PDA

View Full Version : The EPIC N9 anticipation thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Daneel
2011-06-05, 02:26
pointless thread everything known and speculated as already been discussed by you, me and others in the other thread.
you just need to face the facts my friend that there is no consumer HWKB device going on sale.
stop clinging on to false hope and let go

Oh yea, "facts" flying all over the place.

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 05:54
Definitely!... Use all day, charge at night while you sleep. Now I've heard even N8 can consume a full charge in less then a day if you are using it too heavily... Now imagine if we were using power-hog Atoms! :Q

I am hoping Jessie's Girl is chubby, with lots of energy stored in that bottom part of her, so we can hack into that body of hers until late, late at night! :)

Jessie's girl is very slim and sexy ;) jejeje

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 05:56
Sorry to add to the noise and speculation here but it doesn't matter if there is a lack of customization on the new device because we will find a way to hack/customize it anyways.

i hope so. i like new ui lot but maybe sometime i would also want N900 type homescreen. options you know :D

OVK
2011-06-05, 06:32
i hope so. i like new ui lot but maybe sometime i would also want N900 type homescreen. options you know :D

I hope so too. It is not just about the widgets. For example contact shortcuts (with live information about contact status) on desktop and customisable status menu (with customisable buttons) and power key menu are something that I enjoy all the time with N900.

Brock
2011-06-05, 10:07
16 days left for Nokia Ion...

*im so excited...*
*and i just cant hide it...*
*i know, i know, iknow...*
*i want you... i want you...*
*lalalala*

Dave999
2011-06-05, 10:08
If this phone is for regular users. Nokia must have solved or created an easier way to restore the phone. Reflash is fine by me but not for most people. They want to connect the phone and press a button and everyting goes back to stock.

I still think they shall release the keyboard version for power users and devs. Don't see what the the reason for releasing this phone otherwise when they going for win 7.

Brock
2011-06-05, 10:17
If this phone is for regular users. Nokia must have solved or created an easier way to restore the phone. Reflash is fine by me but not for most people. They want to connect the phone and press a button and everyting goes back to stock.

I still think they shall release the keyboard version for power users and devs. Don't see what the the reason for releasing this phone otherwise when they going for win 7.

i dont flash smartphones, never had, so yes, there should be some way for this... e.g. like at all the older symbian phones with a key combination to reflash/reinstall/recover the os. i hope it...

@all: can we call it ion now? i love this name... ;)

@K123 did you see any model number or name on the front of your device? ;)

Kozzi
2011-06-05, 10:20
as it will be the only maemo/meego device this year, a name would be nice and make it special.

zapotek
2011-06-05, 10:21
16 days left for Nokia Ion...

*im so excited...*
*and i just cant hide it...*
*i know, i know, iknow...*
*i want you... i want you...*
*lalalala*

hahahahahahaaahahaah

zapotek
2011-06-05, 10:34
gooood morning lollll lets see what we will see :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4gK3RRtCHw

erendorn
2011-06-05, 10:45
About chargers, there are two types of users:
- the ones that charge their smartphone every night
- the ones that ask you if you have a charger at work

(well I charge my n900 every night, and sometime I need to charge it a bit at work too, but chhhh)

qwazix
2011-06-05, 10:52
S60v2 multitasked by default. Every non-power user I knew just pressed the red button to close apps, so everything stayed open. The phones felt to them just how the iphone feels today (none of them knew what apps were or had installed anything on them)
With s60v3 Nokia decided to close most apps on red button (was very annoying to me because I had to un-learn to click the red button and learn to double click menu to backround an app and return to home.
None of those phones had battery issues, on the other side Symbian phones, are still (with full multitasking) better performers as battery life is concerned.
So the solution is obvious, statesave by default and require the user to long press something to background the app, but leave it running.
I would love to have the option to statesave even in maemo, even in desktop linux.

Brock
2011-06-05, 11:04

(well I charge my n900 every night, and sometime I need to charge it a bit at work too, but chhhh)

i have a charger at home, in my car and at work... and only short time i am not in one of these places ;)

it would be great if the device can last for at least 2 day while heavy used, but i dont mind if its like any other phone out there... its sad, but its reality that the battery technology (especially for small devices) wasnt improved as fast as the other areas of technology...

maybe my next device (after ion) will have a coke batttery... that would be cool.. imagine this... you are sitting in a cafe, surfing... your battery is low... you ask for a coke... the waitress is asking if something is wrong with your drink... and you just answer, no, everything is fine, the coke is for my phone...

morfeas
2011-06-05, 11:06
i agree with qwazix. The users who want to run mkv videos on the background and listening to music, and having i dont know angry birds open at the same time, are not power users are "i need to get a netbook users".

Power users are the ones lets say, who want to use office apps and at the same time being able to download lets say a pdf, or those who want to give a presentation using an hdmi outport and being able to do so for many hours etc etc.
I dont want a phone that needs charging every single night.
Those of you who want that why not getting an open pandora ? You will do more things with it.

power user definition = A sophisticated user of personal computers. A power user is typically someone who has considerable experience with computers and utilizes advanced features of applications.

NOT someone who opens apps just because he can :)

Dave999
2011-06-05, 11:17
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_user

who added this text :D

onethreealpha
2011-06-05, 11:22
it looked like a cut and paste from webopedia to me ;)

momcilo
2011-06-05, 11:24

Is there anybody who actually works, instead of swiping all day long? :D

Well people, its time to introduce car accumulator and/or pocket nuclear reactor.

Dave999
2011-06-05, 11:28
Is there anybody who actually works, instead of swiping all day long? :D

Well people, its time to introduce car accumulator and/or pocket nuclear reactor.

Just buy this one :cool:

http://npowerpeg.com/reserve

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 11:30
i dont flash smartphones, never had, so yes, there should be some way for this... e.g. like at all the older symbian phones with a key combination to reflash/reinstall/recover the os. i hope it...

@all: can we call it ion now? i love this name... ;)

@K123 did you see any model number or name on the front of your device? ;)

No number or name on device.there is one id number on front. and on back hardware id , build number and imei. that for proto.

tswindell
2011-06-05, 11:38
We could all walk around pulling little carts with petrol powered generators ..

morfeas
2011-06-05, 11:41
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_user

who added this text :D

who?

it looked like a cut and paste from webopedia to me ;)

of course it is. I am a physics professor not a philologist one to be able to memorize all the definitions :) . Google is our friend though.

Brock
2011-06-05, 11:43
fine

so we can call it Nokia Ion! :D

@poweruser:

i may be not a pc power user... but i am a smartphone power user... ;)

erendorn
2011-06-05, 11:49
oh and by the way you can pause apps in maemo.

kill -STOP PID#
kill -CONT PID#

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 11:50
fine

@poweruser:

i may be not a pc power user... but i am a smartphone power user... ;)
Jejejeje... why not ! Maybe no name mean that boss wants name 1 name for it instead of numbers. i like idea :D

qwazix
2011-06-05, 12:01
oh and by the way you can pause apps in maemo.

kill -STOP PID#
kill -CONT PID#

Yeah, but does that free their memory? If it does how can we put a pause button next to X on the switcher. Or a script to pause and swap an application on demand?

Brock
2011-06-05, 12:01
No number or name on device.there is one id number on front. and on back hardware id , build number and imei. that for proto.

which id in front? :rolleyes:

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 12:09
which id in front? :rolleyes:

that a risk my friend. direct indentify = me killed !! lol jejeje

but it is proto id number. xxxxxxxxxx number of digits lol so that boss can track where proto come from.

erendorn
2011-06-05, 12:10
Yeah, but does that free their memory? If it does how can we put a pause button next to X on the switcher. Or a script to pause and swap an application on demand?

No, the process is kept in memory (but possibly swapped after some time, for which the n900 has plenty?).
But it does not use the cpu anymore. And for huge apps (maps?), freeing memory would still mean some startup time when reactivating the application. Just my opinion, I don't have much experience in that area.

Brock
2011-06-05, 12:18
that a risk my friend. direct indentify = me killed !! lol jejeje

but it is proto id number. xxxxxxxxxx number of digits lol so that boss can track where proto come from.

i understand, thx

Brock
2011-06-05, 12:22
I wonder why can't you just make a photo of screen with macro and count the number of pixels?

he didnt and now its to late

daperl
2011-06-05, 12:28
fine

Sorry, but if you're gonna play silly little name games, you can't call it Ion. Ion conjures images of the Saturn Ion, which is a major POS.

Almost anything would be better; Carrera, for instance.

In the meantime, it's the n9.

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 12:43
he didnt and now its to late

well i have pic of phone with me now. tell me what to do ?

NvyUs
2011-06-05, 13:07
post it if there is nothing that can expose your identity

Kozzi
2011-06-05, 13:15
screenshot of screen ?

kanishou
2011-06-05, 13:15
I know everone here would like to see a picture, but please let's try to keep this cat in the bag until the official release. :) Everyone will benefit from that, as it will help for this device to become a surprising success.

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 13:18
screenshot of screen ?

No not screenshot. But photo i took of phone. Man i zoom in 3000% how u count htat ???? Wait a bit for final news, insane to count all those tiny things !!!!! jejeje

tswindell
2011-06-05, 13:20
I would have thought it's pretty obvious that if they are planning to use the N950 as a name, it'll be the developer device, as it'll stop those users burnt by the N900 step 4/5 debacle. And the N9 will most likely be the consumer ready device, if there are indeed going to be two devices (which I can't confirm).

Having a developer (N950?) distributed via a developer programme to active community hackers is benificial for normal users who may get the consumer N9. Because it allows us developers to port and develop software ready to run on the consumer oriented device. So it does make sense. But we'll see.

Jordi
2011-06-05, 13:20
Hi K123,

This will be difficult if you do not have the N9 anymore. You should have a (high quality) picture of a part of the screen along with something of known dimension. For example, a ruler or a letter on the bezel.
And finally, you should know the dimension of the entire screen.

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 13:23
Hi K123,

This will be difficult if you do not have the N9 anymore. You should have a (high quality) picture of a part of the screen along with something of known dimension. For example, a ruler or a letter on the bezel.
And finally, you should know the dimension of the entire screen.

:(:(:(:(

i have nice pic of phone but no with me. no ruler to put on side. :(

Jordi
2011-06-05, 13:28
Post a picture of only 3 or 4 pixels wide, we will count that for you :D

On this small strip, we will no be able to recognize anything and your NDA is safe.:p

LTman
2011-06-05, 13:29
@Jordi welcome to the community
where do thread tags come from who supplies them

zymo
2011-06-05, 13:38
@ k123
everybody here is dying to see some pics of that device (me too!!!), but honestly dude, don’t post any pics! who knows maybe there are some kind of secret watermark on that device which can identify you?! you have said a lot about that device, thanks for that! ;)

mikecomputing
2011-06-05, 13:59
wonder what will happen on this thread if its NOT released end of June as expected.....

Btw.. tomorow Apple will talk about IOS5 lets see if they have similar taskswitcher from Maemo5 as someone in this thread said.

aironeous
2011-06-05, 14:00
lol at 17:25
http://www.hulu.com/watch/233628/jamie-olivers-food-revolution-i-think-i-found-a-loop-hole#x-0,vepisode,1,0

"sometimes in life you meet people that will inspire you,
sometimes in life you meet people you want to inspire,
and sometimes you just wanna f'n stab yourself."

LTman
2011-06-05, 14:01
says the selfish_russian

rcolistete
2011-06-05, 14:15
In order to end this discussion multi-task versus rapidly switched application, let me point that for the mobile platform the most important thing is battery life.

Hi momcilo,

Sorry, but I have owned Psion Siena, Psion Revo, Nokia 7650, N-Gage, N95, Nokia 9290 and Nokia 9500, Epoc OS and Symbian OS have a good and real multitask with good to excellent battery life.

In reality it is easier to simple remove multitasking since less people will complain about short battery life.

Oh, yeah, the "dumbing down" approach to smartphone/tablet OS does not have limits...

But does it make sense to have dual and quad core CPU (Tegra 2, Tegra 3, etc) in smartphones and tablets without real multitasking ? A Tegra 3 CPU is equivalent to a Intel Core 2 Duo 7200-7500 CPU in raw calculation power, so why not running a 2 minute calculation (a 2D integration, for example) in background while I browse web ?

I only buy smartphone and tablets with real multitasking, despite all lies Apple and Google say about iOS and Android OS.

About the Bloomberg article of June 2nd, well, it is a multi US$ billion game where the midia play$ an important role. With the deal between Nokia & Microsoft we have midia now supporting Nokia & Microsoft while before they are bashing Nokia everytime...

Regards,

Roberto

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 14:57
Post a picture of only 3 or 4 pixels wide, we will count that for you :D

On this small strip, we will no be able to recognize anything and your NDA is safe.:p

ok ok.. i will take small cut and put it here. soon !

@selfish_russian

huh :eek: i no understand Sorry :(

scapegoat845
2011-06-05, 15:00
well i have pic of phone with me now. tell me what to do ?

Post it. As long as it's the "About Device" screen..... :D

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 15:02
http://i.imgur.com/qmPai.jpg

Hear you go. small cut 3-4 pixel as you say. Will help ? cut show icon.

scapegoat845
2011-06-05, 15:04
Having a developer (N950?) distributed via a developer programme to active community hackers is benificial for normal users who may get the consumer N9. Because it allows us developers to port and develop software ready to run on the consumer oriented device. So it does make sense. But we'll see.

Cheers ! :D

Dave999
2011-06-05, 15:14

Worst pixel(s) I ever seen. I will never buy the device!

Thx anyways

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 15:17
Worst pixel(s) I ever seen. I will never buy the device!

Thx anyways

i no know pixel but screen look nice

Dave999
2011-06-05, 15:22
Just kidding. cant get any real info from that sample.

Brock
2011-06-05, 15:40

if its not too riskfull for you, you could post the original image and we do the rest ;)

qwazix
2011-06-05, 15:50
this looks really high definition. Let's assume that the icon has real size as on the E7. Can sb post the same pic from an E7 so that we can compare the definition?
On the E7 I saw in a store the other day, the pixels on the curved anna icons I think were pretty obvious.

Janimatik
2011-06-05, 16:03
i no know pixel but screen look nice

Can you remember if there is a gorilla glass to protect the screen?

Also there was some rumor that the case of the ION/N9 is made of plastic which is a really pity. I think plastic is too cheap and lame material for a high-end device and unfortunately for me that might be the dealbreaker.

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 16:08

Also there was some rumor that the case of the ION/N9 is made of plastic which is a really pity. I think plastic is too cheap and lame material for a high-end device and unfortunately for me that might be the dealbreaker.

how can i check if gorilla glass lol.. try and break it ? but no scratches happen for me so strong i think

not aluminum but no feel cheap. feel very nice so even if plastic it is very nice

Khertan
2011-06-05, 16:21
http://www.skinomi.com/nokia-n9-skin-protector.html
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/428743223/HOT_clear_lcd_screen_protector_for.html
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/386123780/for_NOKIA_N9_Anti_Peeping_Anti.html
http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/113560717/Brand_New_nokia_n9.html

:D

Brock
2011-06-05, 16:57

would love to see it with alu, but if it has "polycarbonate" (hard and good plastic ;)) body, i would love to see it "diamond coated" ;)

Jordi
2011-06-05, 17:01
Hey K123, thanks for the pict, unfortunately, nothing can be made with it.

What we need is a strip of only some pixels wide but of the whole lenght of the phone. See the picture herewith for a better explanation.

http://hpics.li/30d0ac0

http://img11.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_651434StripsampleN900.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=651434StripsampleN900.jpg)

Can you do that?

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 17:02
@khertan : jejeje they use old leak pics from last year for product lol

Khertan
2011-06-05, 17:09
I know

Blablabla too short message

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 17:14
Hey K123, thanks for the pict, unfortunately, nothing can be made with it.

What we need is a strip of only some pixels wide but of the whole lenght of the phone. See the picture herewith for a better explanation.

http://hpics.li/30d0ac0

http://img11.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_651434StripsampleN900.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=651434StripsampleN900.jpg)

Can you do that?

i try and see. pic no straight.

Jordi
2011-06-05, 17:16
i try and see. pic no straight.

No problem, we can cope with that. Many thanks in advance ;)

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 17:25
I just saw , it at angle. If i cut to show full then too much info (bar code on screen) and without no info for you :( sorry

Dave999
2011-06-05, 17:27
what are you planning to do with that? you will not be able do see reolution of the screen

Brock
2011-06-05, 17:29
I just saw , it at angle. If i cut to show full then too much info (bar code on screen) and without no info for you :( sorry

make barcode and all the other things black and then we could take a look ;)

Jordi
2011-06-05, 17:31
Ok, thanks anyway.

paweltrzpis
2011-06-05, 17:43

great idea....now ill keep pressing F5 as long as we wait for that pic to be uploaded by K123....please ;)

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 17:51

as i said , look impossible. phone at angle. it same pic i show vippotajja of MR forum. any way i cut, it at angle and you can no see full lenth of phone.

bhairav
2011-06-05, 17:54
Btw k123 when you said transparent multitasking did you mean something like this concept ?
http://mynokiablog.com/2010/12/17/my-dream-nokia-8-nokia-n9-meego-phone-slider-concept-with-edge-to-edge-display/

Brock
2011-06-05, 18:06
Btw k123 when you said transparent multitasking did you mean something like this concept ?
http://mynokiablog.com/2010/12/17/my-dream-nokia-8-nokia-n9-meego-phone-slider-concept-with-edge-to-edge-display/

check out my sig, you can see there how to swipe through the apps ;)

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 18:14

ooh interesting. phone look slightly similar to proto :D no keyboard tho lol umm , multitasking ? not shown there. it sthn lik this

|-----------------------------------------|
| app 1 | app 2 |
| swipe | |
|__________________________|

get what i mean ? that phone. model i try to make with keyboard button lol

that did not come out well. let me draw it.

NvyUs
2011-06-05, 18:19
ooh interesting. phone look slightly similar to proto :D no keyboard tho lol umm , multitasking ? not shown there. it sthn lik this

|-----------------------------------------|
| app 1 | app 2 |
| swipe | |
|__________________________|

get what i mean ? that phone. model i try to make with keyboard button lol

How to you get into Grid Multitasking View?

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 18:25
How to you get into Grid Multitasking View?

That in photo was browser. swipe swipe stuff.

Phone look like this :

http://i.imgur.com/otdSG.png

Drawing has no barcode or code to see :D

HaugMedia
2011-06-05, 18:34
A bit like Windows 8, I like it.

NvyUs
2011-06-05, 18:38
Not sure Nokia's new Heads Up experience is all its made out to be, seems like we will spend all our time with head down swiping

Janimatik
2011-06-05, 18:39
how can i check if gorilla glass lol.. try and break it ? but no scratches happen for me so strong i think

not aluminum but no feel cheap. feel very nice so even if plastic it is very nice

Yep, it's difficult to know is it gorilla glass or not, sorry.

In other forum there were some discussion that Nokia tested some coating (maybe diamond coating) to reduce the friction of the screen. Did you notice if the screen was more slippery than normally?

Btw. That Diamond Coating would be very interesting. It makes the surface grime resistant and is also very smooth to touch.

NOMOS
2011-06-05, 18:40
@koajwujwer123

Is it possible for you to show us a part of the image with the letter V in it? I should be able to deduce the screen resolution from it. Alternatively, you could post a strip of you photo that is vertical, not horizontal, if that solves the problem with the barcode.

Thanks for all the info ( jejejeje :) )

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 18:44
@koajwujwer123

Is it possible for you to show us a part of the image with the letter V in it? I should be able to deduce the screen resolution from it. Alternatively, you could post a strip of you photo that is vertical, not horizontal, if that solves the problem with the barcode.

Thanks for all the info ( jejejeje :) )

i wish i could do all that but the photo is at weird angle so something keep cutting. it not helpful :(

other person - no win 8 = fluid swiping. this is swipe on top. like swipe card from deck.

tissot
2011-06-05, 18:45
That in photo was browser. swipe swipe stuff.

Phone look like this :

http://i.imgur.com/otdSG.png

Drawing has no barcode or code to see :D

What does that "app in bg" mean?
Can we leave the app on the screen but on a smaller scale, like indeed on Windows 8?

EDIT: Nvm seems like you answered to that already.
It looks sweet in a way that as you are telling you can example leave live video there, but i do wonder how it works when you got lots of app running....

Brock
2011-06-05, 18:45
Yep, it's difficult to know is it gorilla glass or not, sorry.

In other forum there were some discussion that Nokia tested some coating (maybe diamond coating) to reduce the friction of the screen. Did you notice if the screen was more slippery than normally?

Btw. That Diamond Coating would be very interesting. It makes the surface grime resistant and is also very smooth to touch.

diamond coated display? that coating is for the cover, not for the display... and yes, that coated (or ionized ;)) would be cool... not better as alu (my guess) but best possible with polycarbonate (hard plastic)

Brock
2011-06-05, 18:46
Can we leave the app on the screen but on a smaller scale, like indeed on Windows 8?

look at the second to fourth picture in my sig, maby this can explain it a bit

edit, after that, you should take a look at the teaser again to undertsand it completely ;)

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 18:47

no i show how multitask. like example. menu in back and i half swipe while video play. so video keep play even when i half out of screen. awesome awesome !! jejeje

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 18:48
look at the second to fourth picture in my sig, maby this can explain it a bit

edit, after that, you should take a look at the teaser again to undertsand it completely ;)

si si si !!! i say blue dot mean something !!! jejeje

Brock
2011-06-05, 18:53

lets take a look at thjis picture
http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20420&stc=1&d=1306585805
at this moment, the finger is not pressed, in the next second, he will touch the right bezel (where you can see the gallery, which has been opend before) and swipe it into the menu

@K123: if you have e.g. 6 apps open und you are at app nr. 4, can oyu see the apps 3 and 5 at the bezel? that you be like i image how it works with the blue square

Brock
2011-06-05, 18:54
Not sure Nokia's new Heads Up experience is all its made out to be, seems like we will spend all our time with head down swiping

Immersion TouchSense would fit to this imo...

and we have seen packages for it in some package lists for harmatten devices, just a hint ;)

Jordi
2011-06-05, 18:56

Blue dot = open app?

Koajwujwer123
lets take a look at thjis picture
http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20420&stc=1&d=1306585805
at this moment, the finger is not pressed, in the next second, he will touch the right bezel (where you can see the gallery, which has been opend before) and swipe it into the menu

@K123: if you have e.g. 6 apps open und you are at app nr. 4, can oyu see the apps 3 and 5 at the bezel? that you be like i image how it works with the blue square

first part yes

2.. well .. lets keep surprise ? if i tell a lot then you no left anything new to learn :) jejejeje

Brock
....i'm not sure if i'm still getting it or should i be getting something?

Multitasking works like one big roller that you swipe around and the applications stay live even when you swipe away from them, and you can't stop the application mid screen like on Windows 8.

could you show me a pic about win8?

Brock
2011-06-05, 18:58
first part yes

2.. well .. lets keep surprise ? if i tell a lot then you no left anything new to learn :) jejejeje

i am one these kind of guys who are reading the manuel of a device even before he has bought it ;)

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 18:58
@tissot
roller to switch

tissot
2011-06-05, 18:59
could you show me a pic about win8?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92QfWOw88I
Swiping around the UI 1.53
How the multitasking works 2.15

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 18:59
i am one these kind of guys who are reading the manuel of a device even before he has bought it ;)

time 2-3month between announce and ship. you get lot of time to read !!!

Brock
2011-06-05, 19:02

i can not wait... ;)

Janimatik
2011-06-05, 19:02
diamond coated display? that coating is for the cover, not for the display... and yes, that coated (or ionized ;)) would be cool... not better as alu (my guess) but best possible with polycarbonate (hard plastic)

In Nokias patent application there was stated that also screens/windows can be coated. And when you think about it, why not?
Polycarbonate has been used in screens forever because it's transparent. And after diamond coating (thickness less than 100 nanometers) it becomes scratch resistant and extra slippery.
If Nokia could use polycarbonate instead of gorilla glass it would make phone lighter and maybe thinner also.

Brock
2011-06-05, 19:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92QfWOw88I
Swiping around the UI 1.53
How the multitasking works 2.15

swiping: yes, a little bit like this, but not that nice animated, its "just" swyping around ;)
multitasking: i think there will be a special gesture (like swype from the right bezel into the screen) to swype into a live grid view of the open apps... and maybe if you swype from the right bezel into the screen, you get the main menu (or viceversa)

zymo
2011-06-05, 19:18

wasn’t the new strategy to announce a device when it’s ready and release it short after? Lets say 4-6 weeks. But 2-3 month after announcement?!

Brock
2011-06-05, 19:24
wasn’t the new strategy to announce a device when it’s ready and release it short after? Lets say 4-6 weeks. But 2-3 month after announcement?!

2-3 month after announcment without any delay is fast ;)

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 19:26

device in september , announce june/july

zymo
2011-06-05, 19:26
2-3 month after announcment without any delay is fast ;)

yeah maybe in terms of nokia.

Brock
2011-06-05, 19:27
but what i still dont get regarding the ui in the teaser (and i if watched every single frame of the meun ;)), in one scene he is swyping from the left bezel to the middle of the screen and he gets the menu and in another scene he gets a grid view of open apps (or is it the list of opened pages in the browser?)

tswindell
2011-06-05, 19:41
Someone just posted this in #meego:

http://technomoblion.com/2011/06/05/nokias-n950n9-will-be-announced-june-21st-at-nokia-connection-2011/

I'm somewhat skeptical it'll be announced at that event, but still .. More fuel for your fires ;)

Brock
2011-06-05, 19:45
Someone just posted this in #meego:

http://technomoblion.com/2011/06/05/nokias-n950n9-will-be-announced-june-21st-at-nokia-connection-2011/

I'm somewhat skeptical it'll be announced at that event, but still .. More fuel for your fires ;)

in the interview at D9 he showed the device for a few seconds and said that they will show more "soon", and if you take a look at the description of the event it looks like they will announce a few devices, and i think, that the first windows phone will be announced at nokia world in october (to get it in the stores before christmas), so i bet that the meego device will be presented at the NokiaConnection ;)

tswindell
2011-06-05, 20:06
With absolutely no Maemo.org or MeeGo.com presence? It'd be nice if we were invited to this event. Seems a bit weird them announcing a device outside of the context of which it was founded.

Brock
2011-06-05, 20:07
back to the blue squares...

take a look at this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3627/5801493494_bde5850276_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5270/5800937409_27cd2a2362_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2715/5800935317_ca775c59d7_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5195/5801488332_3662b07e7b_b.jpg

nwerneck
2011-06-05, 20:52

Ah, great to be back at the actual topic of the thread. :)

One of the windows is obviously showing a Facebook wall. Is there some kind of Facebook webpage that looks likw that, with that blue border above?...

HWKB
2011-06-05, 21:02

One of the windows is obviously showing a Facebook wall. Is there some kind of Facebook webpage that looks likw that, with that blue border above?...

yeah. thats m.facebook.com

Edit: Looked closer and it isnt either facebook mobile of touch sites but looks very similar to facebook mobile.

notice 2 of the others on the bottom row have differing address bar type things on them aswell.

Brock
2011-06-05, 21:09

my guess is that this page could be the messages app. if you mean the app on the mid right. thats the one he is oping in that moment...

i will upload some more frame by frame pics from the teaser regarding the ui soon...

south87
2011-06-05, 21:16
Future Ion user here (and former lurker). Sorry, didnt quite fully get those last posts on how app switching works.

According to the drawing made by K123, will we be able to see 2 apps at the same time on landscape view? Can this be clarified a bit?

mikecomputing
2011-06-05, 21:20
The grid view is not running apps, its browser bookmarks or open pages.
K123 said so,
looks like no Grid view for running apps
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1022775&postcount=3819

WTF! that is a must :-( I hope there is in some way.

Cause one of the best thing in Maemo5 is the damn gridview for tasks. So if Nokia kills that its just stupid.

But as we all know: Nokia seems to never learn!

mece
2011-06-05, 21:21
K123 said so,

There's a grid view for running apps like on N900. And the apps are live, like on N900 (ie you can see them moving in miniature form). It's 3 apps wide and 3 apps tall in portrait mode. I don't know what'll happen when you have more than 9 apps. My guess is you scroll.

K123 means is that when you swipe from one app to another, the apps are live during the swipe, so if you have 2 videos, you will see half of both playing when you're mid swipe. Only seen it in portrait tho, and the illustration is in landscape, but I guess it's the same.

NvyUs
2011-06-05, 21:23
There's a grid view for running apps like on N900. And the apps are live, like on N900 (ie you can see them moving in miniature form). It's 3 apps wide and 3 apps tall in portrait mode. I don't know what'll happen when you have more than 9 apps. My guess is you scroll.

How do we know this? Ui as changed since Nokia published harmattan UI docs then removed it over on Meego site.
My specific question was about Grid view maybe there is confusion and he answered about swiping.
Would be nice if he could clarify what he meant.

dtergens
2011-06-05, 21:24
Could it be multitask like on the LG GW990 ? would be nice !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTMEpu5U1gU

mece
2011-06-05, 21:27
How do we know this? Ui as changed since Nokia published harmattan UI docs then removed it over on Meego site.

Well you don't know that, but I do. Well I can only speak for what was going on with the device with a keyboard, (the one in the teaser) since I haven't seen anything regarding the other one, but I assume it's the same OS.You can take my word for it or not, but as people have stated, why remove the best thing about M5?

NvyUs
2011-06-05, 21:28
Well you don't know that, but I do. Well I can only speak for what was going on with the device with a keyboard, (the one in the teaser) since I haven't seen anything regarding the other one, but I assume it's the same OS.You can take my word for it or not, but as people have stated, why remove the best thing about M5?

I updated my post just before you responded.
I was under Impression there was a Grid view but K123 response about Grid view question through me somewhat.

nwerneck
2011-06-05, 21:31
Just buy this one :cool:

http://npowerpeg.com/reserve

That looks AWESOME!

I have been looking for this kind of pocket generators and external batteries to use with cell phones and "mobile computers". Have you used that?

I was looking for just some kind of hand crank generator to use when you really need to keep your device on. I was thinking about getting this...

http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card/?p_ProductDbId=1519313

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-05, 21:43
yes mece is right. i did not understand early wat you mean. of course you can see grid with app. like N900.. best feature :D :D jeje

@mece = how is dev phone ? i no use it only use non qwerty proto.You like OS too ? it very nice :D

Brock
2011-06-05, 21:44
K123 said so,

Still wondering if there is any way of knowing how many apps you have open without having to swipe thru them
all phones need task switcher/manager what have real multitasking imo

me too! i love the grid view of m5 ;)

NvyUs
2011-06-05, 21:45
me too! i love the grid view of m5 ;)

Its there it was just misunderstanding with question and answer
I'm goiung to delete my post b/c it was misunderstanding and dont want so called bloggers seeing it and running with story whats not true to try hurt something before its even launched
as you know 99% of sites get there N9 info from here and don't care about distinguishing the facts from the fiction.

Brock
2011-06-05, 21:45
Future Ion user here (and former lurker). Sorry, didnt quite fully get those last posts on how app switching works.

According to the drawing made by K123, will we be able to see 2 apps at the same time on landscape view? Can this be clarified a bit?

check out my sig, pic 2-4, its swyping around the apps, like an unlimited wall you can swype trough ;)

Brock
2011-06-05, 21:47
yes mece is right. i did not understand early wat you mean. of course you can see grid with app. like N900.. best feature :D :D jeje

now i can sleep very well!!! :D :D :D :D

kanishou
2011-06-05, 21:47
check out my sig, pic 2-4, its swyping around the apps, like an unlimited wall you can swype trough ;)

Or not... :)

The Wizard of Huz
2011-06-05, 21:55

take a look at this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3627/5801493494_bde5850276_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5270/5800937409_27cd2a2362_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2715/5800935317_ca775c59d7_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5195/5801488332_3662b07e7b_b.jpg

I think I get it. From the grid you choose the app you want to see/ interact with. Then you touch it en swipe to left. The choosen app will come from the right as if that is the next app. right?

Brock
2011-06-05, 21:56
can you open this link?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63736828@N06/sets/

shady
2011-06-05, 21:58
skillman == webos, take it from there.

marrat
2011-06-05, 21:59
can you open this link?

yep. thanks!

Dave999
2011-06-05, 22:02
That looks AWESOME!

I have been looking for this kind of pocket generators and external batteries to use with cell phones and "mobile computers". Have you used that?

I was looking for just some kind of hand crank generator to use when you really need to keep your device on. I was thinking about getting this...

http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card/?p_ProductDbId=1519313

no. I havn't. The problem is that they generate two low energy to actually keep a smartphone up and running. mobile charger is still the best choice.

mece
2011-06-05, 22:10

@mece = how is dev phone ? i no use it only use non qwerty proto.You like OS too ? it very nice :D

Just saw a glimpse. Haven't used it, so I don't know how it is. Looks sweet though :)

Brock
2011-06-05, 22:18
had to correct the order of the screens, now everything should be correct, check out my new sig ;) see you tomorrow, gn8 :)

P.S. at grid view album, you can see the music app in the bottom-left corner ;)

HaugMedia
2011-06-05, 22:31
Enough about the UI, it's gonna be awesome anyways! Elop was shocked about all the research, tech and software that haven't seen the light of day yet, so I bet he is gonna pack the next phones with some of that hot candy. :)

More interestingly, what about the person that claps out the sun? Clap on, clap off? Snooze alarms with claps?

NvyUs
2011-06-05, 22:43
Does anyone think Nokia could be Cheeky tomorrow and Show off Harmattan OS before the Apple event get on the way?
would not be the first time they have tried such stunts

momcilo
2011-06-05, 22:45
can you open this link?

Brock, I've just noticed that Calendar date is January 29, 2011

So at least part of material was probably filmed in January.
On other screens, there are news entries.
This can be used to pinpoint time frame when teaser was actually created.

What I am worried about is that the teaser may be created before February.

So is this really a teaser for the device you are expecting?

IsaacDFP
2011-06-05, 22:53
@Brock
I really enjoy your enthusiasm about this, and truly appreciate all the effort you put into making those images! Thanks =D

NvyUs
2011-06-05, 22:57
Brock is the Man Nokia should give him an Harmattan device of his choice just for all the promotion and Keeping this thread interesting :)

crisscross
2011-06-05, 23:14

Yeah, thats proof! And since the entry "NYC area lands 2014 Super Bowl" was made in may 2010 I guess its really old hardware? Come on, that is no sign of anything.

hawaii
2011-06-05, 23:16
I think I'll just leave this here;

DFL61_HARMATTAN_0.1000.52-4.REQ.492411_PR_LEGACY_001_ARM.bin

HaugMedia
2011-06-05, 23:18
I think I'll just leave this here;

DFL61_HARMATTAN_0.1000.52-4.REQ.492411_PR_LEGACY_001_ARM.bin

http://pastebin.com/gP5eDWy4 ?

NvyUs
2011-06-05, 23:57
DFL61_HARMATTAN_0.2011.17-4_RD_LEGACY_001_ARM.bin
look in the reports interesting ****
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=DFL61_HARMATTAN_0.

HaugMedia
2011-06-06, 00:05
In the "shapes" example on maemo device, the "Points" area looks empty. It is possible that the points are just too small to see on the high resolution LCD screen, since all other shapes seems fine.

Maemo 6 http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-19301

Now we can confirm it's an LCD?

NvyUs
2011-06-06, 00:08

But which device are they using HWKB or KBless?

hawaii
2011-06-06, 00:18
I'd also like to add that the RX-71, RM-660, RM-680, RM690 and RM696 are Harmattan-capable as per another BIN filename.

NvyUs
2011-06-06, 00:25
RM680 using a different image DFL61_HARMATTAN_0.2011.13-1.REQ.610000_PR_LEGACY_001_ARM.bin
http://pastie.org/1734249

tissot
2011-06-06, 00:31

He could be just referring it as LCD while it being AMOLED, whatever.
Also as said dunno what exact device he is talking about.

NvyUs
2011-06-06, 01:03
Anyone found anything found couple more image numbers but they not give much away.
come on hawaii give us a new lead :D

Faustino
2011-06-06, 02:35
so what exactly is photobrowser3d? :P

shady
2011-06-06, 06:36
hey so in the real thread with links and info, a friendly user did some research about the LCD in the OLD N9 that was pictured last august ... the tear down that appeared on baidu

http://www.auo.com/?sn=149&lang=en-US&c=36&n=206

but this is the screen that was pictured oh so long ago, like i said who knows if this is still the case.

best to wait

Kozzi
2011-06-06, 07:19
so what exactly is photobrowser3d? :P

This one ?
http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-photo-browser

momcilo
2011-06-06, 07:34
Yeah, thats proof! And since the entry "NYC area lands 2014 Super Bowl" was made in may 2010 I guess its really old hardware? Come on, that is no sign of anything.

I am pointing the fact that the teaser may not be relevant to a new device. The teaser was made with specific goal, of promoting a new device on mass-media.

It was not made to be precise, since the target is average consumer. The only thing consumer has to know is that the device is cool (no matter what device) and that owning one is a matter of life-style.

I have following questions:
- How come the teaser was conveniently leaked before being broadcasted? What was the motivation:
1. tease "the community", intentional by nokia
2. let "the community" know how close they were, intentional by rogue nokia employee.
3. make a hoax, since the maemo/meego program was dumped, by either nokia employee

The date may not be relevant, but you can not simply ignore it. The interesting thing about super bowl, indicates North American market is being targeted with this teaser.

Hopefully, someone else may be able to spot some additional detail.

Brock
2011-06-06, 07:34

yes, the theme around the news has been discussed a lot, but K123 has told us before, that his consumer device is using the same ui, so the picx should be good enough for us ;)

LTman
2011-06-06, 07:41
lets hope the new iphone5-killer tag is true

recluse
2011-06-06, 09:07
Teaser (http://goo.gl/hTlT5)

Brock
2011-06-06, 09:22
lets hope the new iphone5-killer tag is true

i mad the tag, just hoping the best for us ;)

Brock
2011-06-06, 09:22

cant see anything on this pic... what is this?

momcilo
2011-06-06, 09:23
yes, the theme around the news has been discussed a lot, but K123 has told us before, that his consumer device is using the same ui, so the picx should be good enough for us ;)

Actually I've made mistake the date is 29. January 2010!
Make your own conclusions

Brock
2011-06-06, 09:27
Actually I've made mistake the date is 29. January 2010!
Make your own conclusions

watch again, above 29. you can see the weekday, showing wednesday, but 29.01.2010 is a friday... remember that the teaser could be photoshopped ;)

momcilo
2011-06-06, 09:37
watch again, above 29. you can see the weekday, showing wednesday, but 29.01.2010 is a friday... remember that the teaser could be photoshopped ;)

True, it can also mean that there was no actual working GUI(calendar application) when teaser was filmed since, so they have resolved to a mock-up.

So based on the news we can pinpoint it arround May 2010. Any thoughts on certain Briana Edwards that is featured within posts?

The only months with 29. Wednesday are September 2010 and December 2010.

Ari left the team somewhere in between.

Brock
2011-06-06, 09:41
that guys are mostly fake persons like in many other teaser for other phones from nokia

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 09:47

hmm.. look like he take out focus pic of non qwerty proto. look similar. hmmm..

zymo
2011-06-06, 09:58
hmm.. look like he take out focus pic of non qwerty proto. look similar. hmmm..

and which part of the device is that?

EDIT: photoshopped the pic a bit

Looks like a silver E7, you can see the slider look and parts of the menu button.

Varanus261
2011-06-06, 10:13

To me this looks just like the community Nokia U concept,

bhairav
2011-06-06, 10:18
Why post backside of an e7 device keyboard which is open?:(

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 10:19
and which part of the device is that?

EDIT: photoshopped the pic a bit

Looks like a silver E7, you can see the slider look and parts of the menu button.

oh u up brightness now no it no look like it lol. my monitor must going crazy ! lol

Brock
2011-06-06, 10:23
you guys have lots of fantasy or i am blind... i can see nothing on this pic... could be a castle or a car for me ;)

could someone explaine me what he is seeing andwhere?

LTman
2011-06-06, 10:34
@brock without fantasy this thread wouldnt be so fantastic

aikon800
2011-06-06, 10:41
K123 why not you post something more adequate than that.

zehjotkah
2011-06-06, 10:45
K123 why not you post something more adequate than that.

Because then he will be tracked down and killed by Nokia Special Forces... ;)

Or at least loose his job.

zymo
2011-06-06, 10:46
you guys have lots of fantasy or i am blind... i can see nothing on this pic... could be a castle or a car for me ;)

could someone explaine me what he is seeing andwhere?

look at my previous post. take a look again and you will see it’s an e7.

i added a pic of e7 to the the other pic. now it should be clear :D

momcilo
2011-06-06, 10:54
Because then he will get tracked down and killed by Nokia Special Forces... ;)

Well it is not unheard of.

Google for Worldwide Loyalty Team
:cool:

The blurred photo or posting details is already a very nice way of loosing a job if one is Nokia employee, unless you have been instructed to do it.

Given the stakes Nokia is facing now, I would expect them to tighten control on "leaks".

In case of outsiders who somehow got/stole (I am merely, stating possibilities) a phone, you simply receive lawer's letter.

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 11:11
Because then he will be tracked down and killed by Nokia Special Forces... ;)

correct !!

i show drawing already , that best i can do. i also show small cut of pic from side to show how thin phone is. can no show full or me = dead :eek:

nikrohr
2011-06-06, 12:19
correct !!

i show drawing already , that best i can do. i also show small cut of pic from side to show how thin phone is. can no show full or me = dead :eek:

http://www.nokiablog.ch/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/n9.jpg

i made it a bit nicer :cool: i hope its not to far away from the real thing. perhaps i will see one at the nokia blogger event in zurich/switzerland tonight...

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 12:22
no , back strip is metal so shiny

momcilo
2011-06-06, 12:23

i made it a bit nicer :cool: i hope its not to far away from the real thing. perhaps i will see one at the nokia blogger event in zurich/switzerland tonight...

That might be WF7:
http://mynokiablog.com/2011/06/02/first-nokia-windows-phone-possibly-shown-off-briefly-at-d9-conference/

but n9 as well:
http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/06/02/stephen-elop-interviewed-at-d9/

nikrohr
2011-06-06, 12:24
you mean where the cam is?

like this?

http://www.nokiablog.ch/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/n9-3.jpg

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 12:34
yes yes , long circle is chrome like ipod touch , nokia name is like apple icon on ipod touch. mat finish.

NvyUs
2011-06-06, 12:38
That might be WF7:
http://mynokiablog.com/2011/06/02/first-nokia-windows-phone-possibly-shown-off-briefly-at-d9-conference/

but n9 as well:
http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/06/02/stephen-elop-interviewed-at-d9/

I believe the Official Nokia blog and Elop as they both said its not running WP7 ;)

nikrohr
2011-06-06, 12:40
yes yes , long circle is chrome like ipod touch , nokia name is like apple icon on ipod touch. mat finish.

better? or did i get it wrong

shady
2011-06-06, 12:43
i like how the C2-05 has passed the FCC tests too ... still waiting on some other 'rumored' devices.

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 12:43
correct.. well no shade but it ok, you get idea. on top of cam is dual led flash like in leaked video. flat to back. i forget to make in my drawing.

south87
2011-06-06, 12:47

It must be beautiful! Would you say that its better looking than the iPhone 4?

Can we get another drawing? :D

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 12:51
it gorgeous , look very very sexy and highend like some famous people would carry XD

but this drawing show the phone , what more drawing you want ?

sts1976
2011-06-06, 12:52

Are you saying the N9(50) screen will be 21:9 ratio rather than 16:9 ratio as deployed on current nokia mobiles ?

nikrohr
2011-06-06, 12:53
correct.. well no shade but it ok, you get idea. on top of cam is dual led flash like in leaked video. flat to back. i forget to make in my drawing.

http://www.nokiablog.ch/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/n9-4.jpg

now with flash :cool:

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 12:57
no no flash not there. but on top. flash out of chrome. see the camera and flash on leak video. tat arrangement.

nikrohr
2011-06-06, 13:03
no no flash not there. but on top. flash out of chrome. see the camera and flash on leak video. tat arrangement.

http://www.nokiablog.ch/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/n9-5.jpg

tissot
2011-06-06, 13:08
Somebody said that the glass curves from the top and bottom end of the phone, is that true?
How was the bezel compared to lets say iphone 4?

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 13:10
@nikrohs on top on top like this !!

http://i.imgur.com/OW2hG.png

screen is long. i can see 4x5 icon and another row 3/4 so lot of icon fit in there

shady
2011-06-06, 13:25
this is like the Sony Ericsson Paris (P5i) (the thread from 2009 in esato) K123 == the New PeterKay ... right down to drawing the device instead of a damn photograph.

for anyone that remembers =/

mikecomputing
2011-06-06, 13:27
@nikrohs on top on top like this !!

http://i.imgur.com/OW2hG.png

screen is long. i can see 4x5 icon and another row 3/4 so lot of icon fit in there

lol I am sure we soooon will see this drawing on engadget and similar sites and them saying this is the next nokia device.

IMHO this damn rumors that never ends is bad for Nokia.

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 13:37
this is like the Sony Ericsson Paris (P5i) (the thread from 2009 in esato) K123 == the New PeterKay ... right down to drawing the device instead of a damn photograph.

for anyone that remembers =/

Who is PeterKay ? I dont know. I said i no have phone with me now and only photos i have have bar code and imei on them. How to show ?

Kozzi
2011-06-06, 13:39
Who is PeterKay ? I dont know. I said i no have phone with me now and only photos i have have bar code and imei on them. How to show ?

capture a picture and photoshop them out ? :P
actually it might be better to wait for the actual announcement than taking blurry photos and play guessing game.

paweltrzpis
2011-06-06, 13:46

simply open photo in Paint (cant get easier) and paint over barcode and imei so no1 will be able to track it :)

Helmuth
2011-06-06, 13:52
And exactly WHAT will change if we see this photo?! :confused:

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 13:55
simply open photo in Paint (cant get easier) and paint over barcode and imei so no1 will be able to track it :)

Not that simple. Others around when i take pic , pic has my language setting changed and it shows the area where i took the pic. Very easily recognizable. Legal action against me :(

If after all those clues you still no believe me then i can not do anything other than say you wait till announcement. If this phone no announced i will show all pics. Simple.

zehjotkah
2011-06-06, 13:58
And exactly WHAT will change if we see this photo?! :confused:

Exactly.
You will see a device. Nothing more. Great.^^

I please you to not put Koajwujwer123 under pressure. It's pretty bad what happens to someone who leaks too much.
I mean some hints and so on under a nickname is not that serious. But I wouldn't even have made that kind of painting in his situation.
So again please do not make him leak the photo. His carrer depends on that b*llsh*t...

Edit: just read his post. I can 100% confirm that he is not a liar. Period.

shady
2011-06-06, 14:01
zehjotkah ... one more post :P

tissot
2011-06-06, 14:03
Make it count. :p :D

gerbick
2011-06-06, 14:05
By now, I don't want to see a blurrycam shot of anything. Rather know concrete dates.

bhairav
2011-06-06, 14:05
No Offence to anyone but
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_l07vVnBw3l8/TG1fxfCD1uI/AAAAAAAACGs/OSzLs5yq4KU/s640/Nokia_N9%20%289%29.jpeg

INSTEAD OF DRAWING OUT SOME STUPID DIAGRAM ON GIMP
WONT IT BE BETTER IF YOU ALL JUST FOLLOW THIS SITE ?

http://www.symbiantweet.com/leaked-nokia-n9-disassembly-pictures

I MEAN COME ON
IF COMPANY REPORTED TO THOSE WHO LEAKED THIS PIC
WONT IT HAVE been taken out of this site A LONG TIME AGO?!!!:):):):):):):)

zehjotkah
2011-06-06, 14:06
zehjotkah ... one more post :P

Make it count. :p :D

No, no, no!! My 2000th post will be something special!

Ups.. O.o

sachin007
2011-06-06, 14:08
No Offence to anyone but
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_l07vVnBw3l8/TG1fxfCD1uI/AAAAAAAACGs/OSzLs5yq4KU/s640/Nokia_N9%20%289%29.jpeg

I MEAN COME ON

Looks authentic...Any comments on this one?

bhairav
No, no, no!! My 2000th post will be something special!

Ups.. O.o
Hate to break it to you
that was your 2000th post !!!

Koajwujwer123
No Offence to anyone but

I MEAN COME ON

Thats not the consumer phone. Company very very strict about it. They dnt have much to show for while so this one is supposed to brnig sales. It was supposed to be their top line phone :P

And i not sure but that phone was leak in china , who can say anyting to chinese ;p;

NvyUs
2011-06-06, 14:09
No Offence to anyone but

I MEAN COME ON
Follow that site why exactly?
they just report leaks from other places
why all the caps :)

bhairav
2011-06-06, 14:09
Looks authentic...Any comments on this one?

This was already leaked by endgaget 1 year back!!!

zehjotkah
2011-06-06, 14:11
this is the dev device with keyboard. the same device as seen in the video.
I don't know if the leak was found but I'm sure that he doesn't work there anymore if he was found.

nikrohr
http://www.nokiablog.ch/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/n950-final.jpg

one final drawing of the phone...

NvyUs
This was already leaked by endgaget 1 year back!!!

it was leaked on Chinese forum, then eldar posted pictures from the Chinese forum and stupid sites started crediting him for it, and then engadget picked up on it.
the pictures almost a year old now,but its only dev device, Consumer device is the important one and Nokia are doing good keeping it secret if they assassinate K123 :D

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 14:14
@NvyUs I no want to die !! :P

bhairav
2011-06-06, 14:16
this is the dev device with keyboard. the same device as seen in the video.
I don't know if the leak was found but I'm sure that he doesn't work there anymore if he was found.

It was all over the news
her'es the orignal clipping
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/19/nokias-qwerty-slidin-n9-shows-up-in-the-wilds-of-china/
i think It WAS leaked intentionally by nokia
but seriously how can people comment that they never saw or seen the phone when article has
1)502 facebook likes
2)527 twitters
3)455 comments
and lastly leaked by famous Mr Eldar Murtazin himself?

tissot
2011-06-06, 14:18
It was all over the news
her'es the orignal clipping
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/19/nokias-qwerty-slidin-n9-shows-up-in-the-wilds-of-china/
i think It WAS leaked intentionally by nokia
but seriously how can people comment that they never saw or seen the phone when article has
1)502 facebook likes
2)527 twitters
3)455 comments
and lastly leaked by famous Mr Eldar Murtazin himself?

Do you read the posts here?
it was leaked by chinese forum. Pics where talked hours before Engadget posted it over at mobile-review forums.

And again it is RM-680, not the device we are talking about. The device is real, nobody is doubting that.

xerxes2
2011-06-06, 14:37
@NvyUs I no want to die !! :P

Do you know that Nokia runs this site? Last thing I heard their storm troopers were somewhere outside Barcelona, Spain, ready to get into action. :D

BTW do we know what display the consumer device will have? Something already used on a released device?

scapegoat845
2011-06-06, 14:40
Can't wait til this phone takes a hot steamy dump on iOS 5

AndyNokia232
2011-06-06, 14:42
I wouldn't be surprised if I try to access this site later and find Error 404 or some crap like that. Nokia will pull the plug on Maemo.org for these surprise spoilers.

Then again, maybe they're loving the hype building up... ;)

shady
2011-06-06, 14:52
it was from baidu, its posted in the other thread.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1021793&postcount=3648

theres an aggregation of links, including the OG baidu post with photos.

engadget NEVER leaks news ... sorry they are the bottom rung of information on the internet.

jalyst
2011-06-06, 14:55
Are we there yet? Any SOLID facts?
Knives are sharpened & kittens fattened.

aironeous
2011-06-06, 15:05
Just for fun have a laugh at this iphone rap by ben and eric
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z1X3jTJ2BY

edit: ok you know what, everyone take a break and have a laugh
Barack o pop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbNPEtle5fY&feature=relmfu

trapped in a rocket
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAKdAQRLCYw&feature=relmfu

Paul Brogan basketball fan rap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97CXaDIPYTg&feature=relmfu

Riverdance rap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBeiQvFsQLM&feature=relmfu

McCain rap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_rOCDG_btk&feature=related

zehjotkah
2011-06-06, 15:14
Koajwujwer123 just showed me the photos he does have.
It corresponds to the info I had before.
He is 100% telling the truth.

scapegoat845
2011-06-06, 15:15
Just for fun have a laugh at this iphone rap by ben and eric
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z1X3jTJ2BY

Omg, Lmaooooo. Engadget's theme song, :D

Dave999
2011-06-06, 15:23
no photos, no truth...;)

gerbick
2011-06-06, 15:25

I'm waiting on Nokia to stop taking a hot, steamy dump on us Maemo fans first.

Doubtful Harmattan, without services in place that folks truly want, will take a dump on anything but it's own progress.

Simply stated, new Maemo doesn't always mean it'll be better.

Dave999
2011-06-06, 15:33
It could have been a success, If nokia hade used its power to try to get somewhere with this phone...and the n series. But now I suspect that it will only be a shortlived device for a select few...

scapegoat845
2011-06-06, 15:36

Doubtful Harmattan, without services in place that folks truly want, will take a dump on anything but it's own progress.

Good point, can u tell i don't own a N900 ? ;)

shady
2011-06-06, 15:36
Koajwujwer123 just showed me the photos he does have.
It corresponds to the info I had before.

i love how you guys just reaffirm each other, how objective is that?

it isnt.

15days ... two weeks

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 15:40
i love how you guys just reaffirm each other, how objective is that?

it isnt.

15days ... two weeks

Well buddy , he is respected member of community who i can trust not to leak stuff. If i show you something , next day it will be on Engadget and i will be dead. Simple as that.

Brock
2011-06-06, 15:42
@Brock
I really enjoy your enthusiasm about this, and truly appreciate all the effort you put into making those images! Thanks =D
Brock is the Man Nokia should give him an Harmattan device of his choice just for all the promotion and Keeping this thread interesting :)

thx, you made me happy :D

@shady: welcome back to this thread

P.S.: zeh doesnt need to confirm K123, we believe K123 in everything he is saying... and if he would say that tomorrow we will see frogs raining, we would believe him ;)

Dont be to serious, we all are like little kids waiting for christmas morning... and thats good... :D

scapegoat845
2011-06-06, 15:43
koajwujwer123 just showed me the photos he does have.
It corresponds to the info i had before.

<3 bff

:)

HaugMedia
2011-06-06, 15:43
K123, I would advice you to stop explaining how the device looks. This might delay the launch or the device announcement.

Ever been in the army, no? Well if one person in a group makes a mistake or the wrong move the whole group will be punished, not just you. Because this way you will make sure everyone gets it.

The drawing makes false expectations, bad marketing for Nokia. We might get punished for this.

NvyUs
2011-06-06, 15:45
you think nokia will delay it over a sketch, just to punish us lol
can't tell if your being serious or not

Brock
2011-06-06, 15:45
K123, I would advice you to stop explaining how the device looks. This might delay the launch or the device announcement.

Ever been in the army, no? Well if one person in a group makes a mistake or the wrong move the whole group will be punished, not just you. Because this way you will make sure everyone gets it.

The drawing makes false expectations, bad marketing for Nokia. We might get punished for this.

i dont think that nokia would delay the announcment only because we here are talking about a few hints he gave us... seriously...

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 15:46
Device is ready for a long time now , just fixing up OS bugs. Nokia will not make any changes now. Announcement soon.

Dave999
2011-06-06, 15:46

That was the dumbest thing i ever heard. that is like saying: One human being makes a mistake the earth's population will get punished. :eek:

blackbox
2011-06-06, 15:52
Device is ready for a long time now , just fixing up OS bugs. Nokia will not make any changes now. Announcement soon.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but will this device come with color options (i.e black, silver, blue, ...)?

Brock
2011-06-06, 15:53
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but will this device come with color options (i.e black, silver, blue, ...)?

at the moemnt, we have only see na black device in the hands of elop... and my guess is that it will be the only color, like before with the n900

HaugMedia
2011-06-06, 15:53
I'm deadly serious, they will destroy us with ion-lazors!

blackbox
2011-06-06, 15:55
at the moemnt, we have only see na black device in the hands of elop... and my guess is that it will be the only color, like before with the n900

Yeah that's what I thought too, but I got confused with the teaser video (silver device) and the elop @ D9 (black device).

Brock
2011-06-06, 15:55
Yeah that's what I thought too, but I got confused with the teaser video (silver device) and the elop @ D9 (black device).

there was a rumor before we knew that their would be two devices, that the "dev" device could possible come in silver and black, but thats history now... so black is the color, maybe, if they sell billions of it, we will see a white version with an antenna bug... oh, sorry, that was another company ;)

P.S.:
my post, my post, my post... the ring.. ähm... post is mine....

Dave999
2011-06-06, 15:57
I think Nokia would love if you could release they photos. That way they can finally say that the have release something. :)

gerbick
2011-06-06, 15:59
P.S.: zeh doesnt need to confirm K123, we believe K123 in everything he is saying... and if he would say that tomorrow we will see frogs raining, we would believe him ;)

Dont be to serious, we all are like little kids waiting for christmas morning... and thats good... :D

Until that last part, I had a "I don't believe that dude at all" rant ready to be unleashed.

blackbox
2011-06-06, 16:04
there was a rumor before we knew that their would be two devices, that the "dev" device could possible come in silver and black, but thats history now... so black is the color, maybe, if they sell billions of it, we will see a white version with an antenna bug... oh, sorry, that was another company ;)

P.S.:

I'm happy to see that your excited about being 4000th poster! :p

somedude
2011-06-06, 16:04

true true...
if they planned this device similar to older models (one device one OS) this is almost as a vapoware.
they have to be more consistent with the future disruption keep on progressing the same os on different hardwares with new features and functions, which means maturing an OS not what they have done in the past, make one OS and divert all the resources for another OS for new device.

Brock
2011-06-06, 16:05
Until that last part, I had a "I don't believe that dude at all" rant ready to be unleashed.

you dont need to believe him or anybody else... only time will tell... and meanwhile we can have lots of fun with our imagination...

e.g.: i dont believe that the device will get TouchSense, diamond coating or gesture control, but hey, everything here is a rumor, so what, lets have some fun here as long as we are holding our new lovely baby in our hands... and if all this really comes true (nearly impossible imho) we all can say "we knew it before" ;)

zehjotkah
2011-06-06, 16:05
Maybe a search for "Nokia U" could help...

Just saying.

bhairav
2011-06-06, 16:06
@k123 or zehjotka
at least you colud tell time of device announcment roughly ?!!!

shady
2011-06-06, 16:08

P.S.:

umm, do you have an fcc filing that states otherwise. seriously how the **** is this happening? can someone explain to me how the hearsay trumps government test documentation! comeon HOW is it history when its the ONLY device thats shown up on the FCC. not saying there arent two, im just saying theres proof for one of them and its not the slate ...

blackbox
2011-06-06, 16:09

Just saying.

That is what I was hoping for too. Man that would look sexy running Harmattan!

olympus

Just saying.

Hm.. but Nokia U is made from alu, isn't it? :) And it has xenon flash.

Brock
true true...
if they planned this device similar to older models (one device one OS) this is almost as a vapoware.
they have to be more consistent with the future disruption keep on progressing the same os on different hardwares with new features and functions, which means maturing an OS not what they have done in the past, make one OS and divert all the resources for another OS for new device.

if we have very few luck this will be the last maemo/meego phone. but i believe that they will still bring a phone with maemo/meego, maybe once a year. if elop is believeing in his own words (and dont lying) then there is still a place for meego at nokia. and it also differs from the future of symbian. at 11.2. elops has shown a chart where symbian will be replaced with wp7, but in the end there is still some spce for meego, so i still hope that we will see another phone maybe next year ;)

see the green place ;)

Dave999
2011-06-06, 16:12
Hm.. but Nokia U is made from alu, isn't it? :) And it has xenon flash.

And its older than old...

Koajwujwer123
2011-06-06, 16:13
umm, do you have an fcc filing that states otherwise. seriously how the **** is this happening? can someone explain to me how the hearsay trumps government test documentation! comeon HOW is it history when its the ONLY device thats shown up on the FCC. not saying there arent two, im just saying theres proof for one of them and its not the slate ...

The iPhone exists but its FCC filing does not appear till after announcement. Do you not realise that Nokia can ask FCC to hide the filing ? The keyboard phone is not coming out so it doesn't make a difference if the FCC filing is shown.