-05-07, 20:28
sorry if this has already been asked but can't for the life of me extract zimage of nitdroid rc7 kernel for u-boot, any help appreciated but i need to do it on device as no p.c at mo cheers sorry if i sound like a dumbass

rajanmb2005
2012-05-14, 07:17
*Applause* :D

not able to download . .

help me download

thanks

Hichamkazan
2012-05-17, 13:54
hey I just want to ask you about my n900
I have first installed android by the fdisk way and then the screen starts having problems I flashed it then I installed with auto installer and it worked for like 1 week then the wireless stopped working (catching wpa networks) then I installed it with new auto installer and the same thing the wireless is the problem and now I installed it again and the wireless is the problem can any one help please
I'm installing it on mmcblk0p2 I don't have a memory card so any one help please :mad:
sry for my bad english

Derfomiundz
2012-05-18, 04:53
Help needed please getting following error on installing latest ics
"Unfortunately setup wizard has stopped" when clicking on green android robot icon after installing ics.
please help

Touch the four corners of the screen, clockwise, beginning with the top left corner (portrait orientation). This will bypass the setup wizard and take you to the homescreen. Hope it helps. Any question let me know.

mailcomx
2012-05-18, 15:45
Hi, I have NITDROID Umay 2.3.4 installed with the latest version of Chainfire, I have seen people who have installed Internet such modern combat 3 (by ersan), I tried to install it and throws me the error "my device is not support ... "anyone have any idea how to configure the device to be compatible with existing games?:confused: Thanks guys.

aditya_123412
2012-05-20, 15:00
I installed Modern Combat(Dont know 2 or 3),without chainfire,and it ran wonderfully.I think it worked because it was cracked...but it ran well.

ichunddu9
2012-05-20, 16:38
I installed Modern Combat(Dont know 2 or 3),without chainfire,and it ran wonderfully.I think it worked because it was cracked...but it ran well.

how do you play it without multitouch?

rmarcus
2012-05-20, 21:01
Hello guys!
I have been trying to install all versions and the problem remains...I get a red light blinking and it says that my battery is empty, which isn't.
Has anyone faced this problem?

THanx in advance :)

panjgoori
2012-05-21, 16:08

its probable Modern Warfare 2. Modern Warfare 3 requires newer hardwares.

how do you play it without multitouch?

it is playable. i have played it its also smooth with Swap enabled :D:D

aditya_123412
2012-05-21, 17:59
its probable Modern Warfare 2. Modern Warfare 3 requires newer hardwares.

it is playable. i have played it its also smooth with Swap enabled :D:D
Yes,it is playable without multitouch,with some patience.....But I am not able to save the game
And also,I am not able to install Asphalt 6,or Nova2.......:(

And its Modern Combat,not Modern Warfare

panjgoori
2012-05-22, 11:58
sorry my bad. actually i like COD: Modern Warfare 3 so much that each time i write something about Modern Combat i replace combat with Warfare. Both names are quite same.

razer1224
2012-05-24, 13:06
please i have installed ics and goes into settings but the setup wizard is not responding>>>>help<<<<<

skip0pot2mus
2012-05-24, 20:46
Sorry to be maybe the 1000'th person to ask, but I've just installed on a clean N900, and multiboot does not load with he keyboard out.

I can't reinstall Nitdroid, it says already exists.

Cheers

skip0pot2mus
2012-05-24, 21:52
ok just installed multiboot. now when i click 2 for nitdroid it says

"cant flash kernel, required files not found guru meditation #00000025.62017712"

I've searched that, and it says about editing multiboot.d, but that post was years ago, and I can't find what they are referring to when they say "follow from steps 7c"

Nitroid is installed on EMMC, and i've used a custom 8gb 20gb img.

Maemo works, faster than it did before I wiped all the crap out! :)

samipower
2012-05-25, 20:48
But in theory nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb is more recent than nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_7-rc7_armel.deb

or not??

http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/

here say:

that your kernel is november 2011 and the final april 2012

Am i wrong??

I am asking ok??

2.6.28-07 november 2011
2.6.28-06 april 2012

It is rare or no?

in theory 07 more recent not???

romiiio
2012-05-26, 02:06
Hi i have recently managed to install the ICS nitdroid but i couldnt see the app market anywhere how do i download apps and games? and my wifi doesnt seem to come on! is this working on ICS? as when i had Gingerbread it used to work fine! please help

anim1
2012-05-26, 05:41
can i get some help pls

panjgoori
2012-05-26, 07:40
But in theory nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb is more recent than nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_7-rc7_armel.deb

or not??

http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/

here say:

that your kernel is november 2011 and the final april 2012

Am i wrong??

I am asking ok??

2.6.28-07 november 2011
2.6.28-06 april 2012

It is rare or no?

in theory 07 more recent not???

dont know about this. as much as i know rc7 kernel is the latest one as it has some fixes for ICS. may be that date is for when file is uploaded as e-yes moved nitdroid website to another server and uploaded other files first and this file later as he got it after uploading them

samipower
2012-05-26, 13:41
I have been disconnected more time and now I am reading all post and news older and newest .
Thanks for your information

michaaa62
2012-05-26, 14:36
can i get some help pls
The obvious line is the one stating Error:you already have /and directory
Either remove the /and directory, if it is empty, or run the nitdroid-uninstaller to delete former, may be non-working, versions of nitdroid

anim1
2012-05-26, 14:54
The obvious line is the one stating
Either remove the /and directory, if it is empty, or run the nitdroid-uninstaller to delete former, may be non-working, versions of nitdroid

can u point me to the working version.

michaaa62
2012-05-26, 16:12
No i am not at all familiar with the installer, did it manually because of the better control to the process.

The steps to be taken are deeply buried in this thread at http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1156173&postcount=4011 and in the following posts, because the description was incomplete: The files had to be fetched and placed to the right place manually. The version of the installer, which was needed, but must not be executed, was important.

Nevertheless you might try to read it and, if needed, ask for further assistance.

There is also a wiki article for information http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC

anim1
2012-05-26, 16:42
nitdroid installed successfully, but upon reboot with the keyboard slid out, i am booted straight into maemo. no option to choose between nitdroid or maemo.

michaaa62
2012-05-26, 17:13
Hm, did you install multiboot?

anim1
2012-05-26, 17:49
i gave it a shot but it said unable to install

michaaa62
2012-05-26, 18:02
Try to get some more output from the install process by using the terminalsudo gainroot
apt-get install multibootPlease copy and paste the output here.

skip0pot2mus
2012-05-27, 07:14
ok just installed multiboot. now when i click 2 for nitdroid it says

"cant flash kernel, required files not found guru meditation #00000025.62017712"

I've searched that, and it says about editing multiboot.d, but that post was years ago, and I can't find what they are referring to when they say "follow from steps 7c"

Nitroid is installed on EMMC, and i've used a custom 8gb 20gb img.

Maemo works, faster than it did before I wiped all the crap out! :)

Can ignore!

Redownloaded the installer from the first post, after a few failed attemps, it took a long time, and worked!

The installer on application manager is different?! It starts to format locations on the EMMC, then crashes!

Cheers

anim1
2012-05-28, 03:57
damn thing wiped my memory card clean again.

zozeta2
2012-05-28, 09:27
can some one brick android .bar files on n900 they are 3 mb ???

xXSiLENt kiLLaXx
2012-05-29, 17:02
No i am not at all familiar with the installer, did it manually because of the better control to the process.

The steps to be taken are deeply buried in this thread at http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1156173&postcount=4011 and in the following posts, because the description was incomplete: The files had to be fetched and placed to the right place manually. The version of the installer, which was needed, but must not be executed, was important.

Nevertheless you might try to read it and, if needed, ask for further assistance.

There is also a wiki article for information http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC

Im new to the N900 family. Ive followed that link and successfully installed Nitroid.
this has probably been posted before but my apologies. i can only connect to the internet once ive connected to my wifi and cant connect to the internet any other way via mobile network. is there anyway i can have this fixed? Nitdroid is a brilliant development. would love to use it to its full potential. thanx!

guisoliver
2012-05-29, 19:03
Now finally i already get a stable Nitdroid but i want to know why the system is so "hungry" and in two hours usage is enough to discharge all the battery? It's possible to do some tweak to optimize the Nitdroid power usage?

michaaa62
2012-05-29, 20:15
Im new to the N900 family. Ive followed that link and successfully installed Nitroid.
this has probably been posted before but my apologies. i can only connect to the internet once ive connected to my wifi and cant connect to the internet any other way via mobile network. is there anyway i can have this fixed? Nitdroid is a brilliant development. would love to use it to its full potential. thanx!

You might try to disable the SIMlock PIN in Maemo settings application, in the phone settings. This makes the SIM card available in Nitdroid.

xXSiLENt kiLLaXx
2012-05-29, 21:04
You might try to disable the SIMlock PIN in Maemo settings application, in the phone settings. This makes the SIM card available in Nitdroid.

thanx for the rply.
uhm i tried that a couple of weeks back. my simlock pin is deactivated . when i switch to nitdroid, and im connectd to wifi, the signal bars glow green. when i move away from home(disconnect it), its grey and doesnt have any connection nor can i choose any connection. basically can only connect to internet when wifi is on. pls help. thanx for your time!

samipower
2012-05-29, 21:17
Overclock dsp (graphic card) in nitdroid???

cpu 1150mhz ok but dsp ???

In maemo I can to have cpu 1150mhz and dsp 600mhz but in nitdroid??

And any app-files for can see-change dsp speed??

compiling new modules??
and/system/lib/modules/current/pvrsrvkm.ko
and/system/lib/modules/current/omaplfb.ko
and/system/lib/dsp
others??

Any person did it??

Acidspunk
2012-05-29, 22:13

compiling new modules??
and/system/lib/dsp
others??

Any person did it??

Wait you bought another n900 samipower? Welcome back! ;)

samipower
2012-05-29, 22:25
thanks , jajaa, In maemo I am doing tests, now I am flashing n900 again jaja.

Antutu benchmark 2.34 Umay12 kernel rc-7 latest cpu 1150mhz 2670 points

Now I will do overclock in maemo , dsp 600mhz and I will try again , for can see if in nitdroid 600mhz or default 430mhz..

But I think that overclock in maemo is other world and nothing will pass in nitdroid with dsp jeje but I am boring testing jeje

Tests and more tests amd trying new games and nitdroid 2.3.7 and ics.................

My old galaxy s2 very bored

I tried onlive and the sound is very slow , I tried onlive 1.2patched all controllers . In others mobiles onlive sound was well.

I am looking the object because it is happening

aditya_123412
2012-05-30, 12:53

compiling new modules??
and/system/lib/dsp
others??

Any person did it??

I think the DSP is at its max in Nitdroid.Dont have any way to confirm this,but the gaming and 720p playback in Nitdroid is way far better than that in Maemo.Can anyone else test and confirm?

nanjukumar
2012-06-02, 02:11
Guys,
need a lil help here... i had installed gingerbread 2.3.4 and later upgraded it to 2.3.7 and yesterday night tried to install ICS on my nokia n900, but when installing got a out of memory error and later when i log into ICS... the phone just freezes after the main screen on Android.... can anyone please help

nanjukumar@gmail.com

Thanks
nanju

samipower
2012-06-02, 16:31
DO NOT INSTALL ICE CREAM NOT STABLE

One question two times asked and never nothing person say nothing.

CAMERA WORKING IN NITDROID

camera patch:

cp cam.patch ~/nitdroid/frameworks/base && cd ~/nitdroid/frameworks/base && patch -p1 < cam.patch
and this a link: "Camera HAL for N900 (Gingerbread)"
http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=71.0
https://gitorious.org/android-n900/vendor_nitdroid_n900/trees/gingerbread/libcamera

In theory was running , But not problem I will say tomorror how is possible camera working for newby.

But I see bad that nothing people tell it to other people.

Second question dsp overclock , that it is possible ,I am sure.

Gps very very difficult

Calls near for n9 ,

N12 2.3.4 more stable , with swap activated

jellyroll
2012-06-02, 16:56
Does anyone know howto get gprs internet working ?

nanjukumar
2012-06-03, 03:23
DO NOT INSTALL ICE CREAM NOT STABLE

One question two times asked and never nothing person say nothing.

CAMERA WORKING IN NITDROID

camera patch:

cp cam.patch ~/nitdroid/frameworks/base && cd ~/nitdroid/frameworks/base && patch -p1 < cam.patch
and this a link: "Camera HAL for N900 (Gingerbread)"
http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=71.0
https://gitorious.org/android-n900/vendor_nitdroid_n900/trees/gingerbread/libcamera

In theory was running , But not problem I will say tomorror how is possible camera working for newby.

But I see bad that nothing people tell it to other people.

Second question dsp overclock , that it is possible ,I am sure.

Gps very very difficult

Calls near for n9 ,

N12 2.3.4 more stable , with swap activated

Thank you Sami:)

nanjukumar
2012-06-03, 03:56
E-yes after compiling with tiny also source written by vakkov i m able to hear the calls its not completly audible but in bits the wave is breaking and i m only able to hear it in loud speaker its on multiboot not u-boot
source link http://www.mediafire.com/?1ddxo9k46bzdpca

guisoliver
2012-06-04, 01:13
It is possible to install N12 Umay in EMMC with this instruction? http://www.webadvices.com/2011/01/how-to-install-gingerbread-on-nokia.html

I already tried to install N12 - Umay - Android 2.3 and when i unpack the files to /and partitions, i see a lot of errors and the Nitdroid don't works in my cellphone. I installed the previous version that is the Android 2.2, it's usable but this version don't supports swap and don't work SMS, camera and if we have a version that supports, it's interesting.

The camera quality in N12 Umay is so good than in Maemo?

samipower
2012-06-04, 10:02
This is a good advance for all

http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=73.0

samipower
2012-06-04, 15:41
Nitdroid camera working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o1N_hemQFI

Uploaded by samipower

I got it in this mode :

0- android 2.3.4 umay 12 installed with ammyt auto-installer 2.8.9 beta 3

1- copy files to mobile via usb storage or with winscp and open ssh installed into n900

2-
xterminal
sudo gainroot
mount /home /and

copy
camd and init_subsys into and/system/maemo/bin

copy
libcamera
libaudio
into and/system/maemo/lib

copy init.nokia.rc into and/system

update to android 2.3.7 and camera working.

I do not know If with other mode or files , camera working ,

Files :
http://www.mediafire.com/?60xt4728hyf2fc1

Thanks to :

e-yes , ammyt ,Alexey Roslyakov , vakkov , XeonDead ,melisa queen, and for samipower jajaj

AND VERY IMPORTANT FOR SWAP that I can see that the people do not understand well it

xterminal
sudo gainroot
mount /home /and
leafpad default.prop

and change

swap.swappiness=0 and put 1 AND SAVE

nitdrod installed in MICROSD :
persist.swap.dev=mmcblk1p3
swap.swappiness=1

Nitdroid installed in EMMC
persist.swap.dev=mmcblk0p3
swap.swappiness=1

samipower
2012-06-04, 22:41
mass effect infiltrator running without problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YOeCtmzihw

Nova 3 installed but failed . Not playable at this moment.

This information is for nitdroid players

nanjukumar
2012-06-05, 02:46
Nitdroid camera working

Uploaded by samipower

I got it in this mode :

0- android 2.3.4 umay 12 installed with ammyt auto-installer 2.8.9 beta 3

1- copy files to mobile via usb storage or with winscp and open ssh installed into n900

2-
xterminal
sudo gainroot
mount /home /and

copy
camd and init_subsys into and/system/maemo/bin

copy
libcamera
libaudio
into and/system/maemo/lib

copy init.nokia.rc into and/system

update to android 2.3.7 and camera working.

I do not know If with other mode or files , camera working ,

Files :
http://www.mediafire.com/?60xt4728hyf2fc1

Thanks to :

e-yes , ammyt ,Alexey Roslyakov , vakkov , XeonDead ,melisa queen, and for samipower jajaj

AND VERY IMPORTANT FOR SWAP that I can see that the people do not understand well it

xterminal
sudo gainroot
mount /home /and
leafpad default.prop

and change

swap.swappiness=0 and put 1 AND SAVE

nitdrod installed in MICROSD :
persist.swap.dev=mmcblk1p3
swap.swappiness=1

Nitdroid installed in EMMC
persist.swap.dev=mmcblk0p3
swap.swappiness=1

Hey Sami,

Unable to copy the files to my nokia n900.... it is asking for a password. Also please can you share the ammyt auto installer...

Thanks
Nanju

samipower
2012-06-05, 10:43
Sorry I forgot it .

camera files
pasword: samipower

AMMYT auto-installers
http://www.mediafire.com/?zhzu11sa3109hzz

pasword: samipower

regards

I recorded my video with swap not enable , with swap enable and n900 805mhz , camera very faster

guisoliver
2012-06-05, 20:41
Is the camera good enough to take photos?

samipower
2012-06-06, 00:47
Camera state "test" . I tried only two or three shoots. You can try it and tell us how is the faster and the well it.

I erase all files in my n900 , and flashed again nitdroid.

first 2.3.4
second 2.3.7

and camera is working without nothing more.

zozeta2
2012-06-06, 12:38
help pleas
i tried all flashess ,sory 4 my english ,
all telephone msg error hits up when i installed nitdroid also password lock key wont remove and i keeep flashing and the password dos not delete when i flash ?? also in maemo flasher it erease CMT ,but writeing fails ? i use windows 7 32 bit . and there is one thing tells me my phone is k ,before the telephone yellow error hits up so i can hear my computer speaker there is a signal from my n900(zzzzzz) but cant accept ;( .
i searched on all posts and used the board cut number so wt ells

samipower
2012-06-06, 13:17
I am spanish , but your english is horrible, please you must be to use google traductor.

first :

your n900 has a security code

second :

you can not flash your n900

The other I do not know /understand .

Use windows xp , maemo.wiki maemo flasher and web page nokia.dev.tablets

or nokia suite and update your firmware .

For delete/change your security code is possible I did it in my n900.

but are steps and steps and steps ........

samipower
2012-06-06, 16:23
Updating 2.3.4 to 4.0.3

ERROR with setup wizard

updating 2.3.7 to 4.0.3

working but very slow not swap enable.
not 3d hw.
not camera.

for tests only.

zozeta2
2012-06-06, 17:02
good work sami , i also still reflashing :( and i didnt try your project yet just when i get my serialnumber back so i will try .
now i reflash my n900 , the lockscreen password did not remove, it also ask me for it when i go to setting and clear device option . other reflash with vanilla for emmc but didnt remove password and didnt change any thing on my device . Can i use maemo flasher on windows 8 powershell ? if yes so how

zozeta2
2012-06-06, 17:24
can u please take a look at those 2 android .bar files .
extract them from pc and see if maybe filebox can let them work without rebooting .!? i tryed but didnt get nothing. http://www.mediafire.com/?x99rphy37d7aq55

vakkov
2012-06-06, 19:03
to skip the setup wizard just do this - http://blog.empirion.co.uk/android/ics-on-nexus-s-unfortunately-setup-wizard-has-stopped/

asasan
2012-06-08, 06:30
There is no way I can read 458 pages of this thread to get this thing working. I guess one has to shoot the question and hope to get targeted answer. So here goes:

I only need to Android to run one application, Looxcie cam. I have just flashed my N900 and followed the wiki Method 1 in two steps:
1. Download the NITDroid Autoinstaller to ./MyDocs i.e. root directory of N900 and install it:
2. Run the NITDroid installer app from your programs list.

Right there is my first question. Step one says "...and install it"
Does that mean other than copying the file to /MyDocs you do something else before running the installer in step 2?

I just copied to MyDocs and ran the installer. It went through and said all good and should work, press any key to reboot. I clicked enter the installer closed but no reboot even after long wait. So I manually switched off. I turned N900 back on with keyboard out hoping to boot in Android, but there was no difference and no boot choice. I don't even know what I expect to see if booted correctly. And when there, how to grab and install LooxcieCam.

Can someone please help a total noob get this droid Looxcie camera app on N900?

skip0pot2mus
2012-06-08, 10:19
Some of the links in this thread are dead/link to old updates which is rather confusing.

Best bet it to download the file from the first post, install that.

It should take a while to download files in Xterminal, so if it installs real quick, it hasn't downloaded the files from the Internet, which is the trouble I had 3 or so times.

I also had trouble trying to install using the installer available in the application manager.

Be sure to remove your SD card.

asasan
2012-06-08, 17:44
I used the same download NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-8.deb and the installer did take a while to complete. I just can boot up with android when turning it on with keyboard out.

I thought on a newly flashed unit with lots of room.this installation method should be fine. Is there another method of installation without partitioning

don_falcone
2012-06-10, 19:25
Linaro optimizes Android ICS performance with gcc 4.7 toolchain:
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4089218
http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/06/03/linaro-android-puts-stock-android-to-shame-on-ti-pandaboard-omap4430/comment-page-1/#comment-8549
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/B%2BOGg6HGeXINjUAw7F8j%2FQ

Nihanthk
2012-06-10, 19:30
hey guys i am having a problem installing ICS on my N900.
it gets installed but when the settings screen appears after install i select manual setting option and when i click on the android i con it gives an error(app crashes and restarts.) and goes back to the same screen....
cant get out of the loop to reach the homescreen.

asasan
2012-06-10, 19:34
Is there no hope for me?

I used the same download NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-8.deb and the installer did take a while to complete. I just can boot up with android when turning it on with keyboard out.

I thought on a newly flashed unit with lots of room.this installation method should be fine. Is there another method of installation without partitioning

Nihanthk
2012-06-10, 19:41
Is there no hope for me?

try using latest beta installer it uses ur phone memory and installs in it

asasan
2012-06-11, 02:53
try using latest beta installer it uses ur phone memory and installs in it

Would you be kind enough to tell where I can get this latest? Wherever I go the NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-8.deb is available as latest. I don't see any beta. Is it the case that the last stable version is not really reliable and one's best choice is the latest beta?

Easy to see the reason for the migration away from magnificent machines towards mainstream devices and widely used OS. Shame!

All the money lost in Nokia stock since 2007 aside, clinging to N900 and not having any support to install applications is just pathetic.

krutznikov
2012-06-11, 03:05
Hello, I finally yielded trying to install nitdroid again, using this installer NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-8.deb given a few messages before

AMMYT auto-installers
http://www.mediafire.com/?zhzu11sa3109hzz

I open the setting window just to have a look. Then I wanted to close, but the lock/unlock button didn't work. So I tried to click the power button. Nitdroid locked. To unlock it, I made mistake and I disabled the sound. Then system shutdown, and I can't boot it anymore, it reboot immediately after showing "nitdroid".

ok never mind, but the real problem is that it introduced kernel loops, when I try to boot nokia or CSSU kernels, the led lights orange, and it reboots. It boots after about 8 attempts usually. I think there is problem in multiboot configuration, how could I solve it?

Thanks a lot for your work anyway.

edit: after reinstalling, nitdroid boots but is crashing too often. CSSU kernel is still not booting everytime.

Hurrian
2012-06-11, 04:54
Linaro optimizes Android ICS performance with gcc 4.7 toolchain:
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4089218
http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/06/03/linaro-android-puts-stock-android-to-shame-on-ti-pandaboard-omap4430/comment-page-1/#comment-8549
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/B%2BOGg6HGeXINjUAw7F8j%2FQ
In light of this, and other improvements upon Android, I've moved the N900 device configuration to Cyanogenmod.

Sources here (https://github.com/hurrian/android_device_nokia_n900), it should be easy enough to build for someone with experience building Android.

Note that I've updated the config from NITDroid to better adapt to CyanogenMod 9 standards - inline kernel building being the main one.

Note that I haven't tested booting it yet after adding SGX support. It probably works now though. Doing a build to test it (it should f***ing work now)

Nihanthk
2012-06-11, 10:52
Would you be kind enough to tell where I can get this latest? Wherever I go the NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-8.deb is available as latest. I don't see any beta. Is it the case that the last stable version is not really reliable and one's best choice is the latest beta?

Easy to see the reason for the migration away from magnificent machines towards mainstream devices and widely used OS. Shame!

All the money lost in Nokia stock since 2007 aside, clinging to N900 and not having any support to install applications is just pathetic.

http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=25697&d=1333559853

dharmelorlar
2012-06-11, 16:05
hello please. i installed the nitdroid n12 umay to my nokia n900. if i try to run it, it works for some minutes and later switch off on its own. what can i do?

AWasisto
2012-06-11, 16:26
hello please. i installed the nitdroid n12 umay to my nokia n900. if i try to run it, it works for some minutes and later switch off on its own. what can i do?

Ah .. Ahaha .. Me too! But It happens sometimes. Try to avoid the screen sleeps.

vakkov
2012-06-11, 16:34
I compiled cm7 several months ago but I didn't have time to debug. Now my n900's usb is broken :( Note that you should change the links to busybox to /system/bin/sh and as I remember CM busybox didn't have ubiattach. If somebody is compiling write about that so I can help somehow :D

vetsin
2012-06-11, 16:47
I compiled cm7 several months ago but I didn't have time to debug. Now my n900's usb is broken :(

Oh no!!! I have been watching your progress at http://forum.nitdroid.com/ and now this! Maybe you can send your N900 to Estel (Poland) or dr_frost_dk (Denmark) so they can fix it. :)

samipower
2012-06-12, 09:57
I compiled cm7 several months ago but I didn't have time to debug. Now my n900's usb is broken :( Note that you should change the links to busybox to /system/bin/sh and as I remember CM busybox didn't have ubiattach. If somebody is compiling write about that so I can help somehow :D

I think that you can solder the USB connector again

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-13, 18:53
n900 ics acceleration u-boot
check this link for the video : http://youtu.be/a3AKs_2IEBY
visit forum for more news : http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=445.0

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-13, 19:37
n900 ics acceleration u-boot
check this link for the video : http://youtu.be/a3AKs_2IEBY
visit forum for more news : http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=445.0

vakkov
2012-06-13, 19:40
http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=445.msg3698
Thanks to Ti for their libs and sanjeev.a.rangaswamy

B-RUNO
2012-06-13, 20:11
Thanks Vakkov looking forward to get hands in or work!!!:cool:

funkmunk
2012-06-13, 20:18

That's looks really smooth...

Hopefully this should make the ICS port to the N900 faster

However it would be better (a personal opinion) to make the ICS port with these updated graphic drivers available to the N900 via the U-Boot method as that seems to be a lot more stable once installed as compared to Multiboot....

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-13, 20:25
That's looks really smooth...

Hopefully this should make the ICS port to the N900 faster

However it would be better (a personal opinion) to make the ICS port with these updated graphic drivers available to the N900 via the U-Boot method as that seems to be a lot more stable once installed as compared to Multiboot....
yep its far more stable also restarts lesser in u-boot

funkmunk
2012-06-13, 20:55
yep its far more stable also restarts lesser in u-boot

Are u working on the ICS port for the N900??

Also is backupmenu compatible with U-Boot since that seems to be the best backup option for us N900 users just in case things go bad.

ammyt
2012-06-13, 21:42
I am back folks! After about 3 months of activity!
I finished all of my exams, and am so excited about finally kicking off with a new NITDroid U-boot based release! I will officially start working on it this week, after some bit of travelling :D

taixzo
2012-06-13, 22:05

Can't wait for a download!

stryker9
2012-06-13, 22:10
I am back folks! After about 3 months of activity!

- Aw man..! How i've waited for you to snap back here..! :D

I finished all of my exams, and am so excited about finally kicking off with a new NITDroid U-boot based release! I will officially start working on it this week, after some bit of travelling :D

- ..i still have to stay at Lab work, but dunnt'matter - you're the one doing all the hard work. Please, uBoot, now..! :p
Happy summertime..!

ammyt
2012-06-13, 22:14
O.O
ICS GOT GPU ACCELERATED?
WOW! I feel like I have been sleeping under a rock :P

damnshock
2012-06-14, 09:10
O.O
ICS GOT GPU ACCELERATED?

Now we only need phone calls working ;) (I'm not trying to force anyone, you coders "play" with whatever you want! :) )

I'm planning on trying this accelerated ICS this weekend and install it to MMC. Hopefully I'll be able to use my N900 again :cool:

Regards

pablocrossa
2012-06-14, 12:03
I have heard some apps work on NITdroid using the microphone (I seem to recall Skype was one). Does anyone know an app that works with the microphone in NITdroid AND is open-source?? Mainly to study how it calls the microphone as opposed to Ofono which, as far as I am aware, uses the broken HAL. Thank you :)

funkmunk
2012-06-14, 12:10
O.O
ICS GOT GPU ACCELERATED?

Great to see u back ammyt...

Just waiting to see ur ICS port with U-boot & backupmenu.... :)

vakkov
2012-06-14, 13:14
O.O
ICS GOT GPU ACCELERATED?

you were :P ... btw do you have anything in mind if you port the installer for u-boot (i think about the noob people :D). Write to me if the answer is yes :) Now It's my turn to finish the studies :D

PartyboyXP
2012-06-14, 13:36
you were :P ... btw do you have anything in mind if you port the installer for u-boot (i think about the noob people :D). Write to me if the answer is yes :) Now It's my turn to finish the studies :D

Yes please, we need the great ammyt with a new autoinstaller for ICS with u-boot and gpu accelerated

aditya_123412
2012-06-14, 15:19
Installation instructions for multiboot?

tetris11_
2012-06-16, 09:53
Install notes for those with a freshly wiped phone:

No, life doesn't hate you - you just forgot to check the dependencies.
1. Download nitdroid-installer on Page1 and save it on your phone
2. Add testing (http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing#How_to_activate_Extras-testing)and devel (http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel#How_to_activate_Extras-devel) repositories in HAM
3. install rootsh
4. install nitdroid dependencies (http://maemo.org/packages/package_instance/view/fremantle_extras-devel_free_armel/nitdroid-installer/0.2.6-3/) --> rootsh (>= 1.8), getbootstate (>= 1.0.39+0m5), multiboot (>= 0.2.10), multiboot-kernel-maemo (>= 0.3), wget, bzip2
By doing:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update; apt-get install getbootstate multiboot multiboot-kernel-maemo wget bzip2
5. Navigate to folder when nitdroid-installer is stored, and install it
6. Run nitdroid-installer

And there you go, all 3 options at boot.

ammyt
2012-06-16, 12:11
I already have the project started, I already finished the pyQt design of the installer, yes a GUI this time, however, I'm on a week vacation now, so expect some kind of beta release in 2-3 weeks.

ammyt
2012-06-16, 12:12
I bought a Galaxy Nexus just yesterday, in an attempt of gathering a better understanding of the system as a whole.

adelalgomai
2012-06-16, 17:54
So .. when we can get calls working on nitdroid N900 ??
will this happen soon ??I mean in this year 2012 ??
or we have to wait until next year ??
I have another issue:
I get a message says that my device memory is full when I try to install new apps from the market .. I have some apps installed , but the memory of th e device appears more than 100 MB , and I transferred all installed apps to SDcard to free more space and also removed one or two apps that I have installed before , but I also get the same message and nothing can be installed from the market ... what can i DO WITH THIS??

Half-Life_4_Life
2012-06-17, 08:11
great,ammyt you're back!
i can't wait for voice calls in nitdroid.
and u-boot means that i can boot maemo,meego and nitdroid just like in multiboot? (except from meego)

and btw,i'm a newbie here but i have my N900 for 3 months,don't be tough on me :)

taixzo
2012-06-17, 14:03
great,ammyt you're back!
i can't wait for voice calls in nitdroid.
and u-boot means that i can boot maemo,meego and nitdroid just like in multiboot? (except from meego)

and btw,i'm a newbie here but i have my N900 for 3 months,don't be tough on me :)

You're not booting "from meego", you're just booting without reflashing the phone, which means less wear and less chance for a bad kernel to brick your device.

Half-Life_4_Life
2012-06-18, 07:28
You're not booting "from meego", you're just booting without reflashing the phone, which means less wear and less chance for a bad kernel to brick your device.

Sorry taixzo,i meant that i can't boot meego on emmc,or can i?

ersanpermana
2012-06-18, 12:27
Waiting for new installer project mr.ammyt :cool:

panjgoori
2012-06-18, 12:52
ammyt. What about your own Nitroid build which your were going to announce after your exams ? Is its ready and can we have a changelog. Thanks.

melisa queen
2012-06-19, 09:18
Installing Android SDK Manager and installing SuperSU in ICS (http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=455.0)

hussy.plus
2012-06-19, 11:49
Hello i want to know what does work in ICS and what doesn't?
What are the advantacges of ICS over nitdroid 2.3.4 or 2.3.7?

ammyt
2012-06-19, 12:23
I now have a properly uboot-able NITDroid ICS build using a custom boot.src on a new 2GB ext3 partition, but I just noticed something, what is it with the SDcard not mounting in NITDroid? I tried with both 2.3.7 and N14 :/

EDIT: With SDcard in NITDroid, I meant /home/user/MyDocs, why isn't it mounting as the SDcard in NITDroid? Was there any changes that I am not aware of?

ivgalvez
2012-06-19, 12:55
Nitdroid is becoming a bit messy with all those patches on top of patches.

Wouldn't it be better, at this point, to publish a "stable" official version with 2.3.7, Uboot capable and with working camera?

ammyt
2012-06-19, 13:00
Nitdroid is becoming a bit messy with all those patches on top of patches.

Wouldn't it be better, at this point, to publish a "stable" official version with 2.3.7, Uboot capable and with working camera?

This is exactly what I'm doing.

immi.shk
2012-06-19, 13:08

@ammyt, please add a Nitdroid Reset icon along with Nitdroid Installer & Nitdroid UN-ins in maemo... :)

hussy.plus
2012-06-19, 13:38
Ammyt you mean you're still working on 2.3.7 ?? Yayyy!! I'm happy :) when would this project will be ended and published ?Could you give me anyhope please :(

end2begin
2012-06-19, 13:49
@ ammyt Then that is great :).

ivgalvez
2012-06-19, 13:54
Ammyt, I owe you a beer!

vakkov
2012-06-19, 15:37
A QUICK STATUS:
As i know there is a problem with MyDocs in ICS only and the solution is not published. Please dont use boot.scr but bootmenu by Pali. Dont use my second kernel (ext4 support) - it has some problem with fat partitions. As soon as I get my n900 repaired i will post a "stable" ICS. Cm9 compiled but causing the same problems as cm7 :D

skykooler
2012-06-19, 15:37
Ammyt, is the version of ICS you're working on the GPU-accelerated version?

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-19, 19:48
A QUICK STATUS:
As i know there is a problem with MyDocs in ICS only and the solution is not published. Please dont use boot.scr but bootmenu by Pali. Dont use my second kernel (ext4 support) - it has some problem with fat partitions. As soon as I get my n900 repaired i will post a "stable" ICS. Cm9 compiled but causing the same problems as cm7 :D
:D:D:D i know wat a pain the problem is :D

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-19, 19:49
I now have a properly uboot-able NITDroid ICS build using a custom boot.src on a new 2GB ext3 partition, but I just noticed something, what is it with the SDcard not mounting in NITDroid? I tried with both 2.3.7 and N14 :/

EDIT: With SDcard in NITDroid, I meant /home/user/MyDocs, why isn't it mounting as the SDcard in NITDroid? Was there any changes that I am not aware of?
welll i discovered a method of mounting the memory card..once its mounted even after restarts it auto mounts :D

panjgoori
2012-06-20, 04:47
welll i discovered a method of mounting the memory card..once its mounted even after restarts it auto mounts :D

nice progress being made with ICS.:D:D:D

aditya_123412
2012-06-20, 06:36
After seeing the video of GPU accelerated ICS on N900,I cant wait to get it on my phone and show it off to all my buddies with ICS phones.

THE N900 STILL RULES \m/,

ammyt
2012-06-20, 06:47

You wouldn't mind sharing that would you? :p

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-20, 07:50
You wouldn't mind sharing that would you? :p

well no but i want to check once more so until check this video out...
: http://youtu.be/RHIwNk9mwPw :D

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-20, 08:00
ammyt i heard you re releasing an ics build .. what all patches does ur build consist of and when re u planning to release it..??

melisa queen
2012-06-20, 08:06
@ammyt
If I remember correctly, when you delete the sdcard (Broken Symlink) in the /and directory the MyDocs mounted correctly in NITdroid ICS ;)

hussy.plus
2012-06-20, 09:27
After seeing the video of GPU accelerated ICS on N900,I cant wait to get it on my phone and show it off to all my buddies with ICS phones.

THE N900 STILL RULES \m/,

I can't find GPU accelerated ICS video :s could you help me?

BTW I'm planning to change my phone ,I got kinda bored from it! Since I'm waiting for ICS ! I'm hoping that it would be great to have it! Now tell me is ICS realeasing near in future? or I shall change my phone now :S kinda confused

hottex
2012-06-20, 09:38
If you want a cheap and powerful ICS phone, you'd be probably better of buying a used LG P990 with CM9.

I'm not sure if ICS on N900 will ever become what you seem to expect, even IF ammyt makes things possible that wheren't in the last 2 years...

hussy.plus
2012-06-20, 09:57
I've faith in him :p maybe he'll make these things possible which didn't happen in past two years :p Please gimme hope :D Coz I kinda love maemo ! Its different :p But i dunno why

ammyt
2012-06-20, 13:37
What is the workaround of getting the SDcard mounted in NITDroid then?

skip0pot2mus
2012-06-20, 13:37
I've faith in him :p maybe he'll make these things possible which didn't happen in past two years :p Please gimme hope :D Coz I kinda love maemo ! Its different :p But i dunno why

You love Maemo, but you want Android?

huh?

aditya_123412
2012-06-20, 14:43
I can't find GPU accelerated ICS video :s could you help me?

BTW I'm planning to change my phone ,I got kinda bored from it! Since I'm waiting for ICS ! I'm hoping that it would be great to have it! Now tell me is ICS realeasing near in future? or I shall change my phone now :S kinda confused

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3AKs_2IEBY&feature=related

hussy.plus
2012-06-21, 10:26
lol, Memo is awesome actually! But it lacks somewhere! Like i use nitdroid for emails :) and games :p Memo hasn't great email service!

AWasisto
2012-06-21, 12:39
lol, Memo is awesome actually! But it lacks somewhere! Like i use nitdroid for emails :) and games :p Memo hasn't great email service!

What did you say??!! I have 3 email addresses pushed perfectly to my N900 via Nokia Messaging.

ammyt
2012-06-21, 12:55
Okay, I made some progress with the issue I guess :/
Installing NITDroid on a new extended ext3 formatted mmcblk0p5 partition stops the SDCard from being mounted in NITDroid, but installing it in /home, mmcbkl0p2 works perfectly. This problem happens in the 2.3.7 and ICS build.
Any light?
I'll try again to build the latest Gingerbread release from scratch and install it, let's see what happens.

ersanpermana
2012-06-22, 01:35
Okay, I made some progress with the issue I guess :/
Installing NITDroid on a new extended ext3 formatted mmcblk0p5 partition stops the SDCard from being mounted in NITDroid, but installing it in /home, mmcbkl0p2 works perfectly. This problem happens in the 2.3.7 and ICS build.
Any light?
I'll try again to build the latest Gingerbread release from scratch and install it, let's see what happens.

Waw I wait prof.ammyt :)

Firminator
2012-06-22, 08:20
My NITDROID won't run properly unless pluged into power

AWasisto
2012-06-22, 13:27

Won't run properly? Could you explain the problem?

tullamulla
2012-06-22, 15:40

@AWasisto: I think it has to do with the electrics.

Firminator
2012-06-23, 05:16
Won't run properly? Could you explain the problem?

as in, nitdroid reads my fully charged battery as empty and switches itself off shortly after boot. but when plugged into power it works fine.

AWasisto
2012-06-23, 07:59
as in, nitdroid reads my fully charged battery as empty and switches itself off shortly after boot. but when plugged into power it works fine.

Charge your phone when you're on NITDroid until 100%. It won't happen again. :)

Firminator
2012-06-23, 08:23
Charge your phone when you're on NITDroid until 100%. It won't happen again. :)

ok, but the battery level doesnt seem to be moving

scoobydoo
2012-06-23, 09:09
ok, but the battery level doesnt seem to be moving

you should notice that after a short while maybe 10-15 minutes it will show full battery then you can disconnect from power supply.

Firminator
2012-06-23, 11:02
20 min, 8% charge. Hmm. I'll leave it for the night see how things go.

AWasisto
2012-06-23, 11:36
20 min, 8% charge. Hmm. I'll leave it for the night see how things go.

Solution:
Boot NITDroid > Power off (without switching to Maemo) > Charge until 100% > Unplug charger > Boot NITDroid again

rmarcus
2012-06-23, 11:55
Solution:
Boot NITDroid > Power off (without switching to Maemo) > Charge until 100% > Unplug charger > Boot NITDroid again

My USB port is broken...and I"ve been having the same problem.

scoobydoo
2012-06-23, 12:20
My USB port is broken...and I"ve been having the same problem.

sorry but i believe until bme is sorted you may be out of luck.
my last n900's usb port came off so had to use eternal charger and was unable to use nitdroid properly.
although there may be a fix i am unaware of.

please correct me if i'm wrong

Firminator
2012-06-23, 12:23
So what's the theory behind this issue ?

I usually charge the battery directly through a nokia battery charger (I carry 3 spare batteries)

scoobydoo
2012-06-23, 12:36
i think nitdroid needs to register some charge going to the battery for battery level to be detected so charging needs to be done on device with nitdroid running.
other members of this forum can probably give a more detailed answer than mine and may even correct me but i believe this is the basic reason.

Firminator
2012-06-23, 12:45
So it should continue to work fine even if I talk the battery out and swap a different one in ?

========

Edit : Works fine with a different battery .

Maybe this solution should be added to the F.A.Q for Nitdroid.

zozeta2
2012-06-23, 13:58
some one help me fix n900 flashing problem .

cmt-programming failed and no serial number on my mobile

AWasisto
2012-06-23, 17:01
sorry but i believe until bme is sorted you may be out of luck.
my last n900's usb port came off so had to use eternal charger and was unable to use nitdroid properly.
although there may be a fix i am unaware of.

please correct me if i'm wrong

I think so...

So it should continue to work fine even if I talk the battery out and swap a different one in ?

========

Edit : Works fine with a different battery .

Maybe this solution should be added to the F.A.Q for Nitdroid.

If you swap an empty battery with the charged one, it will be shown as empty on NITDroid.

Try --cmt-no-verify parameter.

Half-Life_4_Life
2012-06-24, 10:14
I have a broken USB port too.I just put the usb port on the charger and charge without problems in Maemo as same as in Nitdroid.:)

zozeta2
2012-06-27, 13:25
AWasisto

zozeta2 View Post

Try --cmt-no-verify parameter

USB device found found at bus 002, device address 002.
Found device RX-51, hardware revision 2204
NOLO version 1.4.14
Version of 'sw-release': RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1.002_PR_002
Sending xloader image (14 kB)...
100% (14 of 14 kB, avg. 805 kB/s)
Sending secondary image (106 kB)...
100% (106 of 106 kB, avg. 980 kB/s)
Flashing bootloader... done.
Sending cmt-2nd image (79 kB)...
100% (79 of 79 kB, avg. 969 kB/s)
Sending cmt-algo image (507 kB)...
100% (507 of 507 kB, avg. 993 kB/s)
Sending cmt-mcusw image (5826 kB)...
100% (5826 of 5826 kB, avg. 998 kB/s)
Flashing cmt-mcusw... Sending request 0x50 failed!

Bootloader error log follows:
ERROR: Invalid argument for 'cmt'
ERROR: Error processing request, stalling
ERROR: EP0 STALL sent
ERROR: Error reading spare of block 796, page 0
ERROR: CMT timed out erasing block at 0x00001000
ERROR: CMT: Handling events failed
ERROR: CMT timed out erasing block at 0x00001000
ERROR: CMT timed out erasing block at 0x00200000
ERROR: Invalid response to INFO_REQ: 00000000
ERROR: Premature end of control transfer

error bootloader sometime but almost failes , whats the problem with cmt-programming the failes part ?

aditya_123412
2012-06-27, 18:04
Ask it in the appropriate forums

Mohammed Muid
2012-06-28, 06:59
is there any way to increase the available ram in nitdroid? i only have 90mb free

immi.shk
2012-06-28, 08:53
is there any way to increase the available ram in nitdroid? i only have 90mb free

90 mb is good amount of ram even to run Asphalt HD

still

remove unuseful widgets will get you 3mb each widget

use default keyboard will get you 10mb more

aditya_123412
2012-06-28, 15:28
Hey,when are the new ICS tars gonna be uploaded?
The ones with the HW acceleration enabled?

vakkov
2012-06-28, 16:19
the HW acceleration is not ready, it needs some kernel tweaks, but I get errors that I'm solving now ... however it installs ok with crevetor's 2.6.35 kernel ... maybe we will update to a new kernel. Stop asking for ETAs .. when it's ready it will be posted. Also my n900 is being fixed now, let's hope it will survive..

aditya_123412
2012-06-29, 07:12
Sorry!Couldnt control my excitement!
I'm really eager to see the new stuff.....

aditya_123412
2012-06-29, 09:39
Slightly off topic,but interesting read:
http://www.gsmarena.com/android_4_1_jelly_bean_preview-review-779.php

AndyYan
2012-06-29, 09:53

Root. Install Autostarts. Ban unnecessary auto-running items. Reboot.
Willing to do more and sacrifice something then customize the system apps. Remove all Google Framework thingy and other useless apps with WinSCP or whatever. Reboot to Android.
Mostly with the two tricks I got myself ~135M when idle and sometimes up to 149M.

obhishap
2012-06-29, 10:06
At last after crossing many ups and downs, My plane finally landed on Nitdroid airport. I flashed my eMMC with custom 8giga kernel and install Nitdroid on the eMMC by auto installer. For the first time it did not work then I gave it a second try and its working now. Thanks to all the contributor of the great works. I am really honored to be a part of this family. Thanks

samipower
2012-06-29, 11:16
Reinstalling the nitdroid kernel rc7-7 into maemo when battery is full , 0 problems in nitdroid with battery.

vakkov
2012-06-29, 12:28
Btw, Cyanogenmod 9 4.0.4 was successfully booted by sanjeev and he reported that it is fast and stable although without special graphic acceleration. It also needs tweaking - more when i get my n900 back.

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-29, 15:18
we have been able to boot up cm9 running on 4.0.4 successfully ...
well we are able to run many 3d apps without hwa also..
so well as soon as he finishes tweaking it u might expect a surprise :D

Brodyga
2012-06-29, 15:24

Voice call? :)

panjgoori
2012-06-29, 16:10

Its nice. well when you people are planning to release that update ?

aditya_123412
2012-06-30, 09:59
Running 3D apps without HWA would slow it down,wouldnt it?

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-30, 18:09
Its nice. well when you people are planning to release that update ?
No eta's we ll release it when we feel its completely stable.. :D

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-30, 19:35
TEAM Energy proudly presents CM 9(00) [WIP][U-Boot]

http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=475.msg3935#msg3935

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 19:39
TEAM Energy proudly presents CM 9(00) [WIP][U-Boot]

http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=475.msg3935#msg3935

So you edited bootanimation, and build.prop, and you call it CM9? Smooth.

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-30, 20:06
well if that was the case i wouldn be postin it here.. although i did expect some one to comment like dis but so soon was a surprise :D
and in case u find it fake den wait for its official release

ammyt
2012-06-30, 20:37
well if that was the case i wouldn be postin it here.. although i did expect some one to comment like dis but so soon was a surprise :D
and in case u find it fake den wait for its official release

Just like the case with your Sdcard fix right? Or should we not talk about that? :D
I already have like 3 posts about that, shall I bow and beg? It's the last thing I can do. When are you revealing the secrets?

ammyt
2012-06-30, 20:38

Why..?
Why so hating man?

ammyt
2012-06-30, 20:41

Switching to CM9 as a base is the wisest option I can see.

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-30, 20:44
ammyt :D lol on the sd-card issue will let u know everything asap and i guess u should know abt the sd-card fix ;D

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 20:54
Why..?
Why so hating man?

Oh puhlease, for christ's sake, don't tell me ammyt is falling for it.
Watch his so-called NITDroid GPU Accelerated video, it is faker than my grandma's boobs.

I have my own justifications for my stance, whether anyone would like it or not, but I can tell you that I am certain that he is just a kid wanting some fake recognition and praise.

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-30, 20:57
Oh puhlease, for christ's sake, don't tell me ammyt is falling for it.
Watch his so-called NITDroid GPU Accelerated video, it is faker than my grandma's boobs.

I have my own justifications for my stance, whether anyone would like it or not, but I can tell you that I am certain that he is just a kid wanting some fake recognition and praise.
hahahaaha
immature

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 21:00
hahahaaha
immature

You wouldn't mind showing recent app thumbnails in one of your videos right? I bet you a dozen of beers that it won't show $hit.

On the other hand, you might not be a fraud, but a person who thinks of himself as a kernel developer, and believe me, if you did actually reach a point where you think you actually did something, then you're an idiot, as simple as that.

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 21:10
go f*** urself dude i don have to prove s*** to u ..
and to end the conversation when we release it go eat ur own words :D

This is the reply I wanted. Now I am sure that my hypothesis is correct, I tried the so-called NITDroid ICS GPU Libs you know, I wasn't talking out of no experience.

I'm outta here folks, ammyt, beware.
Oh, and have fun dreaming about a world full of unicorns, rainbows, and pink cotton candy.

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 21:13
Just like the case with your Sdcard fix right? Or should we not talk about that? :D

He installed it on mmcblk0p2, and claimed he had a fix, simple enough?

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 21:17
dude u gay?? unicorns rainbows and cotton candy ??? :D :D

You can't even interpret English sentences and call yourself a kernel developer. Again, smooth.

Unicorns, rainbows and pink cotton candy were just about as fake as your work accelerating NITDroid.

XeonDead
2012-06-30, 21:19
You can't even interpret English sentences and call yourself a kernel developer. Again, smooth.

Unicorns, rainbows and pink cotton candy were just about as fake as your work accelerating NITDroid.

Stop that. They're working on something for all of us, while you're saying their work is fake. You're douchebag.

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 21:23
Stop that. They're working on something for all of us, while you're saying their work is fake. You're douchebag.

Possibly because I have a bit more common-sense than thinking that this (http://youtu.be/a3AKs_2IEBY) is a GPU Accelerated build.

Show me a the list of recent apps, hard-press the camera button (perhaps you yet don't know that), or open a new tab in the web browser, play an effin' 320x240 res video, if you claim your arguments true.

Oh an BTW, CM9? I bet it's just like what I said, you have 2 vids showing the boot animation, and build.prop contents as the "About" screen. Smooth.

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-30, 21:27
Possibly because I have a bit more common-sense than thinking that this (http://youtu.be/a3AKs_2IEBY) is a GPU Accelerated build.

Show me a the list of recent apps, hard-press the camera button (perhaps you yet don't know that), or open a new tab in the web browser, play an effin' 320x240 res video, if you claim your arguments true.

Oh an BTW, CM9? I bet it's just like what I said, you have 2 vids showing the boot animation, and build.prop contents as the "About" screen. Smooth.
u just dont give up do u see the video properly ul see that soft keys are enabled so i don need the hard press camera button

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 21:33
u just dont give up do u see the video properly ul see that soft keys are enabled so i don need the hard press camera button

Oh really? Seriously? WTF, you don't know your own crappy, recorded-with-a-potato uploads?

Well, YOU check it again, dummass. It was also pretty evident that you hit the back key (camera button) several times while blatantly scrolling through the menu like an ape who has just been handed a phone, as if it was accelerated, scrolling through the menu.

EDIT: Oh, and just so you may not know how to open links, http://youtu.be/a3AKs_2IEBY
I recommend consulting the nearest eye-care doctor ASAP.

sifo
2012-06-30, 21:41
someone please erase that spot !

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 21:41
@sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
To clear things up, please don't think that I am waiting for a "okay sorryz i no do acelereteion anitdroid android no gpu sorryz is me no cm9!!11!1" post or something, IDGAF if you admit it or not, I'm just stating my well-constructed hypothesis about the issue, for not lifting the spirits of the members on a fake advance, claimed by you.

Neither do I ask for the support of any member, but just beware of the fact that what is going on is utter crap.

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-30, 21:42
wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

immi.shk
2012-06-30, 21:52
my friend, if he wanted publicity, he would have started a new thread..

and we all know Nitdroid N900 progress is almost stale...
and you me we all want Nitdroids progression...

so if someone is doing something about it.. lets appreciate there effort.. .

we will all go HAKOONA MATATTA if it happens to be fake... ;)

but lets wait for a while.. and let them finish there job peacefully..:)

GODbless

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-30, 21:55
@sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
To clear things up, please don't think that I am waiting for a "okay sorryz i no do acelereteion anitdroid android no gpu sorryz is me no cm9!!11!1" post or something, IDGAF if you admit it or not, I'm just stating my well-constructed hypothesis about the issue, for not lifting the spirits of the members on a fake advance, claimed by you.

Neither do I ask for the support of any member, but just beware of the fact that what is going on is utter crap.
see for yourself and grow up

http://youtu.be/9Tkh4w0vbX0

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 22:06
see for yourself and grow up

http://youtu.be/9Tkh4w0vbX0

Really? Like, seriously?
How can I tell you the fact...
THIS IS NOT ACCELERATED.

Can't you get it? RECENT APPS THUMBNAILS ARE ALL IN BLACK, GAMES RUN ON CPU POWER LIKE $HIT, SOFTWARE-ENCODING DOES NOT WORK.

I told you I tried the libs.

XeonDead
2012-06-30, 22:09
Really? Like, seriously?
THIS IS NOT ACCELERATED.

Can't you get it? RECENT APPS THUMBNAILS ARE ALL IN BLACK, GAMES RUN ON CPU POWER LIKE $HIT, SOFTWARE-ENCODING DOES NOT WORK.

They have to do some kernel-tweaking for HWA, and they said, that it needs work, stop blaming them.

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 22:12
They have to do some kernel-tweaking for HWA, and they said, that it needs work, stop blaming them.

GOSH! I live in planet Idiot!

There isn't a single sign of acceleration going on! Their NITDroid is just like yours! HE is the furthest thing from having HWA NITDroid! Tweaking? Reverse-engineering, you might say.

THERE IS NO HWA IN THAT VIDEO, NEITHER IT WAS REACHED.
Which is why this supports my theory that CM9 is a fraud too. (Bootanimation, build.prop).

vakkov
2012-06-30, 22:12
Okay, it was funny to watch you 2 fighting :D Now here is some light in the tunnel - about a month ago Texas Instrument/Imagination Technologies updated their ICS SGX DDK with libs for the sgx 530 rev 1.2.1 - https://gitorious.org/rowboat/hardware-ti-sgx/ This is our GPU. What sanjeev is using in the video are these libs BUT with the old omaplfb and pvrsrvrkm modules from gingerbread (so as I said it's still not ready although he reports that some games are playable). WHY? Because when I try compiling them (the modules) from the DDK i get errors which i DON'T have time to investigate and fix - http://pastebin.com/Ug4uw7ZV And this problem is for the 2.6.28.NIT kernel only - some of you may know that Crevetor has worked on a 2.6.35 nitdroid kernel before - http://youtu.be/Pl8F5sJaGDc And it seems that the DDK doesn't have problems with it - http://pastebin.com/dU7HTKWA and installs perfectly. Here is the place to note that I haven't tested the kernel yet because my n900's usb is broken for more than a month. If somebody wants to try this - https://gitorious.org/nitdroid-2-6-35-kernel/nitdroid-2-6-35-kernel Compile, install ddk-1.8 and try :)

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-30, 22:13
Really? Like, seriously?
THIS IS NOT ACCELERATED.

Now where did i ever say it was accelerated this is just cm 9 if u cant understand something sooo simple u asked for the task man i showed u .. u asked for tab browsin now get it straight... ufff i m bored of arguin wid u .. u don talk sense at all...

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-06-30, 22:15
vakkov u could ve done this long back :p :D

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 22:19
Now where did i ever say it was accelerated this is just cm 9 if u cant understand something sooo simple u asked for the task man i showed u .. u asked for tab browsin now get it straight... ufff i m bored of arguin wid u .. u don talk sense at all...

Don't even attempt to try to outsmart me, you posted this vid as a response to my claim that NITDroid HWA is not yet achieved. Plus, your video description, "Finally ics has got accelerated :D" means what I think it does, unless you've hided some subliminal message in it using whabadidoo-unicornpower coding.

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 22:20
Okay, it was funny to watch you 2 fighting :D Now here is some light in the tunnel - about a month ago Texas Instrument/Imagination Technologies updated their ICS SGX DDK with libs for the sgx 530 rev 1.2.1 - https://gitorious.org/rowboat/hardware-ti-sgx/ This is our GPU. What sanjeev is using in the video are these libs BUT with the old omaplfb and pvrsrvrkm modules from gingerbread (so as I said it's still not ready although he reports that some games are playable). WHY? Because when I try compiling them (the modules) from the DDK i get errors which i DON'T have time to investigate and fix - http://pastebin.com/Ug4uw7ZV And this problem is for the 2.6.28.NIT kernel only - some of you may know that Crevetor has worked on a 2.6.35 nitdroid kernel before - http://youtu.be/Pl8F5sJaGDc And it seems that the DDK doesn't have problems with it - http://pastebin.com/dU7HTKWA and installs perfectly. Here is the place to note that I haven't tested the kernel yet because my n900's usb is broken for more than a month. If somebody wants to try this - https://gitorious.org/nitdroid-2-6-35-kernel/nitdroid-2-6-35-kernel Compile, install ddk-1.8 and try :)

There is a difference between this, and "Finally ics has got accelerated [:D]".

You shouldn't have let an ape mess with your projects.

Dousan
2012-06-30, 22:38
@Gigabyte tone down your language please.

Name calling won't make your statements more true, just condencending.

Keep it civil guys.

Regards Dousan...

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 22:45
@Gigabyte tone down your language please.

Name calling won't make your statements more true, just condencending.

Keep it civil guys.

Regards Dousan...

I never wanted to condescend until I saw that.

go f*** urself dude i don have to prove s*** to u ..
and to end the conversation when we release it go eat ur own words :D
Then, I knew the kind of person I'm dealing with. I bet I insulted apes after calling them sanjeev.a.rangaswamies, sorry, to every monkey I have met.

GigaByte
2012-06-30, 23:10

How evasive, did I ask for tabbed browsing? Told you you have some eye problems.

RECENT APPS THUMBNAILS ARE ALL IN BLACK, GAMES RUN ON CPU POWER LIKE $HIT, SOFTWARE-ENCODING DOES NOT WORK.

vetsin
2012-07-01, 01:49
@GigaByte
looks like you know a thing or two about NITDroid development. :) maybe you'd like to join their TEAM? i hope your differences can still be settled. thanks!

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-07-01, 03:41

Nihanthk
2012-07-01, 15:13
Hey Guyz,,

The CM9(00) [WIP] stated by Sanjeev Is totally diff from the n14 experimental version so even if he said before that nitdroid got accelerated , he was mentioning tar balls or the n14 version,,

CM9 is totally different and isn't based on n14 at all...

Read the post correctly to understand the developments:

TEAM Energy proudly presents CM 9(00) [WIP][U-Boot] (http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=475.0)

imo
2012-07-01, 16:38
off topic :@ vestin thanks finally some body poked in and acted as a buffer to stable the gigabyte acidic excoriations .
on topic : Well since i see 2.3.4 is pretty and stable ,may i request for camera modules to be ported to on 2.3.4 version ? And voice calling is another issue where mostly people will be concerned .
though will be waiting for something new in nitdroid.I wonder if e-yes still working on N900 nitdroid.N9 geeks got him away i suppose .Ammyt other than sanjeev and vakkov ,we are counting on you too.man you are finally off the hook ( i mean exams are finished eh ) .

zozeta2
2012-07-01, 16:43
Cortex A8, CodeSourcery

embOS for Cortex A8 was developed for and with CodeSourcery compiler and supports all memory models offered by these compilers. It comes with easy to use start projects for CodeSourcery* Codebench IDE. Initilization code for different Cortex A8 starter boards is included.

Resources and performance data

Memory usage
Kernel size (ROM) approx. 1700 bytes
Kernel RAM usage 51 bytes
RAM usage per task control block 32 bytes
RAM usage per resource semaphore 8 bytes
RAM usage per counting semaphore 2 bytes
RAM usage per mailbox 20 bytes
RAM usage per software timer 20 bytes
RAM usage event 0 bytes
Min. stack-size per task (RAM) 72 bytes
Timing
Context switch time TBD
Interrupt latency time zero
Kernel CPU usage/TICK less than .2% of total calculation time at 1000 Interrupts/second (1ms TICK)
Basic time unit (TICK) typ. 1 ms, min. 20 µs (50 kHz interrupt frequency)
Features
Max. no. of tasks Unlimited (by available RAM only)
Max. no. of mailboxes unlimited (by available RAM only)
Max. no. of semaphores (resource/binary/counting) unlimited (by available RAM only)
Max. no. of software timers unlimited (by available RAM only)
Max. no. of priorities 64
Stack size idle task (RAM) 0(no memory needed)
Nested interrupts permitted
Task switches from within ISR possible
Absolute values given above were measured with embOS release build on an TI OMAP3503 CPU running at 600MHz

Shared from google http://www.segger.com/cortex-a8--codesourcery.html

aditya_123412
2012-07-01, 17:02

I am not familiar to linux,so I feel silly asking this,but,how do i exactly download and install the Nitdroid kernel 2.6.35? (Plz dnt laugh at my ignorance)
Also,can anyone shed some more light on the CM9(00) issue please?

Nihanthk
2012-07-01, 17:15
I am not familiar to linux,so I feel silly asking this,but,how do i exactly download and install the Nitdroid kernel 2.6.35? (Plz dnt laugh at my ignorance)
Also,can anyone shed some more light on the CM9(00) issue please?

to install nitdroid 2.6.35 kernel first u have to compile the source files

and CM9 is the cyanogen mod9 ( ICS ) ( google it)...
its still under development and needs a lot of work to be done and as we stated if u want to know more details just goto this link
TEAM Energy proudly presents CM 9(00) [WIP][U-Boot] (http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=475.0)

ammyt
2012-07-01, 17:50
off topic :@ vestin thanks finally some body poked in and acted as a buffer to stable the gigabyte acidic excoriations .
on topic : Well since i see 2.3.4 is pretty and stable ,may i request for camera modules to be ported to on 2.3.4 version ? And voice calling is another issue where mostly people will be concerned .
though will be waiting for something new in nitdroid.I wonder if e-yes still working on N900 nitdroid.N9 geeks got him away i suppose .Ammyt other than sanjeev and vakkov ,we are counting on you too.man you are finally off the hook ( i mean exams are finished eh ) .

Who said I ain't working? I am polishing the latest installer(s), and a new PC-based installer is on the way (asked for by some people, helps reviving dead phones?)
NITDroid-Installer-0.2.9 will have three forms from now on:

NITDroid-Installer: On-device, installs the latest, stable build, along with all the latest safe patches, stays away from experimental branch of the repository. Still CLI based but with GUI tips and progress-bars.
Devel-NITDroid-Installer: On-device, a lot of features, installs whatever .tar.bz2 rootfs you link it too, patches optional, GUI.
NITDroid-Installer-Pro: Future, Ubuntu-based installer, used for repartitioning eMMC and installing NITDroid builds on a new mmcblk0p5 partition.

That's it for the new automated installation, I have a beta for the Devel-Installer, I'm taking all of my free time working on them since I am debugging them till the last bits of code.

I am also tweaking libaudio from the Nexus S to fix that annoying intermittent, screeching sound produced we have in 2.3.7

I'm still fiddling with the SDCard mount issue, I heard from the folks at XDA that it is an su sdcard permissions error, I tried chmod-ing the sdcard binary with all kinds of permissions without luck.

Last, I am looking for clockworkmod, we should have that utility, I am thinking of compiling a separate kernel for booting CWM exclusively, but I still have to dig into it and whether if it is even possible, and how/where does CWM exactly boot from.

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-07-01, 18:02
Who said I ain't working? I am polishing the latest installer(s), and a new PC-based installer is on the way (asked for by some people, helps reviving dead phones?)

NITDroid-Installer: On-device, installs the latest, stable build, along with all the latest safe patches, stays away from experimental branch of the repository. Still CLI based but with GUI tips and progress-bars.
Devel-NITDroid-Installer: On-device, a lot of features, installs whatever .tar.bz2 rootfs you link it too, patches optional, GUI.
NITDroid-Installer-Pro: Future, Ubuntu-based installer, used for repartitioning eMMC and installing NITDroid builds on a new mmcblk0p5 partition.

That's it for the new automated installation, I have a beta for the Devel-Installer, I'm taking all of my free time working on them since I am debugging them till the last bits of code.

I am also tweaking libaudio from the Nexus S to fix that annoying intermittent, screeching sound produced we have in 2.3.7

I'm still fiddling with the SDCard mount issue, I heard from the folks at XDA that it is an su sdcard permissions error, I tried chmod-ing the sdcard binary with all kinds of permissions without luck.

Last, I am looking for clockworkmod, we should have that utility, I am thinking of compiling a separate kernel for booting CWM exclusively, but I still have to dig into it and whether if it is even possible, and how/where does CWM exactly boot from.
how do u plan to implement clockwork mod?? :)

aditya_123412
2012-07-01, 18:04
to install nitdroid 2.6.35 kernel first u have to compile the source files

and CM9 is the cyanogen mod9 ( ICS ) ( google it)...
its still under development and needs a lot of work to be done and as we stated if u want to know more details just goto this link

How do I compile them?What do I need for that?
Can anyone compile them for me?
(Sorry,I am a windows user)

Dousan
2012-07-01, 18:07
CWM would be very handy if you mess up when trying out things ;)

Regards Dousan...

ammyt
2012-07-01, 18:08
how do u plan to implement clockwork mod?? :)

When there's a will, there's a way ;)

GigaByte
2012-07-01, 18:12

You are the reason I still have faith in this, even though Sanjeev still believes he has a HWA accelerated NITDroid.

It really strikes me, I don't see you receiving credit at all for you work, not even by mere words, and you have never requested a donation, RESPECT+.

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-07-01, 18:26
You are the reason I still have faith in this, even though Sanjeev still believes he has a HWA accelerated NITDroid.

It really strikes me, I don't see you receiving credit at all for you work, not even by mere words, and you have never requested a donation, RESPECT+.
look dude i don intend on any kind of conversation with u so don drag my name into dis ... if u feel u ve done better make a video of a 3d app running on n14 rather den tellin me all o dis if u cant den ill show u..

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-07-01, 18:42
When there's a will, there's a way ;)
ammyt this is just in theory its an idea i got using my hd2 its like the os and the recovery are on two different partitions so the reocvery has access to the os partition and is given file rights of the os partition so when necessary it can access the os partition and make the required changes cant we do the same here on the n900 just a thought though...

GigaByte
2012-07-01, 18:48
look dude i don intend on any kind of conversation with u so don drag my name into dis ... if u feel u ve done better make a video of a 3d app running on n14 rather den tellin me all o dis if u cant den ill show u..

How awesomely constructed English you've got there :')

Get an N900, install stock N14 over N12, get another one, install your supposedly-HWA-Libs, compare.

GigaByte
2012-07-01, 18:49

Tell me how much you even mention his name in your posts at forum.nitdroid.com, ammyt has been here since you weren't even born, kid.

ammyt
2012-07-01, 18:55
Tell me how much you even mention his name in your posts at forum.nitdroid.com, ammyt has been here since you weren't even born, kid.

Oi thank you for your support, but I ain't getting dragged into this :p

And I'm pretty self-content with my status and potential, it isn't the credit which drives me into doing what I love.

ammyt
2012-07-01, 18:58

Get an N900, install stock N14 over N12, get another one, install your supposedly-HWA-Libs, compare.

OKay, we get it man! Enough of that, once he gets the new kernel compiled and running, I'll make sure you'll be the first to test the truly HWA NITDroid, happy now? :p

GigaByte
2012-07-01, 19:00
OKay, we get it man! Enough of that, once he gets the new kernel compiled and running, I'll make sure you'll be the first to test the truly HWA NITDroid, happy now? :p

This probably means never, if he's gonna do it... but thank you.

Sandeep
2012-07-01, 19:09
I can understand both of yours frustrations. Because I too use an N900 !!

Please stop the argument here. Let's move on !!

panjgoori
2012-07-01, 19:23

let them do their work dude its enough now. they are just 2 peoples working to port a whole OS to another phone this will sure take time. its not a piece of a cake which you sat on sofa and ate it. Patience my friend is everything.

Let them first finish their work then we will see whether there is HW Acceleration or not. but first let them take their time to finish their work.

GigaByte
2012-07-01, 19:26
let them do their work dude its enough now. they are just 2 peoples working to port a whole OS to another phone this will sure take time. its not a piece of a cake which you sat on sofa and ate it. Patience my friend is everything.

Let them first finish their work then we will see whether there is HW Acceleration or not. but first let them take their time to finish their work.

F8uck this man.
Some people just don't understand $hit. I'm tired of talking, and yet another ape comes up.

2 peoples? 2? Two?

And, who said that I think that it is a piece of cake? I'm not just into announcing a thing that wasn't actually done. Clear?

panjgoori
2012-07-01, 19:31
F8uck this man.
Some people just don't understand $hit. I'm tired of talking, and yet another ape comes up.

2 peoples? 2? Two?

And, who said that I think that it is a piece of cake? I'm not just into announcing a thing that wasn't actually done. Clear?

then let them do their work. no one has any complaint except you. everyone is waiting for the stable build then you should also wait when they release it.

GigaByte
2012-07-01, 19:53
then let them do their work. no one has any complaint except you. everyone is waiting for the stable build then you should also wait when they release it.

Because everybody is so narrow-minded and out of logic, to actually think that it was HWA?

And no, they're not 2, you've got ammyt, blackjack4it, and e-yes.

imo
2012-07-01, 19:54

It is enough now.Stop being a whore,just get over it.Why tryna spoil this pretty thread here ? hey ! The proposal has already been made ,why dont you build one for yourself if you are so concerned eh?Sit tight and watch if they can do it.And if they cant,still they got the guts to test and compile nitdroid stuff for us for free .
The way you doing it here ,really it is a cheap way to get an attention.
@ammyt yay ! i mean yay ! We will wait for it .Good luck with all the stuff.

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-07-01, 19:56

pls instead of yapping so much y dont u run just a simple 3d app like fruit ninja on n14 and make a preview of it ... ok now i done talkin to u all u no is how to curse and i guess u ve no better job .. u just want to be noticed i understand ur problem .. it happens so i will not be bothered by ur childishness. .. :D

GigaByte
2012-07-01, 20:07
Now I am the one who wants attention? WTF?

Sanjeev, CPU-rendering solely is powerful enough to run a simple 3D game, Lane Splitter works (despite the accelerometer bug).

I told you before, don't outsmart. And what are you exactly arguing for? Vakkov himself came and alleged that HWA, without the new kernel, DOES NOT WORK. You thought it did, because you successfully ran a 3D game, my chinese tablet, and ARM11 with no GPU, runs Angry Birds, albeit laggy.

HWA is not achieved unless it is shown, e.g. thumbnails in the recent apps list, get it?

I am already compiling the new kernel from ezekeel's source on Gitorious, if anybody wants to try that, here is a very good guide which I ran through several times before: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1516051

ammyt
2012-07-01, 20:13
Sanjeev, CPU-rendering solely is powerful enough to run a simple 3D game, Lane Splitter works (despite the accelerometer bug).

I told you before, don't outsmart. And what are you exactly arguing for? Vakkov himself came and alleged that HWA, without the new kernel, DOES NOT WORK. You thought it did, because you successfully ran a 3D game, my chinese tablet, and ARM11 with no GPU, runs Angry Birds, albeit laggy.

HWA is not achieved unless it is shown, e.g. thumbnails in the recent apps list, get it?

Couldn't you simply write him the explanation from the beginning instead of shooting him in the ear? :p

I am already compiling the new kernel from ezekeel's source on Gitorious, if anybody wants to try that, here is a very good guide which I ran through several times before: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1516051

This is your first, cuss-free, productive, positive post in a while, congrats :')

GigaByte
2012-07-01, 20:24
Couldn't you simply write him the explanation from the beginning instead of shooting him in the ear? :p

This is your first, cuss-free, productive, positive post in a while, congrats :')

If you look closely, you can see a WTF? at the top :p

sanjeev.a.rangaswamy
2012-07-01, 20:52
If you look closely, you can see a WTF? at the top :p
well dude instead of arguing lets just do the best we can for the forum ..
:)

qole
2012-07-01, 21:02
I'm getting complaints. Any more complaints about the squabbling and I start nuking the insulting, argumentative posts from space.

ammyt
2012-07-01, 21:07
I'm getting complaints. Any more complaints about the squabbling and I start nuking the insulting, argumentative posts from space.

Hahaha, gotta love the "nuking" term :P

Anyway, I give up. Let the dead dogs figure out how to mount ./MyDocs as the SDCard in NITDroid, seriously, I worked like days with no result, what makes things harder, is that I don't know what logs shall I look-up. Just move on, move on...

XeonDead
2012-07-01, 21:16
Sdcard mounting is fine already. They just have to fix wifi and camera. :)

(stop thanking me for every post i make, it shames me)

samipower
2012-07-01, 23:49
*camera was solved partial .

swap not enable in this video.

-Random disconnection of wifi not solved