PDA

View Full Version : The Grand NITDroid Thread - NITDroid ICS Upgrade!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

ammyt
2010-12-26, 12:57
Sorry to ask again, i follow everything here

http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#Frequent_errors

But my n900 won't multiboot, did i miss anything?

Looks that you didn't edit the .item file properly, be sure that you changed the EXT to INT and to copy nitdroid's files to /home

Hello,
Maybe this is a stupid question; But what is the benefit of installing Android OS (NITDroid) ? As I understand most of the applications wont work from the Android software market for N900 !

Regards,
Arvind

You're wrong, most of the apps do work, and you'll have the ability to run 3/4 of all the .apk's that are in the world.

i install nitdroid 0.0.9 but i can't ring.phone don't see my gsm

with me after the installation does not see the GSM network. Uploader 0.0.9 and the old kernel. sometimes it is just that, as the orange insert the SIM card does not see sd card. the old version this was not. and as it sits card is not working new nitdroid.

So, nitdroid gets your sim card? Perhaps it is in offline mode? Apply the fix for that, althogh 0.0.9 doesn't require this.

i still don't know how to install it into my internal memory :(

look, it is very easy. Just install it via the autoinstaller to your memory card, then copy all of the files it actually installed on there to /home and edit the multiboot item so that it loads from your internal memory, this is done by editing the .item file.

Important: These are for overclocked phones, if you don't have kernel-power installed then wait someone make this for stock kernels.

what with this warning? and what's home?
ps sorry but im really a beginner in this

thx

That's tele's and cepiperez method which require you to install enhanced kernel power for power users, something you might not want to mess with if you don't know how. Just follow the wiki then my first post. And /home is a directory in your N900, actually a partition.

i cant download 2 of the 3 files in the first page :(

Is it temporary?

Yes, I'm gonna update the links :)

ing005
2010-12-26, 13:11
if i want to install nitdroid 0.0.9 in emmc

do i have to format emmc before ?

and how to install in emmc

Thanks

ammyt
2010-12-26, 13:31
Okay users, I updated my first post to the noobiest way ever :), I hope it clears out some vague issues you have :D.
p.s. for people who didn't "have time to go to the wiki," you no longer have to. Everything is included now in the first post :)

ammyt
2010-12-26, 13:43
The last thing to do is adding some OCing tips, or just wait for the new archive with the GUI

Kevstacey
2010-12-26, 13:49
I just did a final edit and check-up to the wiki,--
-- to gladly anounce that e-yes and the elite Nitdroid team just released Nitdroid 0.0.9 codenamed: xMasDroid. Since this is just a minor update to 0.0.8, the instructions of installing it will only be posted here, nothing will travel to the wiki till the awaited Gingerbread is released :D.
As for the instructions, I would like to thank to mido.fayad and tele for contributing:

Let's start:
If you installed Nitdroid 0.0.8 in /home, remove all Nitdroid files from /home partition, by filebox for simplicity, but don't remove maemo files!

Files to be downloaded:
Nitdroid 0.0.9:
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2
Copy it to:
/home/user/MyDocs

Nitdroid's kernel
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/nitinstaller/Packages/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb
Copy it to:
/home/user/MyDocs

Nitdroid installer
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/nitinstaller/nitdroid-installer_0.2.7_armel.deb

Copy it to:
/home/user/MyDocs

Installing NITDroid 0.0.8 to the EMMC:
1.Enable all repositories from App manager (Extras-testing, Extras-devel, Extras and the default Nokia)
2.Install Leafpad from the App manager and make sure that you have root access
3.Close App manager, open X Terminal and execute the following commands:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install nitdroid-installer
y
y again if it asks again
4.After the nitdroid-installer package is installed, close X Terminal
5.Install the above-mentioned installer, nitdroid-installer_0.2.7_armel.deb by copying it to the N900 and opening it via App manager, it will recognize it as a small update for your installer that you downloaded and installed in the second step.
6.Open X Terminal, and execute the following commands:
root
nitdroid
YES
7.After NITDroid ends installation (20 minutes on 70 kb/s download speed) don't yet reboot your phone to NITDroid! Tap the drop down top menu in X Terminal and click new and close the one before (the one that said NITDroid was successfully installed)
8.On your new X Terminal window, type the following commands:
root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2
mkdir /and
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb
cd /
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11 (then tap the tab button)
9.Leafpad should open, with your multiboot .item file. Change this:
ITEM_DEVICE=${INT_CARD}p2
10.Save your file, reboot ur device with your keyboard open, be happy :D
11.Later on, you can format your microsd NOT IN YOUR N900 to enjoy a regular mmc card like all other mmcs.

Fixes:
Great fixes are included in 0.0.9, including airplane mode, wifi fix, and google sign in. In addition, some users reported that the app market already needs no fixes, but not with me, so let's keep this fix here. More fixes are included in the wiki if you needed them.

APP Market Fix:
1.Open the Market app (from the Home screen or app launcher)
2.Leaving the Market app running, return to the Home screen and open the Settings app again
2.Within Settings select Applications → Manage applications → Running (from Tab at top)
4.Scroll to select the Market app → press the Clear Cache button → then press the Force Stop button (Do not press the Clear Data button)
5.Press the back button (to go back to the list of running apps)
6.Scroll to select Google Services Framework → press the Clear Data button → OK (to confirm) → then press the Force Stop button
7.Return to the Home screen
8.Launch the Market app again, which will give an error "Attention an error has occurred..." → OK button
9.Shutdown by holding power button → Power Off → OK
10.Restart, wait for wi-fi to reconnect, open Market again (You may have to reboot several times and check Market)
The opening Market screen should no longer be blank, and many more apps (free & paid) should now be available. (Although apps can be downloaded, a few may still fail to install or run properly).

I Need Speed!:
Overclocking, that nice benefitial mod that makes your lives easier is so easy in Nitdroid. Basically OC'ing is done by editing power.conf:
leafpad /and/system/etc/power.conf
The file will speak to you itself, it is so clear. BTW mido.fayad's Nitdroid archive will include a ready-made OC gui app for Nitdroid :D.

so is it as simple as downloading:
nitroid installer
nitroid kernel
nitroid 0.0.9

to home/user/MyDocs

and running those commands in xterm?

last time i tried a different method and had to reflash my n900 :(

rantom
2010-12-26, 13:49
Okay users, I updated my first post to the noobiest way ever :), I hope it clears out some vague issues you have :D.
p.s. for people who didn't "have time to go to the wiki," you no longer have to. Everything is included now in the first post :)

Thanks for this (though I can't consider myself as a "noob"). However, I'd add these four to the first post as well:

1. Install rootsh (Extras-Devel-version was required on 0.0.8 installer).
2. What version is the current kernel in the first post. This way we'd know whether it works with 0.0.9 or not.
3. Link to the most current changelog.
4. How to underclock the NITDroid to the same level as Fremantle uses (if possible, without the need of separate underclocked installer).

The last one is quite important, in my opinion, since we're already installing the OS itself to the eMMC and the overclocking is kind of unnecessary due to eMMC's speed. Also, I'd like to not shorten my N900's life by overclocking. :)

Thanks in advance, if you'd make those four tiny additions to the otherwise great post.

XxJacobxX
2010-12-26, 13:54
Ammyt,
I only have three words to say,
I AM HAPPY!
I have the best phone in the world, the best community in the world, and guess what? The best android in the world :D!

ZogG
2010-12-26, 13:56
at nitdroid forum e-yes uploaded digits fix for softkeyboard with instruction, add this to the topic please =)

ammyt
2010-12-26, 14:00
at nitdroid forum e-yes uploaded digits fix for softkeyboard with instruction, add this to the topic please =)

Oh yes! Sure, with this, numeral keyboard works now!

Kevstacey
2010-12-26, 14:02
the first post has just been changed :( it sounded a lot more simple before!

DaReaper
2010-12-26, 14:03
Installed it , wasn't hard at all ... thanks for the tutorial :D

Btw the Market app didn't show any errors , it worked perfect .. i've installed a couple of apps . Though calling wont works ( yes i know it's not yet implemented ) when i call a number it just end the call .

And i can receive calls but no sound .

WiFi works with WPA2 . :D

And Charging wont do with the USB cable connected to laptop.

ammyt
2010-12-26, 14:21

Btw the Market app didn't show any errors , it worked perfect .. i've installed a couple of apps . Though calling wont works ( yes i know it's not yet implemented ) when i call a number it just end the call .

Oh god, Thank you. Finally some positive feedback and understanding :D. :( "In tears" I'm so proud of you. ////:p:D

ammyt
2010-12-26, 14:29
the first post has just been changed :( it sounded a lot more simple before!

Okay, some "guides" tests:
1st tutorial ever, the very first one: 8.5/10 (10/10 as a novel :p)
-easy: yes
-nooby: absolutely
-extensive: alot "it really showed like one of shakespear's novels, by having all the fixes, OCing profiles, and steps"
-comprehensive: absolutely
2nd tutorial, 30 mins. old: 7/10
-nooby: no
-extensive: no "actually very compact"
-comprehensive: yes
3rd tutorial, the active one right now: 9/10
-nooby: absolutely
-extensive: normal
-comprehensive: absolutely

plaban
2010-12-26, 14:35
Thanks a lot ammyt. The guide is easy to follow.I've updated to Nitdroid 0.0.9 .It is better than the previous version.

DaReaper
2010-12-26, 14:35

Anyways , when i try to do this from terminal : leafpad /and/system/etc/power.conf

The file dosen't really exist , i browsed to /and and the folder is empty using Filebox

I went to /etc i found power.conf.example but i'm not sure if thats the one i have to edit .

then i browse to /home i find a sym link to /etc there i went there but no power.conf file is there either ... but i see some OC files with example ...

Please guide me to the exact file :D thanks

ammyt
2010-12-26, 14:45

Anyways , when i try to do this from terminal : leafpad /and/system/etc/power.conf

The file dosen't really exist , i browsed to /and and the folder is empty using Filebox

I went to /etc i found power.conf.example but i'm not sure if thats the one i have to edit .

then i browse to /home i find a sym link to /etc there i went there but no power.conf file is there either ... but i see some OC files with example ...

Please guide me to the exact file :D thanks

First, be sure that you unarchived the file to /and, you did right? In it there should be several folders!

deny_winarto
2010-12-26, 14:56
Wow it works on my Sandisk microsd!
I think 0.0.9 fixes sandisk issue?

another thing, why is my browser covered ?
I can't see webpages.. thanks

ammyt
2010-12-26, 15:06
Wow it works on my Sandisk microsd!
I think 0.0.9 fixes sandisk issue?

another thing, why is my browser covered ?
I can't see webpages.. thanks

Well, I think you're one of the lucky ones :D. What web browser is covered? What do you actually mean by "covered"

DaReaper
2010-12-26, 15:08
@ammyt Yes okay i figured it out thanks anyways :D

deny_winarto
2010-12-26, 15:09
Well, I think you're one of the lucky ones :D. What web browser is covered? What do you actually mean by "covered"

I don't know, everytime i enter a web address, it got covered by somekind of white page... ::confused:

ammyt
2010-12-26, 15:29
I don't know, everytime i enter a web address, it got covered by somekind of white page... ::confused:

Are you talking about Nitdroid?

deny_winarto
2010-12-26, 15:33
Are you talking about Nitdroid?

Yes, the nitdroid browser, when the web is loaded completely there's some kind of white page that's covering it :confused:

ammyt
2010-12-26, 15:39
Yes, the nitdroid browser, when the web is loaded completely there's some kind of white page that's covering it :confused:

Now of all the weirdest things I've ever seen in Nitdroid, (including bananas live wallpaper :D) this is the weirdest.

ammyt
2010-12-26, 15:40
Some nice trailer showing the next Nitdroid Gingerbread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fgXaFk4qKk

deny_winarto
2010-12-26, 15:41
Now of all the weirdest things I've ever seen in Nitdroid, (including bananas live wallpaper :D) this is the weirdest.

lol nevermind, after rebooting twice it's gone now :D
thanks for your help :)
I'm gonna try flash 10 now

ammyt
2010-12-26, 15:49
I can't wait till "[TUTORIAL GIGA NOOBY UPDATE] The Nitdroid Team Just Baked A Gingerbread!" thread edit :D

S0urcerr0r
2010-12-26, 15:53
Alright I just installed NITDroid on my eMMC successfully ..

I'm just having trouble getting the Market App running .. I have tried doing what's been mentioned as a 'fix', but its not working for me .. I've tried rebooting several times but my applications ever show up ..

Here's what I did ... I started the Market App, went into Settings -> Applications->Manage Applications -> Running tab --> Selected the Market app --> Pressed 'Clear Cache' -> Pressed 'Force Close' --> Went out of menu and again started Market App --> I do NOT get any error, I just get the same message that no applications are available, etc .. -> I restart again and again, but the same message keeps showing up ..

Any suggestions ?

[MARKET FIX]: SOLUTION

that is not the complete procedure... u need to tamper with the "Google Services Framework" as well... follow this video 100% and it should work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2YcJdxJ24U

WHEN YOURE DONE - your market will crash...
and it may still crash a few times after rebooting - so be patient and wait a minute after the reboot.
personally i had to start market 3 times after reboot, before it stopped crashing.

when ure done u will have a Market filled with PLENTY of apps! :)

gunni
2010-12-26, 16:30
I had powerkernel installed and wanted to install NITDROID on my internal EMMC.
NITDROID does not boot with this installation.
*edit*
This helped: http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#Frequent_errors
*edit*
It says "Root filesystem mmcblk1p2 NOT available!"
Old System boots with old kernel (I think that will be just reinstalling the powerkernel).

Some other remarks:

1.Enable all repositories from App manager (Extras-testing, Extras-devel, Extras and the default Nokia)
root
apt-get update
y
y again if it asks again
5.Install the above-mentioned installer, nitdroid-installer_0.2.7_armel.deb by copying it to the N900 and opening it via App manager, it will recognize it as a small update for your installer that you downloaded and installed in the second step.

In Step 5 you say "in the second step" dont you mean "third step"?

root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
mkdir /and

mkdir: cannot create directory '/and': file exists
(I never installed NITdroid before)

The file already looks exactly like this

ammyt
2010-12-26, 16:36
I had powerkernel installed and wanted to install NITDROID on my internal EMMC.
NITDROID does not boot with this installation.
It says "Root filesystem mmcblk1p2 NOT available!"
Old System boots with old kernel (I think that will be just reinstalling the powerkernel).

Some other remarks:

In Step 5 you say "in the second step" dont you mean "third step"?

mkdir: cannot create directory '/and': file exists
(I never installed NITdroid before)
The file already looks exactly like this

Thx for the error reporting, can you find /and in filebox?

mido.fayad
2010-12-26, 16:40

hey

u can use market fix

and u can charge with usb connected to laptop but if u opened android since one hour or more it won't recognize usb for charging and also for UMS

gunni
2010-12-26, 16:51
Thx for the error reporting, can you find /and in filebox?

Yes, /and is there, and i followed the instructions to the end (the only difference is that i used vi not leafpad).
So /and ist already there although i never installed NITdroid before.
Maybe one of the packages created it?

ammyt
2010-12-26, 17:01
perhaps.....

ing005
2010-12-26, 17:28
after i do the Installing NITDroid 0.0.9 to the EMMC:

then i reboot itshow only nitdroid kernel !!

Where is my maemo kernel , please help ??

gunni
2010-12-26, 17:29
Ok, found the fix for the booting problem in the wiki:

gunni
2010-12-26, 17:32
after i do the Installing NITDroid 0.0.9 to the EMMC:

then i reboot itshow only nitdroid kernel !!

Where is my maemo kernel , please help ??

Try if "0" works as default boot.

SalmanAbbas
2010-12-26, 17:44
irst of all thank you ammyt for all ur efforts...i do have one querry to ask...nitdroid runs on 500mhz clock speed even at idle which according to me is pretty high and also i read somewhere that it is dangerous for clock speed to be locked at 500mhz so anyway to bring it down to 250mhz just like in maemo...plz do reply me

thanx in advanace and once again thanx for all ur efforts

Kevstacey
2010-12-26, 17:47
working beautiful now :)

thanks for the guide ammyt :)

ammyt
2010-12-26, 17:49
Nope, being clocked at min 500Mhz is better than at 250Mhz, that is, the cpu quickly finishes all it's tasks and returns to idle, which saves lots of efforts. Nevertheless, just edit the power.conf, and set your highest and lowest clockspeeds.

confusedfella
2010-12-26, 17:52
What do i have to change in file I opened using leafpad?
The code on the first post shows a line of code present in the file. Do I have to change it?

ammyt
2010-12-26, 17:54
What do i have to change in file I opened using leafpad?
The code on the first post shows a line of code present in the file. Do I have to change it?

Yes, if it was ........:$(EXT.....)... change it to ........:$(INT.....)...

ing005
2010-12-26, 18:04
Try if "0" works as default boot.

Thank you so much , i thought i have to falsh my n900 again 555

mathina8
2010-12-26, 18:07
hey man ammyt
i have got NITDroid installer on my N900 i have copied Nitdroid 0.0.9 and Nitdroid's kernel in MyDocs
but i opened xterm when i type this
root
nitdroid
YES
it says

Downloading NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov.tar.bz2....

can you explain why 0.0.8 not 0.0.9???

ing005
2010-12-26, 18:07
Yes, if it was ........:$(EXT.....)... change it to ........:$(INT.....)...

mines already int ?

ammyt
2010-12-26, 18:13
mines already int ?

I said: IF :D

ammyt
2010-12-26, 18:14
hey man ammyt
i have got NITDroid installer on my N900 i have copied Nitdroid 0.0.9 and Nitdroid's kernel in MyDocs
but i opened xterm when i type this
root
nitdroid
YES
it says

Downloading NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov.tar.bz2....

can you explain why 0.0.8 not 0.0.9???

Beacause, the autoinstaller didn't get updated. Bad. :p

SalmanAbbas
2010-12-26, 18:15
Nope, being clocked at min 500Mhz is better than at 250Mhz, that is, the cpu quickly finishes all it's tasks and returns to idle, which saves lots of efforts. Nevertheless, just edit the power.conf, and set your highest and lowest clockspeeds.

even it finishes its tasks it would be still running at 500mhz wouldnt it?
plz excuse my dumbness

confusedfella
2010-12-26, 18:17
last question why does the phone get so hot even when im not using it?

mathina8
2010-12-26, 18:17
solution please :(

ammyt
2010-12-26, 18:19
solution please :(

No problemo, keep the autoinstaller running. Then as you advance in the steps, you will replace Nitdroid 0.0.8 with 0.0.9, withou knooowing it! :p

ammyt
2010-12-26, 18:20
even it finishes its tasks it would be still running at 500mhz wouldnt it?
plz excuse my dumbness

Yes, it will stay @ 500Mhz. I don't think it is bad :cool:.

ammyt
2010-12-26, 18:22
last question why does the phone get so hot even when im not using it?

I dunno, ask it lol. Well this depends on what process/app you were running before you idle your phone, but eventually it will cool down.

ammyt
2010-12-26, 18:23
For all the ppl who installed it:
PLEASE, after installing it, remove your microsd, once booted into Nitdroid, to be certain that it was correctly installed. Nitdroid will NOT boot if there was nothing in the microsd slot, you can put anything in the slot, even empty mmcs, for booting only. Once in Nitdroid, nothing in the mmc slot is required.

mathina8
2010-12-26, 18:24
fine, when it says Downloading NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov.tar.bz2.... is it actually downloading?becuase am sitting dumb from past 30 minutes looking at the screen....

ammyt
2010-12-26, 18:26
fine, when it says Downloading NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov.tar.bz2.... is it actually downloading?becuase am sitting dumb from past 30 minutes looking at the screen....

:eek: Yeah, it is

ing005
2010-12-26, 18:29
yeah , sorry i didn't see if but now i still can't boot without microsd ?

SalmanAbbas
2010-12-26, 18:30
Nevertheless, just edit the power.conf, and set your highest and lowest clockspeeds.

and how to do it? just bear with me one more time

ammyt
2010-12-26, 18:33
and how to do it? just bear with me one more time

As you can see at the end of my first post, I Need Speed!
root

SalmanAbbas
2010-12-26, 18:38
and any ideas on how to multiboot withour microsd...i remember there were some scripts on your fist page on how to do that

Kevstacey
2010-12-26, 18:39
probably answered before, but how do i install .apk's ive downloaded

confusedfella
2010-12-26, 18:43
As you can see at the end of my first post, I Need Speed!
root

when i type that a Blanks leafpad window opens.
edit: File /and is empty

gunni
2010-12-26, 18:49
There seems to be no file /home/system/etc/power.conf There are some files oc-profile-....conf , but dont know if you can just copy one of them to power.conf

rantom
2010-12-26, 19:03
Hmm. I think there's something wrong with the default 0.0.9 installer. I had content in /and before installing 0.0.9 (I had previously uninstalled 0.0.8) but once I rebooted the device to Maemo and rechecked the /and there was nothing. I had to do mkdir for required folders but over/underclocking withtou power.conf is going to be quite tricky, unless I get my hands on at the stock one.

And from quick testing : yes, eMMC is definitely faster than MMC, USB-mode works fine (may have a bit of lag though so be patient), camera doesn't work and yes, you still must've disabled PIN-code asking from Maemo in order to use 2G/3G, otherwise you're stuck on Airplane mode. Also, vibration works just fine.

And as for me, I'm unable to close the device from Android. I get the "Optifying Maemo"/etc and it's stuck (as far as I can tell) on there. Have to force the device to shutdown, heh. No biggy though, I'm willing to reflash and this is WIP-port of Android so.

mathina8
2010-12-26, 19:10
No problemo, keep the autoinstaller running. Then as you advance in the steps, you will replace Nitdroid 0.0.8 with 0.0.9, withou knooowing it! :p

Dude i have successfully installed nitdroid on my phone but as per your post i cannot go further with eith step

its says bzip2: can't open input file NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2: No such file or directory

gunni
2010-12-26, 19:12
Dude i have successfully installed nitdroid on my phone but as per your post i cannot go further with eith step

its says bzip2: can't open input file NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2: No such file or directory

Did you download that file, like said in the same post?

mathina8
2010-12-26, 19:24
Did you download that file, like said in the same post?

yes i downloaded and its in/home/user/ MyDocs

gunni
2010-12-26, 19:33
yes i downloaded and its in/home/user/ MyDocs

And you are in the same directory?

ammyt
2010-12-26, 19:35
Okay, about OC'ing, let me look into this, gonna report tomorrow. It's 10:35 pm an tomorrow's school :(

mathina8
2010-12-26, 19:45
yes buddy
im in the same directory

Fabry
2010-12-26, 20:00
Please someone can post bootargs string from a working Nitdroid.

It's easy to retrieve, you need a terminal (that can be downloaded from Market) in which you will type cat /proc/cmdline

I'm trying to boot without multiboot (using kexec or u-boot) but I need the correct commandline to supply it (modified) to loaded kernel

bob0smith
2010-12-26, 20:43
Let's start:
If you installed Nitdroid 0.0.8 in /home, remove all Nitdroid files from /home partition, by filebox for simplicity, but don't remove maemo files!

So which ones are maemo files and which ones are Android files? Is there a list some place of what to remove? How do we tell which are which?

Edit - from wiki

bin, data, dev, etc (symlink), initrd, lib (symlink), mnt, proc, sbin, sdcard, sys, system, tmp, usr,default.prop, init, init.nokia.rc, init.rc

I'm assuming that the above is the files/dir's in question? Are there any others besides the above or is it just them?

pkubaj
2010-12-26, 21:35
I installed 0.0.9 to eMMC and tried to enable Market. I rebooted like 15 times or so, but it didn't help. So, I tried to reinstall Nitdroid (once again to eMMC). However, even though I downloaded the image 5 times and reformatted Nitdroid partition every time, it always reports that the image is corrupted. I download from downloads.nitdroid.com, i.e. the official site. Do I do some mistake here or the image is wrong (size is the same as on the server)?

ALLEyezOnMe
2010-12-26, 23:18
Got this weird problem here... I did everything till step 9, but when it came to editing the 11(tab) file, it turned out I dont have such a file in that directory. I went there, using filebox and noticed only one .item file, being the 00-Maemo-2.6.28-omap1.item . I tried creating another 11.item file with leafpad and wrote "ITEM_DEVICE=${INT_CARD}p2" without the quotation marks in it and rebooted. Now when Im on the OS selection screen, I only got Maemo as the first option and blank second one. Needless to say, its not booting the second OS. What might be causing this problem. Did I miss something during the installation process? It's the first time I'm installing NITDroid, did not have previous versions installed. Cheers :)

P.S. I forgot to mention, that I dont have a memory stick. Tried to install it on the EMMC.

hidetoshi777
2010-12-26, 23:23
There's the new kernel..

Someone must upgrade the tutorial :D

deny_winarto
2010-12-27, 00:10
I got another problem, i want to install adobe flash 10, but can't find the default file manager:(
So i tried to download Astro, but it keeps saying "your download was unsuccessful" Same thing for the other apps
I can connect the wifi w/o problem and the browser works fine..
Also i've tried the market fix already..
any fix for this?

And i can't play youtube as well :(

kulas
2010-12-27, 00:30
Do i still need to install nitroids power kernel even I didn't OC my N900?

mido.fayad
2010-12-27, 00:43
NEW Kernel is released
http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1006.msg4235#new

RAZOR
2010-12-27, 01:00
So I'm assuming the method on first post works even if there's no microSD card in the slot?

abhirajsoni
2010-12-27, 03:44
how to setup new apn in nitdroid.? and also i am unable to close or go back to the menu. how to do that.?

bhagiratha
2010-12-27, 04:36
I followed the instructions to the T, but the phone part wouldn't work. Android shows that I have T-mobile, but I see no bars. Can't make or receive calls.

Also, when I try to copy the "keypad bin file to" cp filename /and/system/usr/keychars/ ... I get a :path does not exist error

any suggestions ?

skoaa
2010-12-27, 06:48
ok ammyt now i'm going crazy, i tried like 10th times and i have no idea whats wrong: when i get to step 10 bzip2 -d NITDroid bla bla, im getting this massage: can't oen input file Nitdroid...: no such file in directory.
I would really like to install droid on phone memory but what I'm doing wrong? I even try to unziped file NITDroid 009 and 008 too, but it just turn in bilion files.
ammyt, Anyone? help

abhirajsoni
2010-12-27, 06:52
ok ammyt now i'm going crazy, i tried like 10th times and i have no idea whats wrong: when i get to step 10 bzip2 -d NITDroid bla bla, im getting this massage: can't oen input file Nitdroid...: no such file in directory.
I would really like to install droid on phone memory but what I'm doing wrong? I even try to unziped file NITDroid 009 and 008 too, but it just turn in bilion files.
ammyt, Anyone? help

put this file as it is(uncompressed) to /home/user/MyDocs and then run this command. everything was perfect with me.

SalmanAbbas
2010-12-27, 06:57
just one short question...are the instructions on the first page for ppl who have microsd which is required for multiboot or it does not require microsd?

SalmanAbbas
2010-12-27, 07:21
cmon anyine who has installed nitdroid can answer

Minhaz
2010-12-27, 07:44
Also, when I try to copy the "keypad bin file to" cp filename /and/system/usr/keychars/ ... I get a :path does not exist error

any suggestions ?

if u hav followed this guide then ur path is /home/system/usr/keychars/

skoaa
2010-12-27, 08:37
put this file as it is(uncompressed) to /home/user/MyDocs and then run this command. everything was perfect with me.

what do you mean by ''home/user/mydocs'', i don't have anything like thet on my phone? do i have to make something like it and how?

thx

DaReaper
2010-12-27, 10:02
what do you mean by ''home/user/mydocs'', i don't have anything like thet on my phone? do i have to make something like it and how?

thx

That should be /home/user/MyDocs

Noticed the "M" and "D" in caps ?

Try it again hope it helps :D , incase you want to browse through your root you can have Filebox installed

skoaa
2010-12-27, 10:08

Try it again hope it helps :D , incase you want to browse through your root you can have Filebox installed

im still getting same masage

DaReaper
2010-12-27, 10:09
im still getting same masage

Are you trying to copy those 3 files onto your MyDocs ? that is over here : /home/user/MyDocs

I'm not clear at which step you are .

skoaa
2010-12-27, 10:11
should I pulled sd card out before I start doing this?

DaReaper
2010-12-27, 10:15
should I pulled sd card out before I start doing this?

The SD card shouldn't matter if your installing it within your phones internal memory that is the eMMC

pkubaj
2010-12-27, 10:18
I installed 0.0.9 to eMMC and tried to enable Market. I rebooted like 15 times or so, but it didn't help. So, I tried to reinstall Nitdroid (once again to eMMC). However, even though I downloaded the image 5 times and reformatted Nitdroid partition every time, it always reports that the image is corrupted. I download from downloads.nitdroid.com, i.e. the official site. Do I do some mistake here or the image is wrong (size is the same as on the server)?

skoaa
2010-12-27, 10:19

i just instal Filebox and evrithing has a sens. i'll give it a shoot.
thx

moepda
2010-12-27, 10:41
any info on this ?

http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1006.0

new Kernel with APPS-on-SD support.

just rename and replace vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06 in
/boot/multiboot ?

skoaa
2010-12-27, 10:41
its same :(

mathina8
2010-12-27, 11:04
its same :(

i have a same problem i have even booted my fone after when it says succsessfully installed you may reboot to android! after that there was a setting for google account it took ages to verify the account. i pulled out my battery to reboot it again its says android n struck there for ever any one can help??? please or i have to uninstal and reinstall it again ???

mathina8
2010-12-27, 11:21
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs# (from i here i put the NITDroid file 0.0.9) which gives me error of cant open input file what iam doing wrong??

kent_autistic
2010-12-27, 11:53
hi guys, help please..

my n900 is overclocked to power kernel 42.
I followed ammyt's instructions carefully and installed nitdroid installer succesfully
multiboot appeared with two OSs

once i selected nitdroid, the bootscreen with all the scrolling text appeared but then on the bottom the below text came out:

"ANDROID sh: can't acess tty; job turned control off
16.815826 Kernel panic - noot syncing: Attempted to kill init!"

then the screen just stays at that.. it does not start nitdroid. I remove the battery and can still boot maemo. what seems to be the problem?

PS: when i booted back to meamo, my OC is not loading up. i use QBW for auto OC on startup but it says that the kernel is not supported. did nitdroid replace kernel 42?

thanks! happy new year!

confusedfella
2010-12-27, 12:14
i have a same problem i have even booted my fone after when it says succsessfully installed you may reboot to android! after that there was a setting for google account it took ages to verify the account. i pulled out my battery to reboot it again its says android n struck there for ever any one can help??? please or i have to uninstal and reinstall it again ???

Skip this step and set up a google account after you've finished with the tutorial. because since you booted right after it said installation successful you are using 0.0.8 which has this bug.

confusedfella
2010-12-27, 12:15
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs# (from i here i put the NITDroid file 0.0.9) which gives me error of cant open input file what iam doing wrong??

triple check the spelling and remember its case sensitive.

gunni
2010-12-27, 12:27
PS: when i booted back to meamo, my OC is not loading up. i use QBW for auto OC on startup but it says that the kernel is not supported. did nitdroid replace kernel 42?

thanks! happy new year!
You need to install the multiboot packages for power-kernel and reinstall one package. Its written down here somewhere http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC or here http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power

Cant reach it at the moment. But should be something like

apt-get install multiboot-kernel-power
apt-get install --reinstall ...DONT_KNOW_WHICH_ONE_IT_WAS

slewis1972
2010-12-27, 12:36
Hi
I am getting error " root partition not available on mmcblkk1p2" yet multiboot seems to be fine. I though did have nitdroid on microsd card before, but removed it prior to this install.
What have I missed?

Thanks

Scott

abhirajsoni
2010-12-27, 12:39
ok now everything looks stable. market is working fine. i am able to download and install app. from it. the only problem i found is with the browser. it crashes everytime i open it. i have to clear cashe everytime. but no problem, i got another os installed. cheers for N900. and many thanks to developer team :)

abhirajsoni
2010-12-27, 12:43
Hi
I am getting error " root partition not available on mmcblkk1p2" yet multiboot seems to be fine. I though did have nitdroid on microsd card before, but removed it prior to this install.
What have I missed?

Thanks

Scott

i have this problem when i remove micro sdcard. but as i insert it again, everything is perfect and i can boot to android.

confusedfella
2010-12-27, 12:46
Ok guys I figured out how to put in the new kernel.
1.Download the file here http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1006.0
2.rename it to vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06
3.go to /boot/multiboot using filebox and backup the file with the name vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06.
4.finally move the file you just downloaded and renamed to /boot/multiboot.

It worked for me. And if you choose to try it I'm not liable for any issues. try at your own risk.

Changes Ive noticed
1:you can now install apps that wouldnt install before like angrybirds
2:A bit smoother

slewis1972
2010-12-27, 12:56
ok - sorted the mount point out. And am I being lame, when you make calls, what key is the Menu option to disconnect calls?
No matter what I pressed I could not end a call.
Cheers

abhirajsoni
2010-12-27, 13:15
ok - sorted the mount point out. And am I being lame, when you make calls, what key is the Menu option to disconnect calls?
No matter what I pressed I could not end a call.
Cheers

slide key unlock button open the options for any application. but i am also not able to end call. camera button working as the back key. when you little press it, it takes you back and long pressing will show the running applications.

slewis1972
2010-12-27, 13:19
sorry, another issue.

I am trying to access /and from within maemo. I cannot it but I know its there.
Any ideas?

tele
2010-12-27, 13:22
sorry, another issue.

I am trying to access /and from within maemo. I cannot it but I know its there.
Any ideas?

if it's in the emmc then follow this

open up x terminal
type in : mount /home /and

now open up file box and go to /and - you should be able to see all of your files!

if you want to umount /and then do opposite
umount /home / and

gunni
2010-12-27, 13:29
if it's in the emmc then follow this

open up x terminal
type in : mount /home /and

now open up file box and go to /and - you should be able to see all of your files!

if you want to umount /and then do opposite
umount /home / and

unmount /and

should be enough and dont unmount / :)

slewis1972
2010-12-27, 13:38
ah, cheers. Worked a treat.

rantom
2010-12-27, 13:58
slide key unlock button open the options for any application. but i am also not able to end call. camera button working as the back key. when you little press it, it takes you back and long pressing will show the running applications.

You can set the power-key to end calls from Settings - Call settings.

On the topic itself : in my opinion, these instructions should be moved to the Wiki. This way anyone can update the steps. For example, now we are just waiting for the OP to add the kernel-update method (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=905251&postcount=607) to the first post instead of adding it by ourselves. Whether it goes to the Maemo.org's Wiki or the NITDroid's own one, that's up to the poster. I'd do this but I'm not interested on doing it.

ammyt
2010-12-27, 14:02
sorry i forgot to add that you'll have to mount /home /and. How stupid am I :p

ammyt
2010-12-27, 15:08
I'm probably not going to answer queries today folks :( I have a physics gcse exam tom :mad:, but I managed to update the first post :D

s.khiwani
2010-12-27, 15:11
Alpha-numeric Keyboard FIX:
Very annoying problem is gone...
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/omap_twl4030keypad.kcm.bin
1.Download this file to ./MyDocs
2.On Xterm:
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cp filename /and/system/usr/keychars/

I Need Speed!:
Overclocking, that nice benefitial mod that makes your lives easier is so easy in Nitdroid. Basically OC'ing is done by editing power.conf:
mount /home /and
The file will speak to you itself, it is so clear. BTW mido.fayad's Nitdroid archive will include a ready-made OC gui app for Nitdroid :D.

Hey Bro,

I tried using the above said method for Numeric Keypad but it says:
" No as such diretory there" the command i followed was:
root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cp omap_twl4030keypad.kcm.bin /and/system/usr/keychars/

The error comes if I remove .bin ext as well

n I also tried to boost up the speed while using Leafpad but got a blankfile so please do advise what I need to put there in the file or i need to some more tricks .. I am experiencing the OS is too slow.

even the config i have done on maemo has gone for overclocking ..
Manually where the limits I adjusted as a default profile was 250 1150 it has been removed after installing Nitdroid.

Now if do check kernel-config show >>>> it says reinstall the kernel.

please do advise wht to do.

Regards
Sahil

kent_autistic
2010-12-27, 15:11
You need to install the multiboot packages for power-kernel and reinstall one package. Its written down here somewhere http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC or here http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power

Cant reach it at the moment. But should be something like

apt-get install multiboot-kernel-power
apt-get install --reinstall ...DONT_KNOW_WHICH_ONE_IT_WAS

thanks gunni! but does this fix apply to the OCd maemo only or to the start up of nitdroid as well? as you can see my original problem (post #600) was that nitdroid is not starting up.

sorry im noobish :)

ammyt
2010-12-27, 15:15
BTW I installed the same Nitdroid 0.0.9 on my N900 via repartitioning my MyDocs and created 2 new partitions, 1 dedicated for Nitdroid, and the other for, I don't know, something else :D. Is anyone in here adventorous to try it out? It is not nooby and requires fdisk, but I can help as much as possible, obviously not today. Shall I add the instructions to the first page?

ammyt
2010-12-27, 15:16
Hey Bro,

I tried using the above said method for Numeric Keypad but it says:
" No as such diretory there" the command i followed was:
root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cp omap_twl4030keypad.kcm.bin /and/system/usr/keychars/

The error comes if I remove .bin ext as well

n I also tried to boost up the speed while using Leafpad but got a blankfile so please do advise what I need to put there in the file or i need to some more tricks .. I am experiencing the OS is too slow.

even the config i have done on maemo has gone for overclocking ..
Manually where the limits I adjusted as a default profile was 250 1150 it has been removed after installing Nitdroid.

Now if do check kernel-config show >>>> it says reinstall the kernel.

please do advise wht to do.

Regards
Sahil

sorry about that, before running the commands:
mount /home /and

confusedfella
2010-12-27, 15:17
sorry i forgot to add that you'll have to mount /home /and. How stupid am I :p

it gives a blank page when I type leafpad /and/system/etc/power.conf
and yes I did mount /and

anyways see my earlier post I managed to use the new kernel for 0.0.9

ammyt
2010-12-27, 15:38
I tried something out. In Nitdroid 0.0.9, power.conf was removed, now I'm guided to do something to OC. I'll see what happens with me and report back. "Gosh I need to study :("

ammyt
2010-12-27, 15:46
okay, things got different a lil bit in xMasdroid. In /and/system/etc/ you will find 4 different oc profiles. Keep the one that you want, and delete the other 3. Simple, right? BTW the file that you kept can also be "leafpaded", got me? :)

s.khiwani
2010-12-27, 15:52
sorry about that, before running the commands:
mount /home /and

Thanks ammyt, It worked for me...But I m sorry troubling you on ur exam day.. First wish a very best of luck.. for ur exam..

My another prbs are like

what about powe.confg file. which limit i need to put as there is nothing showing in the file its blank.

n I'm not able to make calls yet.. will u please guide me how to copy the new kernel in /boot/multiboot

And please check my last post on which i have talked about Maemo Overclocking as well..

please share the steps...

Regards
Sahil

ripper_sevenfold
2010-12-27, 15:57
help!!
i tryed to install nitdroid to my emmc but i couldnt pass the 1st step mkdir /and it says cannot creat file something like that the file already exsist i skiped to 2nd step same

same with me.. :(

rahularora21
2010-12-27, 16:17
I just did a final edit and check-up to the wiki,--
-- to gladly anounce that e-yes and the elite Nitdroid team just released Nitdroid 0.0.9 codenamed: xMasDroid. Since this is just a minor update to 0.0.8, the instructions of installing it will only be posted here, nothing will travel to the wiki till the awaited Gingerbread is released :D.
As for the instructions, I would like to thank to mido.fayad and tele for contributing:

Changelog:
http://nitdroid.com/index.php?title=Changelog

Let's start:

Files to be downloaded:
Nitdroid 0.0.9:
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2
Copy it to:
/home/user/MyDocs

Nitdroid's kernel
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/nitinstaller/Packages/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb
Copy it to:
/home/user/MyDocs

Nitdroid installer
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/nitinstaller/nitdroid-installer_0.2.7_armel.deb

Copy it to:
/home/user/MyDocs

Installing NITDroid 0.0.9 to the EMMC:
root
apt-get update
y
y again if it asks again
5.Install the above-mentioned installer, nitdroid-installer_0.2.7_armel.deb by copying it to the N900 and opening it via App manager, it will recognize it as a small update for your installer that you downloaded and installed in the third step.
root
nitdroid
YES
7.After NITDroid ends installation (20 minutes on 70 kb/s download speed) don't yet reboot your phone to NITDroid! Tap the drop down top menu in X Terminal and click new and close the one before (the one that said NITDroid was successfully installed)
root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
cd /
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11 (then tap the tab button on xteem's screen)
11.Later on, you can format your microsd NOT IN YOUR N900 to enjoy a regular mmc card like all other mmcs.

Fixes:
Great fixes are included in 0.0.9, including airplane mode, wifi fix, and google sign in. In addition, some users reported that the app market already needs no fixes, but not with me, so let's keep this fix here. More fixes are included in the wiki if you needed them.

Alpha-numeric Keyboard FIX:
Very annoying problem is gone...
1.Download this file to ./MyDocs
2.On Xterm:
mount /home /and
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cp "filename" /and/system/usr/keychars/
APP Market Fix:
1.Open the Market app (from the Home screen or app launcher)
2.Leaving the Market app running, return to the Home screen and open the Settings app again
2.Within Settings select Applications → Manage applications → Running (from Tab at top)
4.Scroll to select the Market app → press the Clear Cache button → then press the Force Stop button (Do not press the Clear Data button)
5.Press the back button (to go back to the list of running apps)
6.Scroll to select Google Services Framework → press the Clear Data button → OK (to confirm) → then press the Force Stop button
7.Return to the Home screen
8.Launch the Market app again, which will give an error "Attention an error has occurred..." → OK button
9.Shutdown by holding power button → Power Off → OK
10.Restart, wait for wi-fi to reconnect, open Market again (You may have to reboot several times and check Market)
The opening Market screen should no longer be blank, and many more apps (free & paid) should now be available. (Although apps can be downloaded, a few may still fail to install or run properly).

I Need Speed!:
mount /home /and
when can we expect to be able to make calls from nitdroid???

s.khiwani
2010-12-27, 16:27
Ok guys I figured out how to put in the new kernel.
1.Download the file here http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1006.0
2.rename it to vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06
3.go to /boot/multiboot using filebox and backup the file with the name vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06.
4.finally move the file you just downloaded and renamed to /boot/multiboot.

It worked for me. And if you choose to try it I'm not liable for any issues. try at your own risk.

Changes Ive noticed
1:you can now install apps that wouldnt install before like angrybirds
2:A bit smoother

Can yu please guide me with the steps plz...m nt able to receive n mke calls

Regards
Sahil

tele
2010-12-27, 16:34
Can yu please guide me with the steps plz...m nt able to receive n mke calls

Regards
Sahil

this has been answered millions of times... why dont people use the search function?
you cant make calls, the other person cant hear you. Its still under development

s.khiwani
2010-12-27, 16:39
this has been answered millions of times... why dont people use the search function?
you cant make calls, the other person cant hear you. Its still under development

Tele Bro,

I searched and.. seen some ppl got this function done in the same post.. but updating new kernel.. thats why i asked.. I m new to development so thats the reason man.. more over being into Human Resorucing function .. I need to time understand the development part man.

Need support.. for the same.. hope u can understand...more if u see my other post on this thread as well I asked for overclocking manually.. for both maemo and nitdroid.. so even i am expecting u ppl help.. so do the hornor for helping the new kids...

Regards
Sahil

tele
2010-12-27, 16:44
Tele Bro,

I searched and.. seen some ppl got this function done in the same post.. but updating new kernel.. thats why i asked.. I m new to development so thats the reason man.. more over being into Human Resorucing function .. I need to time understand the development part man.

Need support.. for the same.. hope u can understand...more if u see my other post on this thread as well I asked for overclocking manually.. for both maemo and nitdroid.. so even i am expecting u ppl help.. so do the hornor for helping the new kids...

Regards
Sahil

new kernel only helps android to install apps from the market! also speeds it up a bit!
if you need instructions let me know :)

DaReaper
2010-12-27, 16:51
when can we expect to be able to make calls from nitdroid???

Everyone right now expects the basic features like Call and SMS to work , well the developers are working really hard to get things going :D so .. hopefully maybe things gets sorted out in Gingerbread .... That's what i think :)

s.khiwani
2010-12-27, 16:51
new kernel only helps android to install apps from the market! also speeds it up a bit!
if you need instructions let me know :)

Yaa that would be much help ful.. and do update me the steps for bossting the speed of device using Maemo and android as well coz I tried manually in Maemo before Nitdroid and worked but once i Installed Nitdroid... its again on the same note.. no overclocking..

i used to see the overclocking limit by using kernel-config show command..

but says need to reinstall kernel power...

please.. guide.

regards

sahil

s.khiwani
2010-12-27, 16:52
Everyone right now expects the basic features like Call and SMS to work , well the developers are working really hard to get things going :D so .. hopefully maybe things gets sorted out in Gingerbread .... That's what i think :)

Hoping soo.. even also waiting for first official realease of Meego from the community for end users as well..

Regards
Sahil

slewis1972
2010-12-27, 16:56
Anyone know if there is away to access the emmc so I can play the music in Mydocs instead of having them duplicated?

M00NB34M
2010-12-27, 16:58
Right,

Running nitdroid, it installs the Kernel, then can't find mmcblk1, which obviously is the MMC, cos funnily enough i dont have one!

Is this normal though?

I mean everything seemed to install when running nitdroid, but that step didn't like me!

AND, running tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar okay, and its giving me an error along the lines of:

tar : Cannot create directory 'system/lib/dsp" : No such file or directory.

Any ideas??

BTW AMMYT GOOD LUCK in your exam! Im sure you'll ace it :D

s.khiwani
2010-12-27, 17:07
Hey Tele,

Please share the steps.. I'm just waiting for your reply...
I installed File Box even reached on /boot/multiboot/ as well

tick the file there as well but dont know what to do next.

Seeking ur help.

Regards
Sahil

rantom
2010-12-27, 17:08
okay, things got different a lil bit in xMasdroid. In /and/system/etc/ you will find 4 different oc profiles. Keep the one that you want, and delete the other 3. Simple, right? BTW the file that you kept can also be "leafpaded", got me? :)

Well I, for one, don't have anything under /and. I had to create sub-folder(s) for it with mkdir, otherwise it's empty.

tele
2010-12-27, 17:11
Yaa that would be much help ful.. and do update me the steps for bossting the speed of device using Maemo and android as well coz I tried manually in Maemo before Nitdroid and worked but once i Installed Nitdroid... its again on the same note.. no overclocking..

i used to see the overclocking limit by using kernel-config show command..

but says need to reinstall kernel power...

please.. guide.

regards

sahil

firstly if you cant overclock follow this:
open xterminal and type

root
then
apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power kernel-power-flasher
apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power-bootimg kernel-power-modules
apt-get install --reinstall multiboot-kernel-power

run all three.
restart the phone and you should be able to overclock after that and the command should work which wasnt working for you.

to install the latest kernel :
download the kernel from
http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/zImage

I used file box to view and copy the files over. Download the new kernel and place it in MyDocs using the usb cable.
now open up filebox and copy the zImage and go to /boot/multiboot then rename the file already their to vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06.old and rename the new one to the same name but without .old vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06

another patch for keyboard (numbers now work)

place it in MyDocs using usb.

then go into xterminal and type in
mount /home /and
close it then open up file box.
copy the file and go to /and/system/usr/keychars/ and paste it there. (overwrite)

good luck

s.khiwani
2010-12-27, 17:13
Well I, for one, don't have anything under /and. I had to create sub-folder(s) for it with mkdir, otherwise it's empty.

Follow instructions on this link.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=905251&postcount=607

Rantom,

I'm standing on the same page.. as I'm unable to do the backup of the file n not able to understand where to put as I'm already able to see the file in /boot/multiboot/

what to rename where to move.. not able to understand...thats why requesting "TELE" for the same..

regards

sahil

s.khiwani
2010-12-27, 17:17
open xterminal and type

root
then

run all three.
restart the phone and you should be able to overclock after that and the command should work which wasnt working for you.

download the kernel from

I used file box to view and copy the files over. Download the new kernel and place it in MyDocs using the usb cable.
now open up filebox and copy the zImage and go to /boot/multiboot then rename the file already their to vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06.old and rename the new one to the same name but without .old vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06

mount /home /and
copy the file and go to /and/system/usr/keychars/ and paste it there. (overwrite)

good luck

Thanks bro, I m gonna do the same, I hope installing kernel will not remove Installed Nitdroid.??

Rest I'm doing it right away will just post the results.. in few mins...

Thanks a ton brother...

tele
2010-12-27, 17:20
Thanks bro, I m gonna do the same, I hope installing kernel will not remove Installed Nitdroid.??

Rest I'm doing it right away will just post the results.. in few mins...

Thanks a ton brother...

it wont remove nitdroid and make sure you start from the top to bottom. and dont skip any steps ;)

DaReaper
2010-12-27, 17:22
Rantom,

I'm standing on the same page.. as I'm unable to do the backup of the file n not able to understand where to put as I'm already able to see the file in /boot/multiboot/

what to rename where to move.. not able to understand...thats why requesting "TELE" for the same..

regards

sahil

Just Copy/Paste in another folder the old Kernel file in /boot/multiboot which has the name vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06

Or

You can rename the old kernel to vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06.old and then upload the new Kernel by downloading from the location Tele had pointed out

s.khiwani
2010-12-27, 17:27
Thanks Brothers.. That was a great help.. Now I can say I'm in the safe hands..:D

I appreciate your valuable inputs..Thanks alot guys.. Sorry One more question .. I know I do bug alot but what to do you guys are too good ;) Can i format my sd card in my pc after doing all these things.. and doing so wont wipe the Nitdroid as "ammt" said in the first post of the thread...

Regards

Sahil K

tele
2010-12-27, 17:32
Thanks Brothers.. That was a great help.. Now I can say I'm in the safe hands..:D

I appreciate your valuable inputs..Thanks alot guys.. Sorry One more question .. I know I do bug alot but what to do you guys are too good ;) Can i format my sd card in my pc after doing all these things.. and doing so wont wipe the Nitdroid as "ammt" said in the first post of the thread...

Regards

Sahil K

yes you can. it wont remove nitdroid as you've moved it to mmc :D

s.khiwani
2010-12-27, 17:36
Thanks bro.. now i m gonna do the task.. wish me luck.. :D then i will come back to know about overclocking the android.. heheheheh

ammyt
2010-12-27, 17:58
K now, I'm heading to sleep now. Tele's got the job, thanks to him. @M00NB34M, this means alot to me, thanks.

p.s. I hate physics :D

s.khiwani
2010-12-27, 18:03
open xterminal and type

root
then

run all three.

download the kernel from

mount /home /and

good luck

Hey Brother,

I run every three commands step by step for kernel and restarted the device then three option comes
1. Meamo
2. Memo Power kernel
3. Nitdroid

after clicking on 1st option n then tried to overclock manually by typing the command

sudo gainroot
kernel-config load lv
n then this error comes "this kernel version 2.6.28-omapl is not supported. If you installed reboot again. To reinstall apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power kernel-power-flasher

What does it mean..?

Regards

Sahil

s.khiwani
2010-12-27, 18:08
kindly ignore last post the solution has come after choosing 2nd option..

It has been overclocked.. i have choosen value min. 250 and max 1150.

I hope that means the device has been overclocked with 1.15 GHZ

Regards
Sahil

tele
2010-12-27, 18:18
kindly ignore last post the solution has come after choosing 2nd option..

It has been overclocked.. i have choosen value min. 250 and max 1150.

I hope that means the device has been overclocked with 1.15 GHZ

Regards
Sahil

yes you have. Congrats. You have successfully overclocked it!
if it gets too warm please decrease the speed!

skoaa
2010-12-27, 20:05
hi tele,
how to move nitdroid to emmc. i have nitd8 on my card and i followed tutorial steps like 10 times both nitd8 and nitd9 but im getting same message over n over again: 'no such a file or directory' :(
thx

tele
2010-12-27, 20:10
hi tele,
how to move nitdroid to emmc. i have nitd8 on my card and i followed tutorial steps like 10 times both nitd8 and nitd9 but im getting same message over n over again: 'no such a file or directory' :(
thx

can you explain it a bit more. after which step do you get the error?

skoaa
2010-12-27, 20:14
well, becouse i have it on a card, i would start from step 7 and on step and when I get to step #10 bzip2... ther is a mesage waiting for me

skoaa
2010-12-27, 20:29
do u know what i mean?

tele
2010-12-27, 20:30
do u know what i mean?

yes, im just messaging you the steps, as it would fill up this page!

skoaa
2010-12-27, 20:51
how to uninstall one that I have?
sorry and thx

tele
2010-12-27, 20:53
it's easy and simple
http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=84.0

and go to Uninstall How To section :D

kent_autistic
2010-12-27, 21:16
I uninstalled and reinstalled then finally got nitdroid working!

It's a bit laggy but I think OCing will do the trick.

Appmarket crashes whenever I open it thus I am unable to do the fix instructed by Ammyt. Any advise on how to fix this?

Also, i booted back to maemo to reinstall the OC kernel as instructed in the first post, the reinstall went smoothly, i rebooted, then kernel46 (second on the list) appeared in the multiboot list. I selected maemo omap (the first one on the list). I tried OCing in xterminal but still it prompts me to reinstall the kernels. Should i select kernel46 from the multiboot list?

Thanks in advance guys :)

J4ZZ
2010-12-27, 21:29
Could anyone explain to me why the folder /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads is deleted after nitdroid got installed. Or could it possibly be that the whole MyDocs partition gets formated during the NITDROID install!? Because other folders where missing too here. :(

:cheers:

..::J4ZZ::..

ablakucek
2010-12-27, 21:30
hello all

i really wanted to have android in my n900

but i have failed for 3 times in process

can someone help me to send step by step (in detail) ??

this is my condition:
-i have no memory card
-installed kernel 46
-FW PR1.3

pleeaaasseeee.. :(

Abemelek
2010-12-27, 21:31
open xterminal and type

root
then

run all three.

download the kernel from

mount /home /and

good luck

After I did that, I'm unable to boot in to NitDroid

skoaa
2010-12-27, 21:37
i get to this step ''apt-get install --reinstall multiboot-kernel-power'' but massage is E:com. line option -- reinstall -multiboot-kernel-power is not understood

skoaa
2010-12-27, 21:41
sorry, my bad

tele
2010-12-27, 21:43
After I did that, I'm unable to boot in to NitDroid

Are you receiving any error? If so what?

cuffy1
2010-12-27, 21:46
" open up filebox and navigate to where you copied the kernel and copy the zImage.
Now navigate to /boot/multiboot. There should be a file here called vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06. Rename it to vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06.old.
Paste the xImage and rename it to vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06.

Now you have the latest kernel installed!"
i install new kernel but when i boot to nitdroid it says can't flash kernel,i did all steps the correct way????

skoaa
2010-12-27, 21:47
tele,
im in etc/multiboot.d, ad there is 3 nitdroid files but there is no ITEM_DEVICE=${EXT_CARD}p2 to correct????

tele
2010-12-27, 21:48
Cuffy1
Are you sure you renamed the file correctly?? Please go to first page and follow the steps properly on how to install the new kernel

tele
2010-12-27, 21:50
Skoaa
There are 3 files. 2 of them should be maemo whereas 1 of them will have nitdroid in its name
Highlight the nitdroid file and edit it with notepad or leafpad...
When it will open, you should be able to that inside that file when in editing mode

Abemelek
2010-12-27, 21:52
Are you receiving any error? If so what?

It gives no error, before I used to have only 2 options, 1 for mameo and 2 for nitdroid. but now I have 3 which the first 2 are for maemo and the 3rd one being nitdroid. After i choose 3, it restarts and the gives me the options again.

tele
2010-12-27, 21:57
It gives no error, before I used to have only 2 options, 1 for mameo and 2 for nitdroid. but now I have 3 which the first 2 are for maemo and the 3rd one being nitdroid. After i choose 3, it restarts and the gives me the options again.

Sounds like a kernel issue...
Well, I don't think that you followed the instructions properly.
Go to first page and follow the instructions again on installing the new kernel... it wouldn't take much time but make sure that you rename the file properly.

skoaa
2010-12-27, 22:01
tele
inside of etc/multiboot.d are folder with name examples, file 01-Maemo;kernel-power46.item an file readme. when I open folder example there is 3 maemo files with no nitdroid in it (2 are power and 1 is omap) and 3 Nitdroid files

cuffy1
2010-12-27, 22:15
tele
i took a screenshot of what i did but dont knw how to upload,i can email it for help?

tele
2010-12-27, 22:16
it should be outside the examples folder and inide multiboot.d

mine looks like this
11-NITDroid-mmcblk0p2-2.6.28.NIT.06.item
01-Maemo-kernel-power46.item
README
examples

are you sure you ran the commands for the kernel in xterminal??

tele
2010-12-27, 22:20
@cuffy1
ive just emailed you email address

skoaa
2010-12-27, 22:21
yeah im sure
but just in case, i'll start from begging once more and I'll let u know
thx tele

tele
2010-12-27, 22:22
yh go on... but do it in the exact order!
as i think something went wrong in the order which you did in...

skoaa
2010-12-27, 22:49
its seams theat i didnt update last time

skoaa
2010-12-27, 23:11
now looks like this:
examples
00-Maemo-2.6.28-omap1.item
01-Maemo-kernel-power46.item

skoaa
2010-12-27, 23:12
lust one is
README

tele
2010-12-27, 23:15
lust one is
README

give me two min and i will post the instructions on what to do next...

ablakucek
2010-12-27, 23:15
hello all

this is my condition:
-i have no memory card
-installed kernel 46
-FW PR1.3

pleeaaasseeee..

tele
2010-12-27, 23:19
skoaa
open up terminal and type these

root
cd /and
after this go to multiboot.d and tell me the outcome

dont forget to root

ablakucek
2010-12-27, 23:23
hello all

this is my condition:
-i have no memory card
-installed kernel 46
-FW PR1.3

pleeaaasseeee..

Nokia 5700
2010-12-27, 23:45
This new version won't start... it gets stuck because somehow, the files /system/bin/mediaserver and /system/bin/dbus-daemon get "Permission denied".
It gets into an infinite loop where it attempts to start them, but fails, and kills the PIDs and retries.
I have checked all kinds of permissions and they're okay. (Execution, owner and group, pretty much it.)

Fabry
2010-12-27, 23:48
Please someone can post bootargs string from a working Nitdroid.

It's easy to retrieve, you need a terminal (that can be downloaded from Market) in which you will type cat /proc/cmdline

I'm trying to boot without multiboot (using kexec or u-boot) but I need the correct commandline to supply it (modified) to loaded kernel

none can provide this information ?

To retrieve it root access on Android it's also needed

skoaa
2010-12-27, 23:51
e tele
im trying n trying but all im getting is: no such file or directory, errors were encountered while processing
???

tele
2010-12-28, 00:23
e tele
im trying n trying but all im getting is: no such file or directory, errors were encountered while processing
???

did you copy the kernel file at the start to MyDocs?? because to me it looks like you didnt copy the file and you missed out that part when installing nitdroid. thats why it doesnt show that .item file.

skoaa
2010-12-28, 00:37
no i didn't copy anything. i don't know which step is that?

skoaa
2010-12-28, 00:41
r u tallking about this
HOW TO INSTALL NITDROID 0.0.9 XMAS FOR NOOBS
and all steps in this post?
if its so, ill have to start from beginning

skoaa
2010-12-28, 00:46
i see now, im so stupid :) not to see 5th post under your Nome. sorry for your trouble, tele.
sould I do all 8 steps or...?

ablakucek
2010-12-28, 00:47
r u tallking about this
and all steps in this post?
if its so, ill have to start from beginning

yes, but i just confused about the with or without Memory Card
i dont have any External Memory Card
wich one the right step in my case (no MMC, kernel 46)..?

cuffy1
2010-12-28, 01:13
[QUOTE=cuffy1;905584]" open up filebox and navigate to where you copied the kernel and copy the zImage.
Now navigate to /boot/multiboot. There should be a file here called vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06. Rename it to vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06.old.
Paste the xImage and rename it to vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06.
Now you have the latest kernel installed!"

i install new kernel but when i boot to nitdroid it says can't flash kernel,i did all steps the correct way????

i got new kernel to work now, have to leave out the (dot) after typing zero six

skoaa
2010-12-28, 02:24
tele
ok im gettin same problem as before ; when i get to the 6th step and have to bzip2 nitdroid.009, im getting this message; no such file or directory. is it possible that problem is cosed by me not removing uboot or bootmenu (i dont know if i have them and how to find them) or file nitdroid 009 is broken?????????????

TMavica
2010-12-28, 04:48
I got a problem install in EMMC in the latest first post.
I cant boot into nitdroid without SD card, stop at loading ext3 and comes a rootsystem error....
But if I insert a SD card, it works fine.
I have checked the multiboot settings, is set to INT P2, or P5, it also not OK.

what is the problem I faced? please help, many thx!!

DaReaper
2010-12-28, 04:53
tele
ok im gettin same problem as before ; when i get to the 6th step and have to bzip2 nitdroid.009, im getting this message; no such file or directory. is it possible that problem is cosed by me not removing uboot or bootmenu (i dont know if i have them and how to find them) or file nitdroid 009 is broken?????????????

You should try this : bzip2 -d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2

You can only bzip2 a file which has been compressed using .tar.bz2 extention , oh and see that you've placed this file in MyDocs and recheck what you've type many times

agdroubi
2010-12-28, 05:01
i completed almost all steps but the step about leafpad is not working. i also searched using filebox and i coundnt find the file 11 in mutiboot.
What is my problem??

skoaa
2010-12-28, 05:10
ok DaReaper those are instraction im following n as u can see nitdroid is the same as u mentioned. and im trying to be careful off corse. thx much
6. Open x-term and do this:
sudo gainroot
mkdir /and
mount /home /and
apt-get install multiboot multiboot-kernel-power bzip2
cd /home/user/MyDocs
cd /and
exit
root
umount /and
exit

TMavica
2010-12-28, 05:20
I got a problem install in EMMC in the latest first post.
I cant boot into nitdroid without SD card, stop at loading ext3 and comes a rootsystem error....
But if I insert a SD card, it works fine.
I have checked the multiboot settings, is set to INT P2, or P5, it also not OK.

what is the problem I faced? please help, many thx!!

Fixed self...changed to mmcblk0p2

skoaa
2010-12-28, 05:51
now i have to partitions maemo and one cant flash and asks for guru help
any suggestions?

skoaa
2010-12-28, 05:55
i meant i have two partitions

ottoman
2010-12-28, 06:16
easiest way to do with WinSCP
Maemo use 1150 mhz ))

filebox problem

peacekeper
2010-12-28, 06:41
i just want to know why is so freaking hard to install nitdroid? gosh !!!!!men i have been almost all night doing this, and so far i just managed to install the 0.0.8 version and right now is like big fight trying to install the 0.0.9. but definetely i wont sleep if i have to do it, until its installed, no matter ithat in 3 hours i have i very very long trip driving.

peacekeper
2010-12-28, 07:03
directYou should try this : bzip2 -d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2

You can only bzip2 a file which has been compressed using .tar.bz2 extention , oh and see that you've placed this file in MyDocs and recheck what you've type many times

i have downloaded the file arround 3 times already and copied to the home /user/ blablabla directory, but when i open the ex -term and type the bzip2 -d and all the rest, there is message telling me that the file is corrupted any idea what it could be?

skoaa
2010-12-28, 07:27
peacekeper :) im trying for 3 days now

skoaa
2010-12-28, 07:34
peace, have u install n8 on sd card or emmc?

peacekeper
2010-12-28, 07:34
skoaa man that is a real fight!!!!!!!!!

peacekeper
2010-12-28, 07:36
its installed on emmc

skoaa
2010-12-28, 07:49
how did u intall n8 on emmc. sand me a link

peacekeper
2010-12-28, 08:02
i followed the instrsuctions of page 1 of this topic, and during the procces i had no problems at all, but right now as i told u i am on the step to update from 0.0.8 to 0.0.9 this wha is driving me crazy

Installing NITDroid 0.0.9 to the EMMC:

Code:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install nitdroid-installer y
y again if it asks again
5.Install the above-mentioned installer, nitdroid-installer_0.2.7_armel.deb by copying it to the N900 and opening it via App manager, it will recognize it as a small update for your installer that you downloaded and installed in the third step.

Code:
root
nitdroid YES

skoaa
2010-12-28, 08:51
what about step one 1.Enable all repositories from App manager (Extras-testing, Extras-devel, Extras and the default Nokia) how do you default n900?

tele
2010-12-28, 09:43
@Skoaa
you're not typing the command properly!
it is case sensitive. capitals should be capital

have you copied the files to your phone using the usb cable? you would only get that error because either theres a spelling mistake or the files are not there!

@ottoman
go into filebox setting and turn on root...

@TMavica
Good to hear it worked :D

svinz
2010-12-28, 10:53
Hi,
Awesome post. I managed to have the Nitdroid installed and able to boot Android. Quite excited to use it more ... However need a couple of clarifications
- I am not able to hear anything when I called my friend. All I knew was that the phone is dialling. Need help here.
- FB and Twitter seem to be unstable. They are closing out almost immediately when I open them. How do I set this right ?

Looking to get this sorted soon and start using the Android OS

Cheers,
svinz

tele
2010-12-28, 11:21
Hi,
Awesome post. I managed to have the Nitdroid installed and able to boot Android. Quite excited to use it more ... However need a couple of clarifications
- I am not able to hear anything when I called my friend. All I knew was that the phone is dialling. Need help here.
- FB and Twitter seem to be unstable. They are closing out almost immediately when I open them. How do I set this right ?

Looking to get this sorted soon and start using the Android OS

Cheers,
svinz

This has been answered so many times...
I will repeat my self again. The phone is not working. Nitdroid is without phone for now. It may start working in the later version but not in this version.
Secondly. Twitter is working fine for me.. I also have the widget on the home screen and that is working fine aswell.
Try restarting you phone and see if that helps :)

tele
2010-12-28, 11:34
For people who said why their phone stops charging when the screen off?
Here is the solution:

You have to keep the phone awake while on charge. To do this go to Settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake

svinz
2010-12-28, 11:52
This has been answered so many times...
I will repeat my self again. The phone is not working. Nitdroid is without phone for now. It may start working in the later version but not in this version.
Secondly. Twitter is working fine for me.. I also have the widget on the home screen and that is working fine aswell.
Try restarting you phone and see if that helps :)
@tele - Thanks ... Will try it out now :) Hadn't been able to read all the pages and must have skipped it.

pitiusillo
2010-12-28, 13:13
in step 9 that I need to change that?
thanks.

tele
2010-12-28, 13:23
in step 9 that I need to change that?
thanks.

Yes you need to change the EXT to INT

Missingbyte
2010-12-28, 13:31
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11 (then tap the tab button on xteem's screen)

In these last steps when I perform the the leafpad command it opens a blank document, is this normal ?

For me im finding this version much more slower than it did in 0.0.8, it could be from me manual installing.

tele
2010-12-28, 13:34
In these last steps when I perform the the leafpad command it opens a blank document, is this normal ?

For me im finding this version much more slower than it did in 0.0.8, it could be from me manual installing.

In this case. You could install filebox from the app manager.
After installing openup filebox, go to settings and turn on root.

Then go to /etc/multiboot.d
Find the file with nitdroid in it. Highlight the file and edit it

Then change the EXT to INT

Good luck

pitiusillo
2010-12-28, 13:39
thanks, but opening leafpad already changed. is that correct?

tele
2010-12-28, 13:44
thanks, but opening the aditor already changed. is that correct?

then thats great.
try booting into nitdroid and see if it boots up :D

pitiusillo
2010-12-28, 13:46
then I do not need saving? Leafpad close and restart with the keyboard open?

Killahgold
2010-12-28, 13:47
So I got nitdroid installed and multiboot working, but when trying to boot into nitdroid, it hangs @ adb open. This is after the " ANDROID" appears on the screen, followed by a bunch of system files not found. What am I doing wrong. Whats funny is that I got it to boot once, but that was after I tried to boot it without a sdcard. I got the "guru" error, put the card back in, booted again, and it worked.

leetut
2010-12-28, 13:49
if i follow the guide on post 1 will it wipe my memory card like it did 6 months ago when i tried this?
and will i still be able to over clock maemo, cos i couldnt last time i tried even with all the fixes and advice people gave me?

tele
2010-12-28, 13:58
@pitiusillo
yes just close it and restart you phone with your keyboard open!

@leetut
looks like you have your phone overclocked. You have the same case as me.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459&page=48 (5th post)
follow each step carefully. your memory card wont be formatted.
after all those steps, dont restart the phone. go to the first page and follow For people who have lost their overclock in maemo after installing nitdroid.
good luck. nothing will be deleted. Make sure you backup just in case

dannydj
2010-12-28, 14:00

try /etc/multiboot.d/1* and not 11

pitiusillo
2010-12-28, 14:04
android running!! greatl!
but kernel power 46 lost!

tele
2010-12-28, 14:12
android running!! greatl!
but kernel power 46 lost!

go on first page and follow :For people who have lost their overclock in maemo after installing nitdroid. :D

Missingbyte
2010-12-28, 14:21
In this case. You could install filebox from the app manager.
After installing openup filebox, go to settings and turn on root.

Then go to /etc/multiboot.d
Find the file with nitdroid in it. Highlight the file and edit it

Then change the EXT to INT

Good luck

Well used filebox to find the file clicked edit and for somereason it is already set to internal, but when i remove the sd card i get the panic message.

Well think i'll wait again for Gingerbread and a auto installer thanks for you help ;)

tele
2010-12-28, 14:24
Well used filebox to find the file clicked edit and for somereason it is already set to internal, but when i remove the sd card i get the panic message.

Well think i'll wait again for Gingerbread and a auto installer thanks for you help ;)

open up that file again and do the following change

ITEM_DEVICE=${INT_CARD}p5

to

ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p5

I've mine like this and i can boot up without a memory card :D

you might have to change the mmcblk0p5 to a different number if it doesnt work e.g. mmcblk0p2
its trial and error... goood luck

J4ZZ
2010-12-28, 14:29
For people who said why their phone stops charging when the screen off?
Here is the solution:

You have to keep the phone awake while on charge. To do this go to Settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake

That wasn't enough here. I also had to install keepscreen and associate it with the "clock" app.

Then running "clock" app everytime when phone needs charging and voila phone stays awake and charges fine. ;)

Greetz,

tele
2010-12-28, 14:32
Works great for me! it doesnt turn the screen off

J4ZZ
2010-12-28, 14:36
you might have to change the mmcblk0p5 to a different number if it doesnt work e.g. mmcblk0p2
its trial and error... goood luck

It's not trial and error, it's actually the partition where Nitdroid is installed.

I have it on mmcblk0p6 for example because my emmc is formatted with extra partitions for meego and nitdroid.

But it matters if you have a sd card inserted or not. I need to change the partition in my *.item file to mmcblk1p6 when booting nitdroid with a sd card in phone. And leave it mmcbkl0p6 when booting without sd.
Just for clarification :)

:cheers:

tele
2010-12-28, 14:39
thankyou for correcting me. I just want to make it as easy as possible for people :D

ammyt
2010-12-28, 14:47
I just update my first post with the latest info available, please whoever having any trouble, refer to the first post, as it is filled now :D

DaReaper
2010-12-28, 15:01
Hey Guys , is it better to use the SetCPU application for Android 2.2.1 for overclocking ? cause i've played with it for some time now ... i've given it a shot till Max 750 and Min 500 - on demand

It seems to work good ... also tried after setting it to load on boot ... it works good . So what say ?

ammyt
2010-12-28, 15:02
Okay, I saw lots of inquiries about installing, and obviously I can't quote all of them :p so here it is:
1. ERRORS while unarchiving 0.0.9, had this too, nitdroid's repository is pretty buggy, so once you downloaded nitdroid 0.0.9 be sure to cj\heck that is size is ~73 Mb.
2. Kernel-Power installion, updated in the first post and working 100%
3. I need a tester, I've got a newer and extremely easier procedure of installing Nitdroid 0.0.9 without the hassle of downloading 0.0.8, any volunteers?

Missingbyte
2010-12-28, 15:12
Okay, I saw lots of inquiries about installing, and obviously I can't quote all of them :p so here it is:
1. ERRORS while unarchiving 0.0.9, had this too, nitdroid's repository is pretty buggy, so once you downloaded nitdroid 0.0.9 be sure to cj\heck that is size is ~73 Mb.
3. I need a tester, I've got a newer and extremely easier procedure of installing Nitdroid 0.0.9 without the hassle of downloading 0.0.8, any volunteers?

I'll volunteer, if it easy ;) PM details. Thanks for helping and getting us all up and running.

DaReaper
2010-12-28, 15:12

And also i had not installed 0.0.8 before , i had installed 0.0.9 directly . :D

Mohic
2010-12-28, 15:36
If i install this can i make phone call and write SMS?

DaReaper
2010-12-28, 15:42

No you can only receive SMS , you can't send any

You can only receive calls , but when you pick there no sound , so you're unable to make calls .

abhirajsoni
2010-12-28, 15:44

no. you can only receive them yet.

ammyt
2010-12-28, 15:45
I need a tester, I've got a newer and extremely easier procedure of installing Nitdroid 0.0.9 without the hassle of downloading 0.0.8, any volunteers?
so.. any of them?
p.s. my internet is crapping out :p

peacekeper
2010-12-28, 15:48
i am ready to try ammyt just tell me how

ammyt
2010-12-28, 16:02
For the sake of our N900's lives, I'm gonna try it first,eventhough my internet is streaming at ~10kbps :mad:

DaReaper
2010-12-28, 16:03
ammyt i found a bug with the new on-screen keyboard fix , the file which e-yes had made : http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=991.0

I replaced the old one with that ^ , it fixed the digits and stuff which it had to , but it broke the device keyboard function .

Like when you use the Blue arrow key to use characters like /, $ and others all their keys are jumbled up . I think someone should report this bug

Killahgold
2010-12-28, 16:12
So I got nitdroid installed and multiboot working, but when trying to boot into nitdroid, it hangs @ adb open. This is after the " ANDROID" appears on the screen, followed by a bunch of system files not found. What am I doing wrong. Whats funny is that I got it to boot once, but that was after I tried to boot it without a sdcard. I got the "guru" error, put the card back in, booted again, and it worked.

I was wondering if someone could help me out? Should I start all over?

ammyt
2010-12-28, 16:17
I was wondering if someone could help me out? Should I start all over?

turn off your phone, remove the battery, press the power button for five seconds, reinsert your battery, plug in your mmc, put in the back cover, firmly, and turn on your phone with your keyboard open. Quickly at multi-boot, choose nitdroid, close your keyboard, wish luck.

ammyt
2010-12-28, 16:23
Confirmed, success! My way yeah, yeah, yeah. Sorry I'm just excited! New instructions, easy as water, gonna fly to the first post!:D :D :D

ammyt
2010-12-28, 16:30
16 steps minimized to 10, 1 file now (nitdroid installer) is no lobger required, installation is as easy as watching movies, nothing to invent, just copy paste these things to xterm! :D I'd appreciate some feedback! :)

Mohic
2010-12-28, 17:04
ammyt can you make video how you android working if you have time for this heh. And when do you think that we can call?

J4ZZ
2010-12-28, 17:07
As I wrote some posts before... all my stuff in MyDocs got wiped, "Downloads" folder, res, maps, cities etc. from MobileMaps, and a few other custom folders, DCIM with my pictures is still there (strange)?!?!
Does somebody has any ideas why this has happend?

And yes, of course I had backups ;)

Greetz,

leetut
2010-12-28, 18:33

7. Make the multiboot item as ammyt says in first post.

what does this mean?
cant find anything in first post about 'making the multiboot item'

leetut
2010-12-28, 18:36
and will flash 10 work automatically after install or do i need a guide to get that to work too?