PDA

View Full Version : The Grand NITDroid Thread - NITDroid ICS Upgrade!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

pifpaf73
2011-03-26, 15:58
lol,
same Myriad’s Alien Dalvik any news.....

peterleinchen
2011-03-27, 00:10
Hello,

I've install gingerbread, and i'd like to know whether its possible to connect via wifi, i share my PC's connection, I can connect with Maemo, but in Android, I dont even detect the connection.

Help please, I want dload some apps.

AFAIR the android/nitdroid does not support ad-hoc networks, which is the kind of networking, when sharing PCs connection. Try connecting Your gadget directly to a WLAN router (infrastructure).

lucas777
2011-03-27, 14:01
Guys finally got 0.0.9 going fine, now one thing soon as i open web browser it goes to load then crashes? Is this known issue or is there a fix for it?

lanser
2011-03-27, 16:29
Installed Gingerbread real easy following your instructions, but have a couple of small issues, the virtual keyboard is tiny and unusable even with the stylus. And I have installed setcpu to overclock but it asks for superuser permissions and I'm going nuts trying to find out how to set it up

Parody
2011-03-27, 19:34
hey guys, how do I get rid of the custom launcher?

anapospastos
2011-03-27, 19:52
Installed Gingerbread real easy following your instructions, but have a couple of small issues, the virtual keyboard is tiny and unusable even with the stylus. And I have installed setcpu to overclock but it asks for superuser permissions and I'm going nuts trying to find out how to set it up

Just install the updates (http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1044.0).

Btw for all of you people, who asking some basic things about nitdroid wiki.nitdroid.com (http://wiki.nitdroid.com) exists for this reason.

Vasikaran
2011-03-27, 19:56
IMO, 0.0.9 is much faster and smoother than gingerbread...I tried Gingerbread but it not much smoother than 0.0.9. If you doubt, try it out ;)
I have a query here...installing Nitdroid in eMMC much faster than installing it in external memory card? Anyone tried this?

arora.rohan
2011-03-27, 19:59
we all did. ^ come to the dark side for a change. We have froyo with emmc toppings.

And yes. its faster!

Vasikaran
2011-03-27, 20:08
we all did. ^ come to the dark side for a change. We have froyo with emmc toppings.

And yes. its faster!

I didn't get this!! Sorry about that. You mean gingerbread is now faster than Nitdroid and also installing on eMMC is much faster than installing on a external memory card?

arora.rohan
2011-03-27, 20:39
:/ when did i said that..

NITDroid : Android ( gingerbread and Froyo )
Froyo = 0.0.9 > GingerBread
even in taste.
Installing on eMMC is faster than installing on SD card be it Froyo or Ginger bread

benohit
2011-03-27, 23:11
froyo is android 2.2,
gingerbread is android 2.3,
NitDroid is Android Port, no matter android version.

Thanks for your attention

Parody
2011-03-28, 05:28
Just install the updates (http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1044.0).

Btw for all of you people, who asking some basic things about nitdroid wiki.nitdroid.com (http://wiki.nitdroid.com) exists for this reason.

I can't find any info on replacing ADW.Launcher on the wiki, at least, no search results come up. I guess I'll check the forums later.

lucas777
2011-03-28, 05:44
Yep i too now am running Nitdroid 0.0.9 after much headache with Gingerbread, Flash 10.1 BETA is the only flash i can get going on 0.0.9 but thats fine, ive even overclocked it to 1100Mhz much faster, all round its very usable even without phone function doesnt bother me one bit rather no one contact me anyway. And 3G works for Data so all is well.

obhishap
2011-03-28, 09:59
Hi guys
I have successfully installed Gingerbread yesterday and logged in to Gingerbread aswell. After playing with Gingerbread for a while, I went back to Maemo. And now I cant boot to Gingerbread but Booting Maemo is ok. I had power kernel v46 installed before Gingerbread Installed. Any help guys.
Thanks.

Vasikaran
2011-03-28, 11:52
Hi guys
I have successfully installed Gingerbread yesterday and logged in to Gingerbread aswell. After playing with Gingerbread for a while, I went back to Maemo. And now I cant boot to Gingerbread but Booting Maemo is ok. I had power kernel v46 installed before Gingerbread Installed. Any help guys.
Thanks.

What is the exact problem you facing?

obhishap
2011-03-28, 12:34
hi Vasikaran and thanks for reply. When I swhich on n900 with hw kb open, I get the boot menu where both omap and nitdroid listed. I press 2 for gingerbread and the process starts and stuck at the line (no erase). Then screen goes black, then Nokia logo and then again the boot menu. I can boot Maemo with no prob but gingerbread is not loading for some unknown reason. Any help would be great. Thanks.

obhishap
2011-03-28, 13:11

Did I do something wrong ???

Vasikaran
2011-03-28, 13:17

Did I do something wrong ???

Did you installed Gingerbread in ext mem card?

obhishap
2011-03-28, 13:31
when i install Gingerbread, my 4gb memory card was in the n900 slot and i did not need to change the multiboot item_device as because it was already in that format.

izrzdor
2011-03-28, 13:40
Hey guys!can you gave us the download link for N11 RC3 please cause i wonn'a try it but i can't find it

raptoro07
2011-03-28, 16:27
cause it is not available to the public yet

markiie2010
2011-03-28, 20:30
could someone help my install fdisk on n900. really need it.

obhishap
2011-03-30, 06:07
flashed my n900 with maemo and now going to install gingerbread again but cant find any guide to install gingerbread on memory card. any idea guys ?

fatcobrah
2011-03-30, 18:29
GingerBread 2.3.3 RC3

HellFlyer
2011-03-30, 18:55
Oh snap gonna grab it before its taken down :p thanks bro

fatcobrah
2011-03-30, 19:05
Oh snap gonna grab it before its taken down :p thanks bro

hehhe u should ! :D :P

HellFlyer
2011-03-30, 19:22
did u installed it? what's new? does it supports calling?

sada11
2011-03-30, 19:30
Thanx to Mido.Fayad for this

fatcobrah
2011-03-30, 20:14
did u installed it? what's new? does it supports calling?

not yet
i think it doesn't support calling
ofono 0.45
reboot on (shift + fn + r + b)
root access
smart keyboard pro
ElectronBeam effect
WI-FI RSSI
fix sensor issue & add aggressive mode

PermanentX
2011-03-30, 20:54
I just installed it.
The difference I see is that it is "modded"(CyanogenMod boot video) and some pre-installed apps.

izrzdor
2011-03-30, 20:59
I just installed it.
The difference I see is that it is "modded"(CyanogenMod boot video) and some pre-installed apps.

That's all?,any speed boost,more stable,wat's working and what not?

PermanentX
2011-03-30, 21:12
That's all?,any speed boost,more stable,wat's working and what not?

it's faster than gingerbread 2.3.1
When I try to open the market it says market is not installed:confused:, but I use applanet and works great.

here is some more information:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71656

qole
2011-03-30, 21:22
I removed links to the software. Sorry guys. Against forum rules.

ammyt
2011-03-30, 21:34
I removed links to the software. Sorry guys. Against forum rules.

Bravo mod, bravo. I was going to be mad at him.

ammyt
2011-03-30, 21:43
it's faster than gingerbread 2.3.1
When I try to open the market it says market is not installed:confused:, but I use applanet and works great.

here is some more information:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71656

I hope you're not waitng for a response...

PermanentX
2011-03-30, 22:03
I hope you're not waitng for a response...

no:D.
I didn't know it was non-public, srry.
Can I stil use the new nitdroid? or should I remove it?

fatcobrah
2011-03-30, 22:07
no:D.
I didn't know it was non-public, srry.
Can I stil use the new nitdroid? or should I remove it?

just don't share it :)

sethstorm
2011-03-30, 23:13
Bravo mod, bravo. I was going to be mad at him.

Unfortunately the horse is out of the barn, despite the unwarranted removal.

Perhaps if it didn't take as long and there wasn't so much effort to keep it under wraps, there wouldn't have been such problems.

Farugah
2011-03-31, 01:02
So am I correct in assuming that to install now on the microSD you just dont change the leafpad boot thing? I used to have 0.0.8 installed but bought a new SD and want to install it again, however I do not want to install it on the emmc. Alternatively should I wait for v 11?

TMavica
2011-03-31, 09:44
I missed the new kernel 2.6.35...

TMavica
2011-03-31, 10:16
The electron beam is awsome!
wonder if it can work in maemo for unlocking and locking device!

Switch_
2011-03-31, 10:22
Unfortunately the horse is out of the barn, despite the unwarranted removal.

Perhaps if it didn't take as long and there wasn't so much effort to keep it under wraps, there wouldn't have been such problems.

Right, primarily I'm going to apologise for shouting but I am really sick of repeating myself time after time and helping people without the necessary tech skills to install / uninstall NITDroid without asking for help. I'll do it in red as well, to be eyecatching. And in Comic Sans, as per my mate @vi_, because its more likely to be understood.

THE WHOLE DAMN IDEA BEHIND KEEPING IT A CLOSED BETA IS TO STOP THE FLOOD OF GODDAMN NOOBISH "I CAN'T GET SO-AND-SO WORKING, HLP PLZZZZ!!!!1111! RIDICULOUS THREADS BEING STARTED!

Once e-yes is happy with the stability of the build he will release it properly, until then STFU.

ammyt
2011-03-31, 10:24
So am I correct in assuming that to install now on the microSD you just dont change the leafpad boot thing? I used to have 0.0.8 installed but bought a new SD and want to install it again, however I do not want to install it on the emmc. Alternatively should I wait for v 11?

Yes yes yes, you are good to go.

ammyt
2011-03-31, 10:25
The electron beam is awsome!
wonder if it can work in maemo for unlocking and locking device!

Are you provoking me (us)?

markiie2010
2011-03-31, 15:23
could some1 help my get 3g on my nitdroid gingerbread? im on o2 payandgo cheers

MTD
2011-03-31, 18:03
Hello :)

Can anybody help me, I am having some problems.
I've been using this tutorial http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#Applying_Gingerbread _updates Installing NITDroid 0.0.9 to EMMC
and im trying to install the 0.0.9 version.

When I get to:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install nitdroid-installer
y
y again if it asks again.

I press Y and then enter.
After that I get "Abort"

I dont know what the problem is and I've been serching but I cant seem to find any help.

And the root dir (MyDocs), is it just in the root dir on the N900?
Where all the folders are, dcim, .sounds, .documents etc etc?

**EDIT**
Got everything working now !
Instead of pressing "Y", I had to press "J" (Ja, in swedish).
So now everythings works very well!

Farugah
2011-04-01, 03:36
Yes yes yes, you are good to go.

Cool Android is working, how do i know which version i am running and whether its installed on MicroSD or EMMC?

Cheers

Joseph9560
2011-04-01, 09:39
Time to Celebrate with NITDroid 11 public version. Voice calls are partially working with fluctuating sound.
According to e-yes twitter.com/drunkdebugger, This is simply amazing. Check out nitdroid forum, some of users got voice over calls working partially while other aren't being able to get any thing out of it. Lets cheer up guys. Download it from downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes

Edit: It was just a April Fool Post. Only few people got trapped by the trick. :-)

benohit
2011-04-01, 10:29
According to e-yes twitter.com/drunkdebugger, This is simply amazing. Check out nitdroid forum, some of users got voice over calls working partially while other aren't being able to get any thing out of it. Lets cheer up guys. Download it from downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes

and thanks for having updated the automatic installer helping us install from git !

ha ha ha !

scoobydoo
2011-04-01, 10:33
cant see it for looking does the auto installer use 0.8 still or now 1.1 cheers for any advice

TMavica
2011-04-01, 10:59

cant be found

ikirk
2011-04-01, 11:01
Come on guys, you didnt fall for that one did you? Not today of all days... :rolleyes:

scoobydoo
2011-04-01, 11:05
just got out of bed with high hope's f****ng april fools never mind i am a patient man and matron's calling for meds

Switch_
2011-04-01, 11:07

LMFAO hahahaha! :D

Gotch'all!

Gill T
2011-04-01, 12:57
Can some on help me with install the Custom emmc that is displayd in this wiki http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#Installing_Nitdroid

i want to install this one below

8GB apps 21GB mydocs: http://www.mediafire.com/?5o1hkuuwhn8hh1c

Thanks Gill T

izrzdor
2011-04-01, 14:30
Can some on help me with install the Custom emmc that is displayd in this wiki http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#Installing_Nitdroid

Thanks Gill T

open flasher with root privilegias and type there:flasher-3.5.exe -F EMMC_By.MiDO.FaYad.8.giga.bin -f -R

Evil-Ninja
2011-04-02, 19:10
Are you provoking me (us)?

i hope u guys take it as a provocation coz it would be really great to have it on maemo also

1 + to port electron beam on maemo please
thanx in adv

Gill T
2011-04-04, 06:59
open flasher with root privilegias and type there:flasher-3.5.exe -F EMMC_By.MiDO.FaYad.8.giga.bin -f -R

Thanks for the quick answer i just install nitdroid gingerbread works great only the call and Internet don`t work but i wil fix that later on after i completely flash the device again with the new 8G emmc, because have some problems for some reason the kernel power won`t boot :( and i wan`t to install Meego on my sdcard but have to look how i must do that

But witch flasher do you mean with root privileges, when i flash the device i use the Maemo-Flasher 3.5 tool on my pc to flash my n900. does it work the same like the default emmc bin file we have to flash the n900

Thanks Gill T

ammyt
2011-04-04, 12:57
Nitdroid has no calling! Will I have to repeat this?

michaaa62
2011-04-04, 13:09

:D:D:D:D:eek:

jnack95
2011-04-04, 13:16

Until v.11 (or whatever it is called) is released for people to evaluate, the answer is yes....or you can simply stop getting annoyed by it and yelling at everyone (in caps);) I haven't seen anyone definitively answer the question regarding calls in the soon-to-be-released version either, but I haven't really looked too hard either (because I don't really care).

GigaByte
2011-04-04, 13:19
Nitdroid has no calling! Whether you like it or no!
...To be discussed...

jnack95
2011-04-04, 13:34
Nitdroid has no calling! Whether you like it or no!
...To be discussed...

Okay, please stop yelling;) Everyone and their brother knows there has been, and currently is (0.0.9) no calling functionality in NITDroid. But inquiring minds want to know (from those that have tried, or e-yes) if there has been any progress in the development as it appears there maybe a new kernel and ofono in the 0.11 RC.

Vasikaran
2011-04-04, 13:51
Nitdroid is of not much use without phone calling.. :( One time it happened when I was in Nitdroid, I missed out a very important call from a private number :( Better to wait till we get this feature enabled... :) Now, I'm full and full into Maemo and i Love it !! :p

cheve
2011-04-04, 13:55
Okay, please stop yelling;) Everyone and their brother knows there has been, and currently is (0.0.9) no calling functionality in NITDroid. But inquiring minds want to know (from those that have tried, or e-yes) if there has been any progress in the development as it appears there maybe a new kernel and ofono in the 0.11 RC.

well, it is unfortunate, that lot of people do not bother to read at all(at least the post #1 of this thread) before asking the question on the calling feature. I wouldn't blame ammyt for the yelling.

cheers,

Evil-Ninja
2011-04-04, 14:53

Hey ammyt did you forgot about the provocation
any chance to get
electron beam on maemo
please.

ivgalvez
2011-04-04, 15:39
I can't really understand all that noise around phone calling.

Nitdroid will never be a full replacement for Maemo in the N900, that's obvious. I only consider Nitdroid as an amusement and to be able to launch some cool applications. It consume a lot of battery and rebooting from one system to the other is even more battery consuming.

Precisely because of that, and because some of the neatest applications in Android are related to geolocation, for me the most important additions to Nitdroid would be camera and GPS support.

I don't care about SMS, video calls or phone calls, I'd like to be able to use Google Goggles, Layar and some more stuff like that.

But even more important than that, I'm interested about improving Maemo like the CSSU people is doing.

N900L
2011-04-04, 16:52
and what do you do if somebody is trying to call you because of something very important while youre trying out some *cooool applications?
this alwys happens to me.
but i dont think that people have to ask about this so much.

ammyt
2011-04-04, 17:07
For kernel-power multiboot:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t3mdemq1hj7v5ur
Unrar this archive to ./MyDocs, then:
root
mount /home /and
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/multiboot-0.2.11-kernel-power-46-Android-Kernel/*
Kudos Mido.Fayad

izrzdor
2011-04-04, 17:49
you mean that kernel-power46 will remain after reboot?

ammyt
2011-04-04, 17:53
you mean that kernel-power46 will remain after reboot?

Yes, and no. What this actually does is that you will get 3 working multiboot entries after installing it.
regular omap kernel
kernel power 46
NITdroid kernel
To only have the power kernel without the default one use this:

root
rm /etc/multiboot.d/00 (then press tab on the bottom of xterm the enter)
P.S. ^^ I miss XxjacobxX ;):D

Evildemon
2011-04-05, 22:54
Hi guys, i have a n900 and the only problem i find in it is the lack of games, so i wanted to install nitroid in my memory card to install some games, but i have some doubts...

First, to install nitroid and use it, the only thing i need to do is use apt-get install in XT? Or do i need to install something besides that ?

Second, do you think 8GB is enough to nitroid and some games (well a lot really :p)?

Thanks

zaksloan
2011-04-05, 23:49
For kernel-power multiboot:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t3mdemq1hj7v5ur
Unrar this archive to ./MyDocs, then:
root
mount /home /and
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/multiboot-0.2.11-kernel-power-46-Android-Kernel/*
Kudos Mido.Fayad

I had to reinstall NITDroid and couldn't overclock. Had tried nearly everything and trawled through the wikis to no avail, but the above instructions worked a treat!

Thank you!

lorul2
2011-04-06, 00:55
Hi guys, i have a n900 and the only problem i find in it is the lack of games, so i wanted to install nitroid in my memory card to install some games, but i have some doubts...

First, to install nitroid and use it, the only thing i need to do is use apt-get install in XT? Or do i need to install something besides that ?

Second, do you think 8GB is enough to nitroid and some games (well a lot really :p)?

Thanks

:confused::confused::confused:

MAME

VGBA

UAE4ALL

DRnoksnes

PCSX

Prenev stuff

Others I forgot + NITDROID APPS

and the few games that are offered for maemo. Most are free including the angrybirds trial...

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?

Evildemon
2011-04-06, 01:54

MAME

VGBA

UAE4ALL

DRnoksnes

PCSX

Prenev stuff

Others I forgot + NITDROID APPS

and the few games that are offered for maemo. Most are free including the angrybirds trial...

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?

well the ones maemo offers, other than angry birds, sucks...
preenv stuff have like 3 cool games
emulators havent tried yet cause i dont know which one's are the best emulators (there are several to each platform)
and now i want nitdroid cause it has plenty of games (the games i like the most are those simple like fruit ninja, dillo hills, etc)...

kingoddball
2011-04-06, 06:53
Don't whine. Dont like it? Build your own games... Open source!!

Compile away! Get Open Pandora games to run.

ammyt
2011-04-06, 07:05

Thanks

Are you out of your MIND?! After about 2080 pages of instructions on installing you ask:

Bro, did you even read my very first post?

ammyt
2011-04-06, 07:10
WIKI updated.

Evildemon
2011-04-06, 13:15
Are you out of your MIND?! After about 2080 pages of instructions on installing you ask:

Bro, did you even read my very first post?

well the problem is that really... 208 pages...

i read your post and read wiki page but the i only see how to intall on EMMC, i want to install nitdroid on memory card... (well i found the auto-installer instructions on wiki so i will use them)

PS: do you think 8GB is enough to nitdroid and like 20 games ?

PartyboyXP
2011-04-06, 17:48
Nitdroid is faster installed in the emmc or in a memory card class 4 (or class 6) ?

tele
2011-04-06, 18:15
@ PartyboyXP
emmc will always be faster and battery would last longer. either class 10 or class 8 is the same as emmc.

@Evildemon
use search the thread function.
8gb will be enough, i personally never used more then 2gb!!

damnshock
2011-04-06, 21:36
@ PartyboyXP
either class 10 or class 8 is the same as emmc.

I guess you mean *neither*

ammyt
2011-04-07, 07:34
well the problem is that really... 208 pages...

i read your post and read wiki page but the i only see how to intall on EMMC, i want to install nitdroid on memory card... (well i found the auto-installer instructions on wiki so i will use them)

PS: do you think 8GB is enough to nitdroid and like 20 games ?

Well, if you truly read as you said, then by now you should know that Nitdroid will only take about 300MB, and it will have nothing to do with the extra 7.7GB of your memory card's space. Nitdroid will identify your internal storage the 27 GB one as its memory card, and the other 7.7GB as $hi*.

nafajafam
2011-04-08, 05:44

Thanks Gill T

You will have to use a 7-zip archiver to extract the file. Once that is done, just follow the wiki. It worked for me.

J4ZZ
2011-04-08, 06:45
Hi there, I could need some help here. I installed RC3 for testing, everything is fine except thr market... The "official" market fix just won't work... I even tried Market Enabler wich is preinstalled but misses the donation apk which refused to install due to not found in market and a simple "not installed" error message when trying a donate apk from Dr. Google. ;-)

So, does anybody got a full market in Gingerbead RC3 somehow and could me point to a proper fix?

Thx in advance,

..::J4ZZ::..

Gill T
2011-04-08, 07:34
You will have to use a 7-zip archiver to extract the file. Once that is done, just follow the wiki. It worked for me.

Thnx nafajafam, but in nitdroid wiki there is no guide of installing the custom 8g emmc, but if it is the same like the standard 2g emmc then i know how to flash it with the maemo flasher 3.5 tool for the pc
but i dont know if it is the same bin file as the standard

thnx

eL.ectron1k
2011-04-08, 08:49
Guys :)
Please help me to mount my /etc (of maemo) to nitdroid partition.

I need to edit /etc/watchdog.conf (but maemo is crashed)

And where is all commands for Terminal Emulator?
Thanks!

sethstorm
2011-04-08, 11:05
Right, primarily I'm going to apologise for shouting but I am really sick of repeating myself time after time and helping people without the necessary tech skills to install / uninstall NITDroid without asking for help. I'll do it in red as well, to be eyecatching. And in Comic Sans, as per my mate @vi_, because its more likely to be understood.

THE WHOLE DAMN IDEA BEHIND KEEPING IT A CLOSED BETA IS TO STOP THE FLOOD OF GODDAMN NOOBISH "I CAN'T GET SO-AND-SO WORKING, HLP PLZZZZ!!!!1111! RIDICULOUS THREADS BEING STARTED!

Wow, your arrogance is dripping with that statement. Never mind that it discounts that people do know how to work with the whole thing. Not everyone on the outside is clueless, or wondering if it'll do calls. But if you want to generate flak, fine - not like you're short of that capacity.

Stability? Try not running down the battery so low, that maemo wisely gives up where Android on the N900 shouldnt be, trying to install things that assume portrait and crash on landscape, and/or knowing that Airplane mode doesn't always mean you have to clear parts of the filesystem off as previously instructed.

nafajafam
2011-04-08, 16:10
Thnx nafajafam, but in nitdroid wiki there is no guide of installing the custom 8g emmc, but if it is the same like the standard 2g emmc then i know how to flash it with the maemo flasher 3.5 tool for the pc

thnx

it is the same method as the standard 2G emmc. i flashed mine yesterday

ammyt
2011-04-12, 15:52

thnx

You have to reflash your phone using the image. Search how to reflash N900.

ammyt
2011-04-12, 15:56
Hi there, I could need some help here. I installed RC3 for testing, everything is fine except thr market... The "official" market fix just won't work... I even tried Market Enabler wich is preinstalled but misses the donation apk which refused to install due to not found in market and a simple "not installed" error message when trying a donate apk from Dr. Google. ;-)

So, does anybody got a full market in Gingerbead RC3 somehow and could me point to a proper fix?

Thx in advance,

..::J4ZZ::..
*coughs* I'm gonna tell you a secret *coughs*
*coughs while whispering* try applanet *coughs while whispering*
*dying* it gives you bonuses *dying*
*final words* gooooogle iiitttt *final words*
Now I should lay my hand over the side with some sad piano music playing in the background.

IcyMoustache
2011-04-12, 16:07
PISSED OFF WITH NITDROID INSTALL!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Guys, I really appreciate the efforts of people like eyes, jayc, ammyt etc. to try to bring android to the n900 masses. And dont take me wrong below. N900 is the best thing to have happened in my life.

But, I am really pissed off with the installation, and I believe there are thousands of similar people like me, who have a life to live and are ****ing away their hours solving problems without logic.

I have been trying for the past three weeks to install NITDroid on my machine, but couldnt. Read hours and hours of online forums here and on NITdroid.com that offer no concrete advice. And now I am really pissed off with the linux ways of doing things (FOSS up my ***).

1. Nitdroid auto installer
Royally ****ed up my microsd card by getting stuck at ext3 partition forever
I try to run different versions (from another forum), but in the end nothing works. My microsd card is now unusable

2. Ammyt's EMMC install procedure:
Problems:
a. the "...tar.bz2 file is not a bzip2 file" remark... I bypassed this problem by unzipping in PC and transfering the .tar file.
b. the "android not mounted" issue :
Did
------
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb
------------
But then it says "Android not mounted on /and" WTF!!!!

How can a set of commands as written in the wiki, work for some and not work for some!!?!?!?! I went through the forum and saw many posts with similar problems UNSOLVED!.

In the end, I am here wasting over 3 weeks of precious time, over some crap that doesnt work...

congrats all for whom it is working... the linux randomness worked on your behalf

and all the *****es like me for which it has failed as above, my sympathies....

IcyMoustache
2011-04-12, 16:13
slap me once, shame on you
slap me twice, shame on me
slap me thrice, take the nitdroid up my @ss bit$h

ammyt
2011-04-12, 16:14
PISSED OFF WITH NITDROID INSTALL!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Guys, I really appreciate the efforts of people like eyes, jayc, ammyt etc. to try to bring android to the n900 masses. And dont take me wrong below. N900 is the best thing to have happened in my life.

But, I am really pissed off with the installation, and I believe there are thousands of similar people like me, who have a life to live and are ****ing away their hours solving problems without logic.

I have been trying for the past three weeks to install NITDroid on my machine, but couldnt. Read hours and hours of online forums here and on NITdroid.com that offer no concrete advice. And now I am really pissed off with the linux ways of doing things (FOSS up my ***).

1. Nitdroid auto installer
Royally ****ed up my microsd card by getting stuck at ext3 partition forever
I try to run different versions (from another forum), but in the end nothing works. My microsd card is now unusable

2. Ammyt's EMMC install procedure:
Problems:
a. the "...tar.bz2 file is not a bzip2 file" remark... I bypassed this problem by unzipping in PC and transfering the .tar file.
b. the "android not mounted" issue :
Did
------
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb
------------
But then it says "Android not mounted on /and" WTF!!!!

How can a set of commands as written in the wiki, work for some and not work for some!!?!?!?! I went through the forum and saw many posts with similar problems UNSOLVED!.

In the end, I am here wasting over 3 weeks of precious time, over some crap that doesnt work...

congrats all for whom it is working... the linux randomness worked on your behalf

and all the *****es like me for which it has failed as above, my sympathies....

What is it dude be coooool, god created the world in seven days, you can be a bit more patient.
Do this to solve your life-threatening problem
root
apt-get install filebox
then using filebox navigate to /home/and
mount /home /and
report here what files/folders you see in ./and/

ammyt
2011-04-12, 16:16
Sorry people my internet got fUc^ed up during the last week,
but I'm back!

IcyMoustache
2011-04-12, 16:33
Ammyt, I respect you even more now for this instant reply!! You r my hero! Truly...

--------
In filebox, the /home/and directory is empty.

Garcel
2011-04-12, 16:40
Won't we getting honeycomb soon? :D

This is stupid to ask but. Does Froyo will still have an update? I been using froyo since. it is more stable than Gangsta-bread. Thanks ammyt.

ammyt
2011-04-12, 16:42
Ammyt, I respect you even more now for this instant reply!! You r my hero! Truly...

--------
In filebox, the /home/and directory is empty.

Okay.
mount /home /and
then report what do you see.

ammyt
2011-04-12, 16:46

This is stupid to ask but. Does Froyo will still have an update? I been using froyo since. it is more stable than Gangsta-bread. Thanks ammyt.

LOL Gangsta-bread, I like the name :D.
I believe 0.0.9 will be the last Froyo version, until ofono is fixed.
BUT prepare for the N11, it will blow your mind...
I <3 N11
N11 ROCKS!
VIVA N11!
N11 is the most stable, featured, cool, rooted, NITDROID version not only gingerbread version but NITDROID version. You're gonna love every bit out of it.

IcyMoustache
2011-04-12, 16:50
I just did mount /home /and
and I still see an empty /home/and directory

i.e. no files and folders

ammyt
2011-04-12, 16:51
I just did mount /home /and
and I still see an empty /home/and directory

i.e. no files and folders

Then god knows where did you place android's system folders :D You see now? It is pretty natural that when installing the kernel, no android will be seen.
Can you tell me what version are you trying to install?

IcyMoustache
2011-04-12, 16:54
:D

i am trying to follow your first article word to word. therefore installing 0.0.9

++
In /and i see : 3 folders and opt and user

In /home/and i see : nothing

++

ammyt
2011-04-12, 16:55

Don't ever dream about it, don't ever think about it! This is illegal stuff, mods delete his line.

LOL. Technically, Honeycomb requires massive CPU power and a massive 512MB+ RAM. You can get the CPU power with our good old OMAP, but once you get the RAM call me, to finish some unfinished business.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, no source code of Honeycomb yet. It probably is the end of open source android.

Garcel
2011-04-12, 16:57
I trust you ammyt. You're probably the most nicest guy here in the community. no joke.

I want to try the N11. Since you said it was the most stable. Will i have to do a reflash for switching version?

Sorry for the noob questions. But. It is stable on the default kernel? 600mghz? Thanks ammyt. You're so patient to your clients :)

ammyt
2011-04-12, 16:58
Im going now,
Topgear starts now on the BBC, cannot miss it!

ammyt
2011-04-12, 17:02
I trust you ammyt. You're probably the most nicest guy here in the community. no joke.

I want to try the N11. Since you said it was the most stable. Will i have to do a reflash for switching version?

Sorry for the noob questions. But. It is stable on the default kernel? 600mghz? Thanks ammyt. You're so patient to your clients :)

LOL, thx for the compliments dude.
Ohkay so you wanna be a tester of N11? You do recognize that it is BETA software, and probably nobody will answer any problems you face in it. (There aren't any as far as I experienced, but you still can't start threads and/or discuss about it).
If you agree to the above statement, PM me.
It is very very stable on 250 600 MHz's, I'm running it that way. But if you want to squeeze a bit more performance, you can install setcpu for easy OCing in nitdroid.

Garcel
2011-04-12, 17:02
Ok ammyt. Thanks for your time. I be waiting for your guides. Have fun :)

ammyt
2011-04-12, 17:03
:D

i am trying to follow your first article word to word. therefore installing 0.0.9

++
In /and i see : 3 folders and opt and user

In /home/and i see : nothing

++

I suggest you delete the whole /and related stuff, and start over freshly then. 0.0.9 is great believe me.

IcyMoustache
2011-04-12, 17:11
thanks ammyt for helping me out....

in /
I have and, bin, boot, cdrom etc.

In /home folder
I have just deleted the /and folder as you pointed out

Garcel
2011-04-12, 17:15
thanks ammyt for helping me out....

in /
I have and, bin, boot, cdrom etc.

In /home folder
I have just deleted the /and folder as you pointed out

Sorry I could"t help you bro. Im such a noob in this kind of things. Maybe this will help me back up my apology. :D

IcyMoustache
2011-04-12, 17:22
no problem... i am actually happy you could install froyo on ur machine..

@ammyt, I just redid the entire thing, still blank

can u tell me what does the folder show if things were working right?

ivgalvez
2011-04-12, 18:11
Hi there, I'd like my Nitdroid installation to use a FAT32 partition of my external micro sd as the sd card for data storage instead of polluting my MyDocs folder. Does anyone knows how to do that?

ammyt
2011-04-12, 18:13
no problem... i am actually happy you could install froyo on ur machine..

@ammyt, I just redid the entire thing, still blank

can u tell me what does the folder show if things were working right?

What is blank?
after you mount /home /and
go to the ordinary file manager, open it up, then you will see the N900 icon, with the memory card icon (if present) and a folder-like icon called and. There should be lots of folders and a couple of files there.

ammyt
2011-04-12, 18:15
OFFTOPIC: Anybody here is a Topgear fan?
Michael Schumacher wasn't The Stig after-all...

guyr
2011-04-12, 18:15
As a noob, i don't understand why all this "cd" in the install wiki
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and

for me this is a same as :
mkdir /and
mount /home /and
cd /and

it is more clear, no ?

IcyMoustache
2011-04-12, 18:26
guys it really feels dumb to be asking these questions....

but still, still, still i have no clue why this simple thing is evading my n900...

i tried every single combination again and again and again...

but the /and is not mounting!!!

rjneid
2011-04-12, 18:28
OFF TOPIC

How come ?!! That was for sure ... !!!

diegofigueroa
2011-04-12, 21:14
Hey people! From Drunkdebugger's twitter: N11 "Vostok" is ready. I'll upload it when 'BIG' internet would be available. #android #n900

raptoro07
2011-04-12, 21:34

super big fan of top gear here. watch it religiously!

xur17
2011-04-13, 01:07
N11 is ready!

http://twitter.com/#!/drunkdebugger

nafajafam
2011-04-13, 01:43

he came to drive the ferrari fxx, since it is his car.

on topic, thank you for the instructions on installing nitdroid. :D

TMavica
2011-04-13, 01:50
N11 is ready!

whats the difference with RC3?
any more function added?

IcyMoustache
2011-04-13, 13:30
AGAIN!!!!

I finally gave up mounting my /and folder. Instead I just tried auto-installer....

Here it goes:

Good! Here we go.

Unmounting /dev/mmcblk1p1 ...done

Going to download the installation files. This will take a rather long time!

Downloading nitdroid.manifest ...done
Downloading NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov.tar.bz2 ...done
Downloading oc-profile-500-700.tar.bz2 ...done
Downloading sensors-ril-patch-1.tbz2 ...done
Downloading fakegps.tar.bz2 ...done
Downloading nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb ...done
Uninstalling any incompatible software ...done
Creating partitions ...done

/dev/mmcblk1p1 0+ 954619 954620- 30547839+ c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/mmcblk1p2 954620 1017119 62500 2000000 83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk1p3 0 - 0 0 0 Empty
/dev/mmcblk1p4 0 - 0 0 0 Empty

Formatting /dev/mmcblk1p1 (vfat) ...done
Formatting /dev/mmcblk1p2 (ext3) ...done
Mounting /dev/mmcblk1p2 ...FAILURE. Bailing out.

Oh yeah.... mounting problem here too....

Can someone please help me understand why the "mount" is not working on my device?
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad:

ammyt
2011-04-13, 13:39
AGAIN!!!!

I finally gave up mounting my /and folder. Instead I just tried auto-installer....

Here it goes:

Good! Here we go.

Unmounting /dev/mmcblk1p1 ...done

Going to download the installation files. This will take a rather long time!

Downloading nitdroid.manifest ...done
Downloading NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov.tar.bz2 ...done
Downloading oc-profile-500-700.tar.bz2 ...done
Downloading sensors-ril-patch-1.tbz2 ...done
Downloading fakegps.tar.bz2 ...done
Downloading nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb ...done
Uninstalling any incompatible software ...done
Creating partitions ...done

/dev/mmcblk1p3 0 - 0 0 0 Empty
/dev/mmcblk1p4 0 - 0 0 0 Empty

Formatting /dev/mmcblk1p1 (vfat) ...done
Formatting /dev/mmcblk1p2 (ext3) ...done

Oh yeah.... mounting problem here too....

Can someone please help me understand why the "mount" is not working on my device?
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad:

Seems that your memory card isn't being recognized by the installer.

mmcblk1p2 specifically means the external microsd card. Can you please elaborate your problem, and specify what are you trying to install and to where?

IcyMoustache
2011-04-13, 13:47
This time I am (well the autoinstaller is) trying to install to the microsd.
IT already formatted the microsd as follows:

So I assume that mounting mmcblk1p2 was the way to go ahead.
But still the mount failure caught me by surprise!

Can it be because of some problem in maemo patches?

Deaconclgi
2011-04-13, 13:52
I am just getting back into NITDroid after buying my N900 back. I haven't used it since 0.0.8 and now I have installed n11 rc3.

The problem I am having is that I cannot connect to the internet via T-Mobile USA. I have already eidted the APN and input the correct settings. I have checked Data enabled as well. It appears that NITDroid just doesn't initiate the data connection as the icon never pops up.

I am basically stuck to using wifi.

Any assistance?

I apologize if this has been addressed before and yes, I checked forum.nitdroid. There is a post with someone with the same issue but no reply for resolution.

Thank you all for your help and it is great to be back in the Maemo community after such a long absence.

I look forward to the final release as soon as it is uploaded.

Kenny1001
2011-04-13, 14:34
ammyt what do you recommend to install?
I would like to have ginger, but somehow afraid the 5updates won't be so easy. Safe will be froyo I guess

e-yes
2011-04-13, 15:19
1. WRONG place for bugreports.
2. Problem will _NOT_ be fixed. I don't see bugreport and logs attached, how should I fix it?

ammyt
2011-04-13, 15:24
I am just getting back into NITDroid after buying my N900 back. I haven't used it since 0.0.8 and now I have installed n11 rc3.

The problem I am having is that I cannot connect to the internet via T-Mobile USA. I have already eidted the APN and input the correct settings. I have checked Data enabled as well. It appears that NITDroid just doesn't initiate the data connection as the icon never pops up.

I am basically stuck to using wifi.

Any assistance?

I apologize if this has been addressed before and yes, I checked forum.nitdroid. There is a post with someone with the same issue but no reply for resolution.

Thank you all for your help and it is great to be back in the Maemo community after such a long absence.

I look forward to the final release as soon as it is uploaded.

I do believe N11 RC3 being BETA was already mentioned...

Deaconclgi
2011-04-13, 15:56
Hey e-yes.

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't reporting a bug or asking anyone to fix it. I was more or less asking is there something that I need to do since I have not used NITDroid since I sold my N900 in December 2010.

For all I know, I could have just missed a setting somewhere. It was just a general question. I would rather see if it is user error on my part before I classify it as a bug and waste your and the NITDroid team's time over my possible error.

Deaconclgi
2011-04-13, 16:19
I do believe N11 RC3 being BETA was already mentioned...

Being listed as Beta does not mean that a certain function is automatically expected to be missing that isn't listed as being missing or that was there before.

There seems to be a misunderstanding. I never said that there was an issue with the RC3 build of features. I explained that I had not used NITDroid since 2010 and that I couldn't connect and then asked was there anything that I needed to do.

Since there were only 2 listed known issues listed in the forum.nitdroid post I took it as a user error on my part:

Known issues:
- Market fix wouldn't work anymore
- DHCP problems on Wi-FI connection. With buggy APs only.

Neither are what I asked about so I figured that I must have missed a setting or maybe it was something simple that someone else already answered.

Seems like patience and tact is down around these parts. What happened since December?

On a side note, in the NITDroid install wiki/tutorial, the section for the videos of NITDroid on the emmc, the "h" was left off of MrNokiaTech. I noticed that last year but I thought I would mention it while it crossed my mind.
:p

e-yes
2011-04-13, 16:21
How it can be qualified whether it's your mistake (in settings) or not? You didn't give any clue for it (APN settings etc).

Logs are welcome as well.

Deaconclgi
2011-04-13, 16:26
How it can be qualified whether it's your mistake (in settings) or not? You didn't give any clue for it (APN settings etc).

Logs are welcome as well.

Ok, thanks. I will provide more information since it appears to not be a known issue. I was expecting "Yeah, that happens sometimes, just go into options and click x, as it is different in Gingerbread"

I used these APN settings:

T-Mobile
Name: T-Mobile Internet
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Username:
Password:
MMSC:
MMSproxy:
MMS port:
MCC: 310
MNC: 260

From here: http://www.nitdroid.com/index.php?title=APN#T-Mobile_2

I followed the install to emmc directions from here:

Installing Gingerbread to EMMC (BUT WITH THE RC3 FILE)

http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC

It overrid my installation of "Installing NITDroid 0.0.9 to EMMC" from the same page.

the Overclocking NITDroid with Titan kernel power46 from the same page.

When using RC3, all it says is unable to establish connection. I will look into it and gather a log when time permits.

Thanks for the reply again.

Deaconclgi
2011-04-13, 16:50
e-yes,

What type of log do you need. I know how to make the installer log but since it isn't an install issue, when/where/how should I generate the log?

Also, should I take this over to the NITDroid forums? I remember at one point, we were encouraged to take bug reports there. It seems like this is turning out to be more than a general question.

Thank you.

Kenny1001
2011-04-13, 17:35
dit a few weird things; at leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/ll
I get an empty leafpad file..

ammyt
2011-04-13, 18:06
dit a few weird things; at leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/ll
I get an empty leafpad file..

Sorry bro, I can't be more patient. Did you look at the installation procedure video in my first post? Did you complete what's written under leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11 ?
After typing 11 tap the TAB button on the bottom of xterm's screen, then a name will come (the .item file)

ammyt
2011-04-13, 18:16
Nitdroid 11 Landed! I really don't have time to edit the WIKI, gotta go see somebody important. Installation is really as simple as any other version, just replace archive name in the WIKI (gingerbread for example) with N11_Vostok.tar.bz2
Changelog found by the mighty e-yes:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=987493&postcount=1
NO MORE OFFLINE MODE!
YOU CAN EASILY SWITCH BETWEEN OFFLINE AND ONLINE MODE NOW WITH A TAP, SAFELY!

Kenny1001
2011-04-13, 18:22
Sorry bro, I can't be more patient. Did you look at the installation procedure video in my first post? Did you complete what's written under leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11 ?
After typing 11 tap the TAB button on the bottom of xterm's screen, then a name will come (the .item file)
pressing the tab button doesn't give me a filename.

sethstorm
2011-04-13, 18:28
N11 is ready!

Already landed a couple of weeks ago, it was called RC3. Link got deleted though.

xur17
2011-04-13, 18:32
Nitdroid 11 Landed! I really don't have time to edit the WIKI, gotta go see somebody important. Installation is really as simple as any other version, just replace archive name in the WIKI (gingerbread for example) with N11_Vostok.tar.bz2
NO MORE OFFLINE MODE!

http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#Installing_NITDroid_ N11_to_EMMC_.28in_development.29

stlpaul
2011-04-13, 19:33
NO MORE OFFLINE MODE!

Trying it now, compared to Gingerbread the UI response faster, less laggy.

Hope someone can solve the empty market ;)

I still have the same frequently freezing and rebooting as prior releases, but otherwise it seems to be the best release so far. :)

elie-7
2011-04-13, 19:38
can someone please upload a Vostok video to youtube, and not a 30 sec preview, but a full one with it running on the emmc :D so people like moi can choose if they should get it ;)

xur17
2011-04-13, 19:41
My device never went through the google setup wizard. It seems to have saved some information from 0.0.9 (the apn was already set).

How do I reset the device?

edit: I need to delete the /data folder

roshan.ramkumar
2011-04-13, 20:02
hi i installed the rc3 version fine
but whe i tried this
it shows me this error
:sh /dev/mmcblk0p2 unkown operand..... in the final step
what do i do pls help

lolloo
2011-04-13, 20:02
wow so amazing! the elctro effect is so wicked!!!

luv to all nitdroiders.

gabby131
2011-04-13, 21:27
mmcblk0p2 is not available

hit any key to panic.....>_<

HELP!!!!

EDIT: changed mmcblk0p2 to int_card......my device just vibrates and vibrates......not booting to android, (i just see the android bootscreen) and i got my LED light blinking in Red.

EDIT2: my deepest thanks "search" button. reinstalled the kernel and voila!!! Thanks

topet2k12001
2011-04-13, 23:48
can someone please upload a Vostok video to youtube, and not a 30 sec preview, but a full one with it running on the emmc :D so people like moi can choose if they should get it ;)

Hi Friend,

I'll do this for you once I have free time; been very busy lately. By the way, for a video tutorial installation you may want to check the first post. ;) That video assumes you already copied the needed files to your N900.

Sniper_swe
2011-04-14, 00:17
getting rc3 to start booting but then i starts saying dsp mailbox timed out like 50 then rfeboot to multiboot. any ideas?

ammyt
2011-04-14, 08:39
Here is a video of installing instructions by Nokia7Linux:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF0uv0nJIj0
It's a bit off of the installing instructions on the WIKI but got the same principle though.

ambinp
2011-04-14, 09:39
how do i install nitdroid in memory card using windows xp?because i am hopeless in using my phone, I accidentally deleted all files in my internal memory and also the usb port is chipped, so there's no way i can reformat it.my last resort is using nitdroid in mmc!pleas, thanks!

ammyt
2011-04-14, 10:03
how do i install nitdroid in memory card using windows xp?because i am hopeless in using my phone, I accidentally deleted all files in my internal memory and also the usb port is chipped, so there's no way i can reformat it.my last resort is using nitdroid in mmc!pleas, thanks!

You can reformat your memory card, and unarchive the Nitdroid .tar.bz2 and paste all the files/folders to your memory card. Then download the Nitdroid zImage kernel and flash it to your N900 via Maemo Flasher.

Sniper_swe
2011-04-14, 11:31
after uninstalling wich files do i delete with filebox? Or is it the whole directory in home? Like bin etc and more? I want do a new install because i had nitdriod 0.08 before. I get the new 11 to work but im missing electro beam and the reboot on the hardware keyboard. I think im still on the old 0.08 even though i uninstalled it.

ejasmudar
2011-04-14, 12:07
a small guidance required, please.
I installed n11 successfully. But I want to slightly modify the multiboot behaviour. right now, it waits 30 sec for response and then boots into android.
I want to change this to wait for 5 secs and make maemo the default. Where is the location of the config file that must be edited?

sethstorm
2011-04-14, 12:11
Given that RC3 == the final release for what is known, looks like the same instructions can be applied to the RC3 archive.

(side note: Any issues with reposting that gingerbread-mido.fayad-2.3.3-rc3 link, now that it's been released?)

(another side note: just what exactly was in RC1, RC2 that was worth all that effort to hide?)

elie-7
2011-04-14, 12:19
Hi Friend,

I'll do this for you once I have free time; been very busy lately. By the way, for a video tutorial installation you may want to check the first post. ;) That video assumes you already copied the needed files to your N900.

naah i know how to install it, i jsut wanted to check the performance thats, all, never mind, i already downloaded the vostok files....

ejasmudar
2011-04-14, 12:20
okay more problems from above....
first of all when i boot into maemo, none of the windows have the close/cross button on top right. its gone. i can onle ctrl-backspace to close apps.
seecondly, i had installed powerkernal and overclocked maemo to 800. Now when i type kernel-config show in xterm, i get:
this kernel version 2.6.28-omap1 is not supported.

please help me somebody

gabby131
2011-04-14, 12:34
when I installed multiboot-kernel-power-46-android-kernel and reboot, i only see maemo omap and maemo kernel-power.....where's nitdroid?

help!!!

EDIT: oohh...video above...might help...

Flapzapninja
2011-04-14, 12:40
@ ejasmudar You´ll need to reinstall kernel-power after installing NITDroid. Check the bottom of this guide page.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#Installing_Nitdroid

ivgalvez
2011-04-14, 12:53
I'd like to use a vfat partition in my micro sd as the sdcard for Nitdroid so my folder MyDocs wouldn't be polluted when installing Android applications.

Does anyone knows how to do it? Nitdroid doesn't seem to have an /etc/mtab to manually edit mountings.

IDN900
2011-04-14, 13:37
I followed all the instructions on the updated wiki but i'm unable to boot into android. Multiboot gives me the option but just reboots after 5-10 seconds. After loading the android files it shows a few lines which say "init untracked pid" followed by three different numbers each time.

Any suggestionsas to what might have wrong and how I can fix this??

Thanks, your help is much appreciated!

elie-7
2011-04-14, 13:48
WTF ??? no marketplace fix in n11 ????? wtf am i going to do woth this, there is almost no apps what so ever grrrrrr, i want the adw laucnher, the fb app, the youtube app, angry birds... :@

ammyt
2011-04-14, 13:52
WTF ??? no marketplace fix in n11 ????? wtf am i going to do woth this, there is almost no apps what so ever grrrrrr, i want the adw laucnher, the fb app, the youtube app, angry birds... :@

What is it dude? Calm down you angry tiger :)
Google applanet,
it gives you bonuses...

elie-7
2011-04-14, 14:49
Google applanet,
it gives you bonuses...

calm down angry tiger ??? u sound like my girlfriend when i'm .....never mind :D lol just kidding man .
now got the hopes back up, and overclocking the muther****er , ok now i sound like a gangsta..... :D
thanks 7abib .

gabby131
2011-04-14, 15:00
when I installed multiboot-kernel-power-46-android-kernel and reboot, i only see maemo omap and maemo kernel-power.....where's nitdroid?

help!!!

EDIT: oohh...video above...might help...

im so dumb! someone kill me right now!!

solved the one above....thanks!!! :)

ammyt
2011-04-14, 15:04
OFFTOPIC:
I'm upgrading my pc, what is the best sapphire sub 100$ graphics card?
I am considering the Sapphire Radeon HD 5670...

elie-7
2011-04-14, 15:31
OFFTOPIC:

LOOKING FOR SOME cod ACTION HA ?? well my crappy laptop's gaming card can play COD modern warfare 2 :p

gabby131
2011-04-14, 15:59
Google applanet,
it gives you bonuses...

idk that there's such an app??? this is better!!! installing on my android device :)

gabby131
2011-04-14, 16:33
battery freakin' hot after playing asphalt >_<

nkirk
2011-04-14, 17:50
OFFTOPIC:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-graphics-card-geforce-gtx-590-radeon-hd-6990,2879-2.html ;)

nkirk.

SalmanAbbas
2011-04-14, 17:59
so no need to aplly oll those 5 updates after installing N11?

stlpaul
2011-04-14, 18:12
so no need to aplly oll those 5 updates after installing N11?

That is correct.

IDN900
2011-04-14, 18:23
Hi guys, I posted a couple of hours earlier that after following the instructions in the wiki for N11,I cant boot to android anymore. I triedto re-install N11 again to ensure I had not made any errors and I think I may know why it is'nt booting properly but I'm not sure how to fix it??

Hopefully that is where you guys come in..anyway, this time i realised that after I punched into xterm 'tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/N11_Vostok.tar' it begins to unpack the file but after...
'sbin/killall5'

xterm says...

'sdcard
tar: cannot remove old file sdcard: Is a directory'

What do i do???
your help is appreciated.

SalmanAbbas
2011-04-14, 18:30
"Hi guys, I posted a couple of hours earlier that after following the instructions in the wiki for N11,I cant boot to android anymore. I triedto re-install N11 again to ensure I had not made any errors and I think I may know why it is'nt booting properly but I'm not sure how to fix it??

Hopefully that is where you guys come in..anyway, this time i realised that after I punched into xterm 'tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/N11_Vostok.tar' it begins to unpack the file but after...
'sbin/killall5'

xterm says...

'sdcard

What do i do???
your help is appreciated."

i hav the same problem.Any ideas?

sada11
2011-04-14, 20:26
LOOK THIS !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dqaIQO_T3s

this is really possible on N900 ??? :-)))) :-)
Thanks to everyone who participated in this project NITDroid 11 to make this thing was available enthusiasts N900, my best phone I've ever had

ammyt
2011-04-14, 20:48
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-graphics-card-geforce-gtx-590-radeon-hd-6990,2879-2.html ;)

nkirk.

Thanks bro, this was really helpful.

ammyt
2011-04-14, 20:52
LOOKING FOR SOME cod ACTION HA ?? well my crappy laptop's gaming card can play COD modern warfare 2 :p

COD modern warfare 2 plays at 70fps with my Radeon HD 3845, but the 3845 got a lil bit outdated :(

shady
2011-04-14, 22:38
"Hi guys, I posted a couple of hours earlier that after following the instructions in the wiki for N11,I cant boot to android anymore. I triedto re-install N11 again to ensure I had not made any errors and I think I may know why it is'nt booting properly but I'm not sure how to fix it??

'sbin/killall5'

xterm says...

'sdcard

from the /and directory check that the folder 'sdcard' is empty and rmdir sdcard and rerun the tar..

IDN900
2011-04-14, 23:08
from the /and directory check that the folder 'sdcard' is empty and rmdir sdcard and rerun the tar..

Thank you, I remember you were in a similar situation to me earlier, looks like you sorted it out.

Sorry to be such an idiot:o

But how do i do that on xterm

shady
2011-04-14, 23:22
if you follow these instructions:

root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d N11_Vostok.tar.bz2
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/N11_Vostok.tar

this is where your install fails with the above msg, you should be in a directory "/and" nested in that directory is another folder called "/sdcard" use the commadn rmdir in the next blank command line like "rmdir /sdcard" (you should really make sure its empty first) and then run this line:

again (press the up arrow a few times and you dont have to retype it) this should get past the bump. mind you when you boot the first time it can take about 10 minutes.

as an aside, is the GPS locating anyone else in russia? is google talk working?

IDN900
2011-04-14, 23:54
Fantastic!!
Thank you Shady....I've spent all day trying to figure out what was going wrong never thought it would be that simple. While I was searching for the right answer I found out a lot about the operating system aswell so thats a bonus.

Thanks again

cuffy1
2011-04-15, 01:15
do u need to delete all gingerbread files before installing N11 or just install N11 on top of them?????

lorul2
2011-04-15, 02:15
Sorry If this has been asked and answered, but like above if you already have Gingerbread installed. Can you list step by step what to do to load the new version. I have the "N11_Vostok.tar.bz2" in the same location as gingerbread was but at

root
cd /home/user/MyDocs

=-> Right here I get file not found <-=

cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and

salawat
2011-04-15, 12:59
when installing nitroid, I know that its difficult to call on it, so are we able to dual boot nitroid with maemo, and then swap OS's with a click/touch of a button?
p.s. sorry if this has been asked already

thanks in advance

lorul2
2011-04-15, 13:04
If you have the dual boot setup you can switch at startup. If that is what you mean. If you mean while running Android...No.

lorul2
2011-04-15, 13:56
Sorry If this has been asked and answered, but like above if you already have Gingerbread installed. Can you list step by step what to do to load the new version. I have the "N11_Vostok.tar.bz2" in the same location as gingerbread was but at

root
cd /home/user/MyDocs

=-> Right here I get file not found <-=

cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and

:o:o:o:o:o

I guess you can't access the directory while still plugged into the PC..

lorul2
2011-04-15, 14:02
Ok now I cant boot into Nitdroid it just goes back into the boot screen.

My gingerbread 2.3.1 was working fine.

I used this.

root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb

and guessed it would install over the old. Ant ideas would be appreciated, oh btw i believe I have the Titan kernal, should i be using another one?

tele
2011-04-15, 14:15
Ok now I cant boot into Nitdroid it just goes back into the boot screen.

My gingerbread 2.3.1 was working fine.

I used this.

root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and

and guessed it would install over the old. Ant ideas would be appreciated, oh btw i believe I have the Titan kernal, should i be using another one?

nitdroid uses a completely different kernel and is flashed every time you boot into nitdroid hence "dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb"

now it is recommended that you install it as a fresh copy not over the old one. so i would recommend you to reinstall it properly as a clean copy. delete your previous installation

edmac316
2011-04-15, 14:37
I have N11 installed and working on my emmc, runs really well, fantastic work by all involved, you're dedication to the project is amazing!

Keep up the excellent work, it is appreciated!

bhiggins80
2011-04-16, 09:30
Hi, out of curiosity does the N11 version have any limitations? Ie. Still unable to make voice calls, etc. ?

Thanks!

Brian

ejasmudar
2011-04-16, 10:06
Hi, out of curiosity does the N11 version have any limitations? Ie. Still unable to make voice calls, etc. ?

Thanks!

Brian

Dude, WTF? Read ATLEAST the first post.

Angeburger
2011-04-17, 03:45
Anyone else having problems with charging in Nitdroid? I can have it plugged into either my laptop or the wall and the battery just drains at normal rate. It says:
Battery status: Discharging
Power plug: AC
To charge it I have to either turn it off or reboot into Maemo, which is really annoying. Is there a way to fix this?

bhiggins80
2011-04-17, 03:50
Dude, WTF? Read ATLEAST the first post.

Thanks genius. The thread was created in December 2010 and doesn't list a change log for each RC. We're now up to RC3 for N11, thus I was trying to determine what the current state of N11 was.

SavageBrat
2011-04-17, 04:01
@ bhiggins80..have a look here ..
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72101

rvschuil
2011-04-17, 14:23
I'm unable to connect to the 3G network, and i'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong, or if it's just not possible in N11.

I googled for the android APN settings for my provider, and it came up with this:
Name: Vodafone Internet
APN: live.vodafone.com
Proxy: 192.168.251.150
Port: 8799
Username: vodafone
Password: vodafone
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: mmsc.mms.vodafone.nl
MMS proxy: <Not set>
MMS port: <Not set>
MCC: 204
MNC: 04
APN type: default

Since the FAQ suggests i should leave the username/password blank, i did try that out too, but it doesn't work either way.

Is there any way to generate logs so i can get some more info on where this is going wrong?

ejasmudar
2011-04-17, 15:11
Thanks genius. The thread was created in December 2010 and doesn't list a change log for each RC. We're now up to RC3 for N11, thus I was trying to determine what the current state of N11 was.

Open your eyes to that first post.

I quote:

Latest fuss:

Nitdroid 11 released for all users!

Nitdroid 11 Release Candidate 3 released

There are no phone calling capabilities in Nitdroid, yet.

And after that,

Last edited by ammyt; 04-13-11 at 11:58 PM.

That is what, 4 days ago?
Ammyt regularly updates his first post and please, everybody, especially those who dont feel like browsing through atleast a few pages at the end, READ HIS FIRST POST.

HtheB
2011-04-17, 16:21
Installed NITDroid on eMMC. But somehow, I always getting an Guru meditation error when my MicroSD card is in the N900.

But when I remove the MicroSD, and boot NITDroid, it does work...

Anyone knows how to fix this?

tele
2011-04-17, 16:47
Installed NITDroid on eMMC. But somehow, I always getting an Guru meditation error when my MicroSD card is in the N900.

But when I remove the MicroSD, and boot NITDroid, it does work...

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Edit the boot file: leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11

(then tap the tab button, .item file will show, hit enter to open it in Leafpad). Edit ITEM_DEVICE in the file according to this:

• If you have an MMC (micro SD card) plugged in your N900, change ITEM_DEVICE to this: ITEM_DEVICE=${INT_CARD}p2

• If you don't have an MMC plugged in your N900, change ITEM_DEVICE to this: ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p2

Kevstacey
2011-04-17, 17:20
gingerbread 2.3.3 is awsome :)

if only i could get app market fix :(

HtheB
2011-04-17, 17:22
Edit the boot file: leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11

(then tap the tab button, .item file will show, hit enter to open it in Leafpad). Edit ITEM_DEVICE in the file according to this:

• If you have an MMC (micro SD card) plugged in your N900, change ITEM_DEVICE to this: ITEM_DEVICE=${INT_CARD}p2

• If you don't have an MMC plugged in your N900, change ITEM_DEVICE to this: ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p2

Thanks, Yeah I changed the multiboot file before into mmcblk0p2 (followed the eMMC tutorial)
Seems like I shouldn't even have to change that :p

cuffy1
2011-04-17, 18:42
ok guys My current setup is like this

1. Stock Maemo
2. Power46-wl1
3. Power46
4. NITDroid Gingerbread
5. Backupmenu

so i was about to uninstall the old gingerbread to have a clean install of N11 vostok but i see to uninstall it multiboot is also deleted so i would like to knw if i go ahead and delete it and install N11 vostok, would multiboot be installed back and all my kernels work as before?

uNsIs
2011-04-18, 15:42
I installed N11, all things go well but my home key does not work (it works well in maemo) anybody can help me?

Alfred
2011-04-18, 20:08
We are getting fix market tonight
EDIT:
I know this is supposed to be done by e-yes. But i am sure he wouln't mind.
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/...et_fix.tar.bz2

And NO, I did it not for thanks!

yopyop123
2011-04-19, 16:56
Hi ! I have a problem :
When I do " dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb "
I have : "sh: /dev/mmcblk0p2: unknown operand nitdroid"

Do you know why ?
Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Alfred
2011-04-19, 17:27
Hi ! I have a problem :
When I do " dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb "
I have : "sh: /dev/mmcblk0p2: unknown operand nitdroid"

Do you know why ?
Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Nope, i don't:)

mukati
2011-04-21, 01:36
GUys so i install n11 and now all is fine except redundancy in car home app and there is no market icon any ideas?

randomdood
2011-04-22, 10:02
GUys so i install n11 and now all is fine except redundancy in car home app and there is no market icon any ideas?

for market look a few posts before you

smoothc
2011-04-22, 10:13
We are getting fix market tonight
EDIT:
I know this is supposed to be done by e-yes. But i am sure he wouln't mind.
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/...et_fix.tar.bz2

And NO, I did it not for thanks!
How do you apply that fix?

bingbings
2011-04-22, 10:35
Downloaded it to MyDocs then:

root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d N11_market_fix.tar.bz2
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/N11_market_fix.tar

randomdood
2011-04-22, 12:08
or you can always install 1mobile market (just browse to their webpage and install) if you dont' want to apply fix.. same applications, different interface, no fix needed to see all the apps.

kyllerbuzcut
2011-04-23, 08:51
where are people getting this market fix tar file from please? Believe me I HAVE searched.

EDIT: Finally found the market fix tar file after yet another search this morning. It was in a really obscure reference to a place to download some of e-yes's stuff that lead me to it. That was on google, not on here.

It's really not very well signposted at all.

yorkey
2011-04-23, 09:08
where are people getting this market fix tar file from please? Believe me I HAVE searched.

Not tried it myself, but I would guess from the nitdriod forum (http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1380.0). (Last post)

kyllerbuzcut
2011-04-23, 09:14
Not tried it myself, but I would guess from the nitdriod forum (http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1380.0). (Last post)

Thanks. already looked there last night and it wasn't there. Guess it is just finding its way and getting rolled out slower than people can look for it. (if that makes sense) lol. Found it eventually somewhere else but it would be good when it is on the wiki or added to the front pages of these nitdroid threads.

N900L
2011-04-23, 09:55
a new ofono version and a new kernel version is available for nitdroid.

anyone tried it?

kyllerbuzcut
2011-04-23, 09:57
Just fired up nitdroid after applying market fix. There is now not even any market icon for some reason. Anyone got a clue what I did wrong?
I can put a shortcut to market onto the desktop but it won't load anything. Applanet still works. I am just going to tinker around inside android and see if I can figure anything out.
EDIT: It's there but greyed out in applications list. Myabe a restart will do it......
2nd EDIT: Nope still the same. Dunno what I've done wrong.
Has there been ANOTHER N11 Vostok released like a day or 2 after the first ne or something and I've missed it somehow? I've been reading the threads so I don't think I would have missed it but you never know.....?

3rd EDIT: Sorry for all the edits. Been investigating and I believe the latest problem is related to not being able to sync, so the market wont start ( with the new market fix update). Has anyone gotten nitdroid to sync yet?

nokia#1
2011-04-24, 06:33
PLZ HELP ME!!
I've been trying to install gingerbread to emmc on my nokia n900 but keep on failing
i follow all the instruction on http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC but still nothing
the problem that keeps coming up is
bzip2: cant open input file gingerbread.tar.bz2: No such file or directory.
can some plz help me :)

kyllerbuzcut
2011-04-24, 08:02
nokia#1. you may not be in the right directory. It depends where you saved the bz2 file to. Default directory for saves (on mine at least)mis MyDocs/.documents (yes the dot is supposed to be there).

so try altering what you co,y/paste into xterminal OR shift your bz2 file into MyDocs by using file manager.

PS If you do get it working could you report back whether you are able to synv with google please

hokage15
2011-04-24, 17:18
When i run rmdir /sdcard i get no such file or directory

samipower
2011-04-25, 01:26
In the past i installed nitdroid 0.7 and 0.8 without problem .

But now . bad.........

nitdroid n11 vostok installed well in memory card micro sd and running ok.

but with n900 Cell formatting-clean , i tried to install in memory internal 32gb with •

leafpad
ITEM_DEVICE to this: ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p2 and when n900 starting , select 2 option nitdroid mmcblk0p2 and say mmcblk1p2

and Error guru meditation #00000025.620117712
root filesystem mmcblk0p2 not available

in microsd well and internal 32gb error, why are happening it ?

my steps are very simple:

apt-get install nitdroid-installer

Y

sudo gainroot
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and

leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11

ITEM_DEVICE=${INT_CARD}p2 microsd

ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p2 internal memory

any idea???

i solved :

with config to start boot in internal memory 32gb

ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p2

i putted microsd in n900 , and i started and now yes it begins in nitdroid

but my question , it is loading in 32gb or microsd ???
and why put microsd??

ammyt
2011-04-25, 07:17
I am off, my internet crapped out, again. I'm @ skool rite now, and i'll probably get a suspension if the teacher seez me on TMO :eek:

samipower
2011-04-25, 17:33
I am off, my internet crapped out, again. I'm @ skool rite now, and i'll probably get a suspension if the teacher seez me on TMO :eek:

hello

i had kernel power 46, and i installed nitdroid n11 vostok with kernel nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel

, now maemo without overclock.

In nitdroid 0.08 for i had overclock in maemo , i installed maemo 40

but in nitdroid n11 vostok , can i have overclock in maemo power 46?

yes in nitdroid with setcpu app have overclock, my question are maemo

two or three partitions?.

i must be to install ??? :
- kernel-power_2.6.28-maemo46_armel only or
if neccesary
kernel-power-bootimg_2.6.28-maemo46_armel
, kernel-power-flasher_2.6.28-maemo46_armel.deb
,kernel-power-modules_2.6.28-maemo46_armel
, kernel-power-settings_0.11_armel.deb
, NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb ??????

and other question , why with nitdroid , n900 are very very hot than in maemo - ??? i saw it in nitdroid 0.07-0.0.8 and now in vostok

regards

bakry2003
2011-04-25, 19:47
i tried installing 0.0.8, then i install 0.0.9, then n11 vostok, and then i install the fix market and everything is going well for a few days, but when am entering to maemo all my configuration is reset.
and my network signal is going and then coming etc.

i downloaded 2 games on nitdroid realfootball 2011 and gangstar miami vindication, they need keymapping so anyone knows how to resolve this.

to overlocking on n11 its easy there are many app on marketplace

samipower
2011-04-25, 22:24
i detected a bug in nitdroid n11 vostok

wifi enable ok and connected

i am downloading internet data files for a game and two minutes or other minutes and i look and download failed beacuse , not internet wifi active

wifi disable and i have to reactivate wifi

topet2k12001
2011-04-25, 22:34
i detected a bug in nitdroid n11 vostok

wifi enable ok and connected

i am downloading internet data files for a game and two minutes or other minutes and i look and download failed beacuse , not internet wifi active

wifi disable and i have to reactivate wifi

Hi Friend,

As per this (http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#WIFI_Fix_.28rare_cas es.29) section of the Wiki Page:

WIFI Fix (rare cases)

Change the encryption from WPA2 to WPA from your Wireless Access Point. This is a compatibility issue hopefully going to be fixed in later releases.

You may want to try it out and see if that solves your problem. :)

If not...in the Settings Area under "Wi-fi", switch your N900 lock and you will see "Advanced" options. There is something that allows you to change as to when the wi-fi will "sleep" or "disconnect". One possible reason for your problem may be due to this, because the default setting is for the wi-fi to switch off whenever your screen switches off.

neotalk
2011-04-26, 13:08
Hi Friend,

As per this (http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#WIFI_Fix_.28rare_cas es.29) section of the Wiki Page:

You may want to try it out and see if that solves your problem. :)

If not...in the Settings Area under "Wi-fi", switch your N900 lock and you will see "Advanced" options. There is something that allows you to change as to when the wi-fi will "sleep" or "disconnect". One possible reason for your problem may be due to this, because the default setting is for the wi-fi to switch off whenever your screen switches off.

worked for me using the advanced method and selecting never switch off. thanks for the tip.

Edit....no problem is still there and wifi still switches off.

samipower
2011-04-29, 15:07
games :

-asphalt hd 6 3.xx menus slow , gamming well

- angry birds 1.53 market perfect

- pro evolution soccer 2011 hd 1.04 well

- tom clancy hd 3.20 well

- gangstar west coast hustle hd 3.38 well

- gangstar miami vindication hd 3.14 well walking but with vehicles slow

- Modern combat : pegasus 2 hd 3.30 well

- splinter cell conviction hd 3.20 well

- Brothers in arms 2 hd 3.08 it is running very slow

- Need for speed shift 1.0.62 well

- GT racing 3.18 well

- plants vs zombies 2.5 well

- fishing games well

- nintendo 64 emulator n64oid 1.14 and psx emulator fpse 10.38 well

- Mame emulator Tiger mame 1.42 well

- black jack media market well

it depends other parameters , cpu mhz , keyboard open/close , red gsm enable/disable or airplane , game [motorola(defy,milestone,droid2) , galaxy S, ] versions with your sd data files .
reboots and shutdowns happened testing.

hours and hours and hours testing

i am testing , this weekend, i will upload youtube videos with games running with special configuration for each game , for installation and for gamming it well.

regards

In nitdroid 0.08 i uploaded 22 videos to youtube with all games
http://www.youtube.com/samipower

, in nitdroid N11 vostok i will put a new 2011 games running

edited: 29-04-2011 added new games to list ok

app well running :

teamviewer for vnc remote with your computer running perfect

edited: added tiger mame

kyllerbuzcut
2011-04-29, 15:27
Is no one else having trouble getting nitdroid to sync?

rodrigo.barbieri
2011-04-29, 17:59
sorry for the question and my English

I tested the N11 version is very fast and functional, but is there any attempt to run the voice on the calls?

edmac316
2011-04-29, 19:03
Check the first page of this thread, voice calls are not fully functional at present.

papa73
2011-04-29, 19:12
hello,

photos (camera) work for you?

and the voice call will work in future or is this N11 the limit of nitdroid ?

Thanks

Kenny1001
2011-04-29, 19:32
hello,

photos (camera) work for you?

and the voice call will work in future or is this N11 the limit of nitdroid ?

Thanks
If you're the man to make those functions work, pls do, I'm sure a lot of ppl will donate to you.

N900L
2011-04-29, 20:25
e-yes thanx for the half working telephone in nitdroid keep up the good work.
one question does nitdroid take more battery than maemo?

sanchdaniel
2011-04-29, 23:27
im having the same problem, no sync and market options are grayed out in applications manager. also, i i have no market icon anymore.
Is no one else having trouble getting nitdroid to sync?

Alfred
2011-04-30, 05:48
2.3.4 is out for n900

yaso1608
2011-04-30, 07:26
hi. i js want to ask i installed nitroid successfully. Thanks. Now can i delete extras devel catalogue from my apps cuz they keep asking me to update my apps but the updates are from Extras Devel. How pls thanks in advance. :)

eL.ectron1k
2011-04-30, 08:25
Hello guys
Really strange but my nit is not recognized sd card...it's inserted and all covers are closed (grep agreed with me )) But when i booting to nitdroid (it's on /dev/mmcblk0p6 partition) it tolds me - no sd card inserted...pf?

eL.ectron1k
2011-04-30, 08:27
yaso1608, strange that u want delete extras devel but
goto App manager in maemo
Application catalogs
Find ur extras-devel
make it disabled (dont delete it can be needed in future)
profit

eL.ectron1k
2011-04-30, 08:28
N900L not so much as ubuntu or other distribs do.. :D

antennenmann
2011-04-30, 08:58
Hi

I was happy to read about the new Nitdroid version N11 with capability to send SMS. After a problem with the /sdcard folder
i get it to boot from emmc.

But the Market icon is not in the menu and if i trie to start it by browser he says that the phone isnt qualified to access the market.

In 0.0.9 i could access it and it worked. Whats up ?

The second problem is sms. with the ofono patch its the same like before. i can send but it nerver arrives or is send out.

rb26vl
2011-04-30, 10:51
SMS now working great with ofono update, thanks e-yes :D

Now for the calls! I'd love to help out but haven't had a go at dev with Android yet :rolleyes:

Wreck
2011-04-30, 11:00
SMS now working great with ofono update, thanks e-yes :D

Now for the calls! I'd love to help out but haven't had a go at dev with Android yet :rolleyes:

Could you share that update? :D Cant find it.

eL.ectron1k
2011-04-30, 12:23
Hi guys
i have installed my nitdroid to /dev/mmcblk0p6 - but it says in nitdroid - no sd card mounted
how can i mount SD card in nitdroid?

Thanks!

Alfred
2011-04-30, 12:54
Isn't sd card in Nitdroid our 27 Gb storage?

eL.ectron1k
2011-04-30, 13:16
Alfred if i install nit on extcard - yes.
It use our /dev/mmcblk0p2, but i have another partition table..

Alfred
2011-04-30, 13:28
Alfred if i install nit on extcard - yes.
It use our /dev/mmcblk0p2, but i have another partition table..

Okay, nevermind... Sorry i can't help you.

eL.ectron1k
2011-04-30, 13:30
Alfred
dont worry, better check ur widget 8-)

eL.ectron1k
2011-04-30, 13:40
Okay. i changed info in /and/etc/vold.fstab..mounted my sd with
mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sdcard..and now i can see all what my sd contains but some apps tolds me that Can not detect SD Card

eL.ectron1k
2011-04-30, 14:05
Which file used in android like in maemo - /etc/fstab?

I want to add my sdcard to mount automatically..

jakiman
2011-05-01, 00:08
I can also confirm sending and receiving sms is working fine after the latest ofono update.
Also, was able to play xvid avi videos using moboplayer. (others wouldn't work though)

yaso1608
2011-05-01, 05:52
hello i have gingerbread in my n900. now i want to update to n11 vostok. how am i suppose to update to tht. thanks in advance.

rb26vl
2011-05-01, 12:57
Could you share that update? :D Cant find it.

http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/experimental/

Experimental only of course :) ofono update, tar it to your /and mount. Share feedback, I'm sure e-yes would appreciate it :)